1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanBlake. Show PatsFanBlake's posts

Refs are playing good vs. the Jags

wow im shocked...didnt see that coming

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Hey, freeney held again - no big deal. Sack anyway. was mathis held too?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Baltimore may have some trouble next week as well if the Jags still want to play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Did I say the Colts did not play well enough to win? NO, I did not. I was referring to the fact a team made mistakes down the stretch of a game, again, thereby allowing the Colts to pull out a victory. More than anything, this was a defensive win by the Colts.

With that said, congrats to the Colts for their 10th straight year getting into the playoffs. What will they do, though, if a team plays well for 60 minutes against them? Keep that horseshoe pointing the right direction!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

Once again, the Colts get the one lucky break again. It amazes me how this team always gets the lucky bounce/break for every game they are losing. Colts s*** and can't wait to see them choke in the playoffs!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[Quote]Did I say the Colts did not play well enough to win? NO, I did not. I was referring to the fact a team made mistakes down the stretch of a game, again, thereby allowing the Colts to pull out a victory. More than anything, this was a defensive win by the Colts.

With that said, congrats to the Colts for their 10th straight year getting into the playoffs. What will they do, though, if a team plays well for 60 minutes against them? Keep that horseshoe pointing the right direction!![/Quote]

Your comment was that the Jags were handing the game to the colts. That suggests that the colts had nothing to do with it.

Remember, Manning had to keep the colts in the game since the jags were running right through the defense.

How can you say the defense won this game for the colts. Yes they got the pick six to go up, but they gave up 400 yards and allowed the Jags to score on the 4 of their first 5 possessions. you act like Garrard is Tom Brady. Peyton Manning is the primary reason the colts won this game. He even had to overcome a missed 30 yd field goal attempt.

AGC - your mind let you watch a different game than was actually played.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The fact that the Colts gave up 24 points to the Shaguars would still worry me if I were a Colts fan. At some point they are going to have to face a healthy Titans team, or a Pitt team in the snow or something.

Most important lesson of the game?

The NFL is full of AWFUL QBs like Garrard and Losman who seem to enjoy losing games at the last minute. LOL.

If you put a real QB on the Jags team they win that game easily.

A real QB will ring it up on that defense-- are there any in the AFC this season outside of Manning? Rothlisfrankfurter is more of a manager. Brady is done for season. Rivers looks like he is for real now, but his team is out. Favre is and always will be a thrower, and he won't get in anyway. I guess Pennington, but the talent around him is much thinner than what Manning has.

That said, good game for Manning.

And MAN I wish Jones-Drew was a Pat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

moon girl - what was their lucky break/bounce?

Maybe you should try the baseball forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[Quote]
    Colts fan here. Very worried about this game and my team's constant inability to stop Maurice Jones Drew.

sorry for the emotion, but if they don't win this, I am not sure they can beat the titans.
    [/Quote]

Colts did well to come back from 14 -24 down in the 4th quarter. They sure take advantage of any luck that comes there way. This year has the same feel to it when the Colts won the Superbowl a few years ago. For mine it is Steelers V Colts AFC championship game as hard as it is for me to say it. I would love to see the Pats get there but they don't have the D and Cassel really struggles against good defences.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Dude, the Colts have been a lucky group, but this year it is the Jets. Yeah the Colts got away with one against Houston. The NE game wasn't luck, it was poor play by Thomas.

The Jets have five or six really silly wins that have no place in the "W" column. They are literally a handful of plays away from being a .500 team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Z - the colts have plenty to be worried about on D. that said, Jones-Drew is either pretty amazing or just amazing against the colts. The colts are not good against the run, but he's had more than his share of big games against us.

As for QB's, Rivers may be for real, but he has to be able to carry a team. Colts got to him by the end of their game and forced a fumble. He either needs to take the sack or throw the ball away.

I agree with you re: rothlesberger. His d is good enough that he doesn't need to win games although he has come through a couple of times this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Goin Down,

Colts execution was not manning's fault except for the bobbled snap in the 4th at a bad time. the colts run game is not good, and they tried to run on 3rd and 1 on 3 different occassions I believe and did not get the first. On their other 3rd and 1 they threw and scored a TD.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

Hey Underdog.....the interception you bonehead!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

HEY PATSGOINGDOWN.....WHY DON'T YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND GO TO YOUR OWN SITE YOU EFFING IDIOT!!! COLTS WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST FIRST ROUND!!!! BANK ON IT!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Underdog you gotta chill and stop being so defensive about every play. We all know the Colts are a great team. You're our big rivals this decade so we know you can handle a panzy team like the Jags.

Hey do us a favor and don't choke in the playoffs this time? We still owe you for 2006.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]

Hey stupid Pats bandwagon fan, why don't you go back in the hole you came from before the Patriots starting winning. Maybe you can find a book about NFL football and learn a little something about football before you post on this site again. Please explain what lucky break or bounce the Colts got in the game tonight? At least the Colts are in the playoffs, thats more than you can say for the Patriots.[/Quote]

Leon,

Remember when you insisted the refs were in charge of the game clock? I think you were telling people to learn something about the game in that post, too. I haven't seen you write anything correct yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[Quote]

Hey stupid Pats bandwagon fan, why don't you go back in the hole you came from before the Patriots starting winning. Maybe you can find a book about NFL football and learn a little something about football before you post on this site again. Please explain what lucky break or bounce the Colts got in the game tonight? At least the Colts are in the playoffs, thats more than you can say for the Patriots.[/Quote]

Why don't you go back to your Colts board!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Colts GM is on the rules committee and Dungy and Manning are beloved by the NFL & Referees.

This is why the Colts get EVERY call. It has been that way for years. It isn't even open for debate - that team gets help from the refs every game and every season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Sportsbozo - THIS IS FOR YOU.

