1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Reddick making a point?

It's only ST but Reddick appears to have a bright future ahead of him if he continues to develop his skills. Jacoby may have a bit more competition in the future, especially being a Boras client who I'm sure our FO has had enough of. Hopefully Jacoby can spark our lineup like he did in 07 and have an outstanding year but he still appaers to have some difficulty at the plate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Reddick making a point?

Thanks Capt. Obvious, but you fail to realize that Reddick is primed to play RF, and not kick Ellsbury out of town...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttaplaydtoast. Show buttaplaydtoast's posts

Reddick making a point?

I believe the plan is to have Reddick man RF

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Reddick making a point?

Even better, I just hope both he and Jacoby continue to mature. The more prospects on our starting team is fine with me. Except at the catchers position where most of us agree a trade is necessary. Calling a good game comes with experience and never really go away where hitting, running and throwing does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

Reddick making a point?

Depends on the red sox front office, Reddick could possibly be the #4 or #5 outfielder next season, but would you want to impede his development by doing so?

It comes down to the redsox front office signing Drew to a horrible contract for 5 years. It doesnt give the redsox any flexibility even if they wanted to trade Drew in the future, because he is always injured.

But I listened to the spring training game yesterday on xm radio and Reddick and a very impressive game at the plate and did well in the field.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Reddick making a point?

Jacoby doesn't look like he has changed much at the plate but hopefully that changes when the season starts. I still see Reddick giving Ellsbury some competition in CF if Jacoby struggles.

Kalish is a long shot to land a roster spot in the near future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Reddick making a point?

Reddick is far and away the most expendable of all the Sox top prospects, and will probably be moved for one who better fits.

He's a good player, but he is far too aggressive at the plate to mesh with the Sox current offensive philosophy. It's hard to acquire quality players without giving up quality, and which Sox prospect would any of you give up first if there comes a time when the team NEEDS to make a move? Anderson? Buchholz? Bowden? Bard?

Kalish is a more likely RF of the future than Reddick. And Reddick is no threat to Ellsbury...

Sections
Shortcuts