1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

RB Jordan should start

I enjoyed watching our defense play last night but I couldn't help roll my eyes everytime we had the ball on offense. It was an ugly night for Cassell and even worse for Maroney. One of the brightest spots was RB Lamont Jordan who tore it up. He was punishing someone anytime he had the opportunity.

This is exactly what we need. We don't need anyone to dance in the backfield and average 2 yards per carry. We need someone who likes to hit, and punish defenders.

We won and that's really nothing new around here. What was new was two bozo's who looked lost in the backfield. One or both need to go, and I'm cool with both.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

RB Jordan should start

L. Jordan reminds me of '' clock killing Corey Dillion".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

RB Jordan should start

I agree. Lamont Jordan should be the starter.

I have no idea why Maroney does not or can not get the picture.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ieyetouch. Show ieyetouch's posts

RB Jordan should start

I like the way BB used Jordan -ie- hold him out until the second half when he will be a fresh pile driver against a tired D. I don't know what to say about LM. Maybe BB sees something we don't. Give him a hole, get him open, and he is very dangerous. Otherwise, nothing. Did you notice he went out w a shoulder injury, yet BB threw him back out there Q4 anyway? Maybe sending him a message, "Earn your keep or hit the road."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

RB Jordan should start

I agree with you....(liked the way Jordan was used yesterday). Why start him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

RB Jordan should start

Lamont jordan is no rookie, he's a proven quality veteran RB, which is why Oakland signed him for big bucks from the Jets. Jordan should start and Sammy should continue to backup. Maroney should be used on screen plays similiar to Kevin Faulk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

RB Jordan should start

[Quote]L. Jordan reminds me of '' clock killing Corey Dillion". [/Quote]

you took the words right out of my mouth. he is quick to the hole and runs down hill.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

RB Jordan should start

I do not think this team has a single #1 running back anymore and i think that is on purpose. Maroney who should be a dominate force at RB is really just a roll player right now. We use all of our backs in our games Sammy, Maroney and Jordan and they are all going to look good doing certain things, Maroney has had one or two really good looking runs this year and Sammy has done very well as well but Jordan looke dthe part late in yesterdays game but the key word there is "late" He did not touch the ball till the 4th and a RB with fresh legs in the 4th is always going to look good so take it with a grain of salt he was playing in the 4th so of course he was running over people. He still looked good dont get me wrong but remember he was not doing that in the 1st it was the end of teh game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

RB Jordan should start

Ugly night for Cassel? What game were you watching? Considering the circumstances, Cassel performed very admirably. Tom Brady is not behind center anymore this year, and if you are going to hold Cassel to his standard, that would not be very fair. Cassel did a very good job managing the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

RB Jordan should start

[Quote]Ugly night for Cassel? What game were you watching? Considering the circumstances, Cassel performed very admirably. Tom Brady is not behind center anymore this year, and if you are going to hold Cassel to his standard, that would not be very fair. Cassel did a very good job managing the game.[/Quote]

I already like him more than Leinhart. Game management-wise not as a wingman on a blind date. Let's face it Leinhart reels more ubber-hotties than anyone this side Tom Terrific. How awesome would it be if Cassel had more wins his first year as starter than Matt The Lionhearted ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tredawnt. Show tredawnt's posts

RB Jordan should start

Considering it was Matt Cassels first start, I thought he done a very good job playing against Bret the Jet Farve. He was calm and didn't turn the ball over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

RB Jordan should start

Maroney fan all the way over here. And if you thought Cassel's effort was ugly I would like to know what it takes to please you?
    Theres a reason why Jordan flourishes in that role. He came into the league on the jets specifically as a 4 min back. Thats how he described his job... come in with 4 minutes left and end the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

RB Jordan should start

I am a huge Maroney fan as well, I loved him in college and wanted us to take him in the draft, I never thought we would but when we did I freaked cause I really wanted him but he needs to do well when he is given the ball, he looks great on one play and then on another he dogs it. If he can start rattling out 100 yard games I will be happy but if he never really seperate himself from the rest of teh group it is deffently a dissapointment. Jordan was great but he was playing in the 4th with a tired D so dont put too much into it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

RB Jordan should start

I don't think that 100 yard games would please anyone. I think that even if he is less hesitant to hit the hole people will still dislike him. They will always call him out for hesitating and say that he dances too much.

I can't defend every carry by saying there wasn't much to gain but sometimes thats a legit excuse and sometimes it isn't.

He is not going to carry the ball 25 times a game and average 5 yards per carry. Thats doesn't seem like the way the Pats want to use him.

This is the breakdown from yesterdays game

L. Jordan

K. Faulk

L. Maroney

M. Cassel

H. Evans

S. Morris

Its hard to even establish any rhythm when you only have 8 carries and the majority of those were in the first half or even the first series.

Maroney the dancer.... but no one complains that Morris finishes the day with zero yards on the same amount of carries.

Yes I understand Morris found the endzone and Maroney did not. But however even last year thier numbers were identical but Maroney never gets any credit.

At this point it doesn't matter what draft pick he was... that only really matters your first year or so.

I just think that people don't like him or his style and therefore they forget about the big picture or facts and slam him based on thier memory of the game or season. Its a double standard basically.

And yes I do think that yesterday was not a positive game for Maroney so don't think I'm just a kool aid drinker.

