1. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

Red Sox should have gotten Miggy!!!!

pitching is infinitely more important than power hitting and buchholz is cheap for the next 6 years.� they'll be able to pick up a powerhitting free agent before manny is gone.�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tahoepow. Show tahoepow's posts

So who are you going to bench with cabrera in the lineup? Ortiz, lowell, or youk? Please let me know I am dying to hear the answer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

If you trade for Cabrera, then you don't sign Lowell.� Either suffer through Miggy's defense at 3B (the Tigers gave up on THAT quickly enough) or move Youkilis over.

It would have been an intriguing move, but it would have ripped the heart out of our young pitching.� Either way it is water under the bridge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

Huh, pretty happy you aren't the Sox GM then.� Two high quality pitching prospects (I still consider�Clay a "prospect" at this time) and a high quality propsect at short?� Who would you have as the 5th man in the rotation?� Who'd you have as an emergency call up starter if things go wrong or players are injured (already happened for both pitching and for the infield)?� Who'd you call up during the dog days?� Who'd you have play short when Lugo's contract is (thankfully) up?�� Meanwhile - who do you sit? �

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayrod. Show jayrod's posts

sox are going to get hanley ramirez back in a few years when he is near free agency and he will be better than miggy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from djkg. Show djkg's posts

This must be a joke right? First, Miggy is not young he is 33 and his numbers keep getting worse every year since he cannot use roids anymore. He would cause nothing but distractions. Plus,�he hits into more double plays than anyone in baseball!�

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from djkg. Show djkg's posts

lol dont know what I was thinking. I was thinking of miguel tejada not cabrera cuz someone said something that the Os wouldnt trade within the division

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevejohnston. Show stevejohnston's posts

ok so we all agree....Days is a moron right? Pitching wins championships end of discussion...no further comments needed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

You're nuts. I wouldn't trade Buchholz for Mig cabrera straight up.

And we DO have power hitters on the minor league horizon. Carter,Bailey,Moss, Kottaras, Van Every, Madera, , Lars anderson,Jon Still, J. Reddick

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Why do you (and others) want to always get rid of our young talent?Yes Cabrera is a great hitter, but I really see no other great qualities in him. He is not a great baserunner, has already moved from 3rd because he is a liability, is not mobile at 1st,� and is a little over weight. To say nothing of his large contract. Would he look good hitting in Fenway 81 games a year, sure, but the 3 players your mentioned are not worth giving up for him.As we can see in Buchholz, the ability is certainly there. Last year a no-hitter and his year already a tough 2-1 loss.(I believe he gave� up just 3 hits.In Masterson we saw a great game pitched in his only big league start, so the potential is just as good as Buchholz.Lowrie has shown a good bat with some pop, and has played very good defensivly. H e looks like��a big league SS� to me.I also realize until proven big leaguers, they are just potential stars.� I just want them to prove themselves in Boston, not somewhere else.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Well said, Halifax.

Offense-heavy teams fare just as well as pitching-heavy teams during the regular season, though you almost have to be above-average in both departments to make the playoffs.� In that light, it should be at least a little surprising that playoff success seems to depend so heavily on the quality of the pitching.� Once you get there, it almost doesn't matter whether your offense is great or merely good.

The A's had some nice pitching last year.� Where did they finish?