Also people don't complain when he does break out for a 25-50 yard gain which he does once and a while.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cincykid. Show cincykid's posts

RB Jordan should start

I am sick of watching Maroney dance along the line of scrimmage - just hit the hole and go - doesn't he watch how Morris and Jordan do it? I just find it very aggravating watching someone with all his physical tools just dancing along the line, and of course, he then gets injured - so what else is new - another Ben Watson who can't stay on the field...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

RB Jordan should start

Quit complaining. There are people in St. Louis who have to watch their team turn every oponent into the 2007 Pats all season long.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

RB Jordan should start

Jordan is being used perfectly by BB. Run over people in the 4th quarter when their d is tired. Also as posted above it's tough to build up any rhythm on just a few carries--very true. Rememer how Maroney came thru at the end of last year when we needed him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

RB Jordan should start

[Quote]L. Jordan reminds me of '' clock killing Corey Dillion". [/Quote]

I totally agree... Put that helmet down and finish those db's late in the game... the way football was meant to be played.

Good fundamental Belichick football. You know this was a very satisfying victory for BB. I picked up Jordan from Oakland. He knew what he was getting and we saw it yesterday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

RB Jordan should start

[Quote]Jordan should be used exactly the way he was, fresh second half legs and pound the rock into a tired defense. Maroney,,Morris,and Faulk will continue to get the first touches. The Pats are blessed with 4 great backs each will have their games where they look good and ones where they look bad. But one thing can be said and it was true in the jets game- They ain't scoring when we're runnin' Jordan.[/Quote]

Harley, I have to agree with you on this and I will take it a step further. While in the preseason I truly thought we were getting a lot more than we could have anticipated with this signing, this would be like taking Papelbon out of the closer role.

That's what Jordan will be this year. If we get a lead (I guess I should say when) in the second half, he is going to be the guy that knows how to burst through the line. He has great judgement when to run through the line and when to just roll through for a conservative 3 or 4 yards.

At one point I thought he would replace Evans (though now I am happy we have a true Full Back). He is going to be our go to short yardage guy very quickly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

RB Jordan should start

Amen to Jordan taking the number one back position. He was joy to watch and yes he did remind me of ole Corey. He attacked the hole. He lowered his shoulder pads (take note Lawrence Maroney) and he attacked the hole. No standing up straight and dancing around waiting for something to happen, he made it happen. Maroney is the Patriot version of Reggie Bush, they're both exciting runners when you get them on the edge, but they don't have the onions to become dominant backs. Another back, Maroney should watch film of is his teammate from Minnesota, Marion Barber. They look alike, but Barber is far superior to Maroney because he attacks the hole, and if nothing is there he lowers his shoulders and drives. Anyhow, GREAT Patriot victory! Go Pats!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

RB Jordan should start

I love how you guys keep mentioning how he needs to lower his shoulder... like he doesn't. Most of you have selective memories. Lets see he started last preseason with a red noncontact jersey because why? oh yeah, he had offseason surgery on his shoulder from dropping his shoulder and running through people his rookie year. I think he now has a plate in his shoulder but I could be wrong about that. And what injury caused him to leave the game yesterday against the Jets... Lets all say it together... A shoulder injury. Funny how does he keep injurying his shoulder if he is just dancing around and not "dropping" his shoulder and hitting the hole.

Im not saying he never dances. Im just sayin he does hit the hole and earn hard yards from time to time. The Pats even used him agains the Chiefs on 3rd and short situations... Doesn't sound like they would hand off to the "dancer" if they didn't think he can hit the hole and earn tough yards.

Maroney and Morris both had 8 carries against the Jets and Morris finished with 0 yards... but no one complains about Morris getting dropped in the backfield. Selective Memory.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

RB Jordan should start

[Quote]I love how you guys keep mentioning how he needs to lower his shoulder... like he doesn't. Most of you have selective memories. Lets see he started last preseason with a red noncontact jersey because why? oh yeah, he had offseason surgery on his shoulder from dropping his shoulder and running through people his rookie year. I think he now has a plate in his shoulder but I could be wrong about that. And what injury caused him to leave the game yesterday against the Jets... Lets all say it together... A shoulder injury. Funny how does he keep injurying his shoulder if he is just dancing around and not "dropping" his shoulder and hitting the hole.

Im not saying he never dances. Im just sayin he does hit the hole and earn hard yards from time to time. The Pats even used him agains the Chiefs on 3rd and short situations... Doesn't sound like they would hand off to the "dancer" if they didn't think he can hit the hole and earn tough yards.

Maroney and Morris both had 8 carries against the Jets and Morris finished with 0 yards... but no one complains about Morris getting dropped in the backfield. Selective Memory.[/Quote]

Ok, so if he is frequently injured, then maybe he's not built to be a tackle to tackle running back. Not everybody, regardless of muscle mass, is built to withstand the rigors of being an NFL starting running back. Perhaps, that is the reason Belichick is rotating backs. If Maroney never develops into a top tier running back, that's fine because I'm confident that Bill will get what he needs out of him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

RB Jordan should start

Ok, I will just settle this now. Every running back on this team has a unique talent that they do well that adds another element to our game. This is incredibly valuable this year.

Of course, Eckle, I don't know why we just picked the guy up again. If you guys want to debate that go for it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueFortyTwo. Show BlueFortyTwo's posts

RB Jordan should start

I think a lot of you are missing the fact that the Jets were stacking the box to force Cassel to pass. This is why the run game struggled early on. Lamont had the luxury of coming in later when they were worn down and spread out a bit more. I think you will see a whole different dimension against Miami this coming weekend. With Moss burning their weak secondary I think you see the middle open up and Maroney have a bigger game... that is if he is 100% after going down.