You are just another limited pats fan who can only use the "Colts get calls" excuse to explain their success. You like many of your brethren watch games through your stained pats glasses and never ever point out things that other teams get away with against the colts.

Last night, save the manning gushing (which I admit and was appropriate) Collinsworth, except for the Freeney hold that wasn't called, spoke entirely from a Jags slant.

How is it as a pats fan and a beneficiary of the tuck rule (correctly called or not), as a beneficiary of swallowed whistles in the colts pats 2004 playoff game, as the beneficiary of faked injury by Willie McGinest with no clock run off to give your d a blow, to name a few, actually sit here and complain about the colts. Grow up baby.

With regard to any NFL committee participation, I ask again, where are the New England Patriots on these committees. The way I see it is you are like the passive complainer. You and your team won't participate in the furthering of the league through committee participation, but your more than willing to complain about the problems you perceive that other teams participation creates for the pats. The simple answer is get involved. The league is an association, owned and operated by its members. You want perceived change or fairness, participate - quit btching! Or is it that due to obvious organizational cheating that your team has been banned from participation for years to come?

If Jacksonville this, Jacksonville that, they would have won. blah blah blah. Jacksonville was 11-5 last year with this QB. He is ok. Would Brady have won the game for the Jags, yes. But who else? Brees - maybe. Rivers - has not yet shown late game clutch as evidenced in colts game. McNabb, maybe.

Bozo - you are exactly that. You have no sense. You complain just to complain. Have something valid to say next time. By the way I know exactly why Garrard threw the ball he did.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Schumster - the NFL is an association owned and operated by its members. Where is your team's participation in league management. If they are not, then they are simply taking advantage of those who do participate by making them run the league.

Maybe the Pats figure they can worry about football while everyone else worries about the league. Maybe thats why they won their superbowls. Or maybe it was due to cheating.

Or maybe your team participates on a revenue committee because they are more concerned about money than integrity.

Keep bashing and I will keep coming.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Wrote Underoos, "You are just another limited pats fan who can only use the "Colts get calls" excuse to explain their success. You like many of your brethren watch games through your stained pats glasses and never ever point out things that other teams get away with against the colts.

Underoos, I have brought this up many times and you have ignored it: I live in the Chicago area. Many Bears fans. Many Packers fans. Many Vikings fans. Some Colts fans. Few Pats fans. This is one of the major metropolitian areas of our nation, replete with extensive commerce and the relocated professionals it draws, so it is less regionalized than say, any part of Indiana.

When I view games at The Foundry sports bar, and a Colts' game is playing (at the coolest sports bar I have ever seen, with 21 jumbo-screen TVs and perhaps another 50 more smaller TVs), the conversation always turns to how "gifted" the Colts are in the officiating. The consensus is overwhelming. Since this place opened about six or so years ago not one patron has ever defended the Colts' legacy in this regard. Not one patron has ever refuted this legacy. These are not Pats' fans. They are not wearing Pats-tainted glasses. They are football fans, mostly of the NFC, with a lesser interest in the AFC and the Colts. NO BIAS.

Despite the excellence of Dungy, Manning, Harrison and others, the harsh reality is that without the aid of the lopsided officiating in their favor during the past eight years, the Colts would be on average a good 10-6 team year-to-year, with fewer play-off appearances and no Super Bowl appearances, let alone win. That would be admirable.

I am willing to bet that in a hyporthetical situation far away from the Colts' and Pats' respective fan bases - say San Fran - you will get just as many people talking about the Tuck Rule as you will get people who talk about the on-going leagcy of the Colts getting the bogusly slanted officiating in their favor. The differences, however, are that the Tuck Rule - though controversial - was ruled correctly (whether these fans understand it or not), that the blow to Brady's head was never called (in which it shoud have been 1st down, and 15 yards advanced) and that the Tuck Rule will be the only such instance any of them will site as a gift to the Pats, while the Colts ongoing officiating gifts will be quarter-after-quarter, game-after-game, season-after-season, sometimes play-after-play or even occuring more than once in one play. Hardly comparable. The Pats one controversial call would not lead to them winning year-after-year, but just that one game - a wild-card game.

And while some will harp on the Pats' taping the D-calls, these unbiased fans will also harp on the Colts' legacy of piping amplified crowd noise into the dome (lest we forget, Dungy learned this during time as an assistant for the Vikings, as was revealed by Dungy's fellow Viking's assistant, Dennis Green's son). Some may even recall the Colts manipluating the climate control by jacking up the temp in the opposing teams' locker room, or the stadium temp in the dome against cold-weather teams like the Pats in the 2006 AFC Championship. Certainly the league does, since they repriamnded the Colts for doing these things. To refresh, the weather was brutally cold outside that night, but the temp in the dome was hovering around 103 degrees.

Let's face it, both teams have used unsavory methods to get an edge, but only one team has benefitted from unsaviory officiating.

I didn't see last night's game. But I am so accustomed to the pro-Colts officiating I fully expected to read about here today.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I couldn't find a pair of wading boots but if the Pats cheated in those Super Bowls, how come they barely won all three of them by three points each? Why weren't the scores like 50-0? Or did they just cheat selectively enough to make it look close so no one would suspect anything? Maybe they drew it up at the creative meetings to fall on the ball so as not to make a first down in pre-ordained situations. Maybe they let the other team score now and then to make it look close. Maybe they let a crippled T.O. run them silly so as to make it look legit. Maybe they just "eased up" and let the Rams score those late TDs after dominating them so Vinatieri could be guaranteed to look like a hero. Maybe they let the Panthers score and take the lead just to make it interesting.
    Ok...where's my noose?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

Speaking of last nights officiating. When Garrad was sacked back at midfield pushing the Jags out of field goal range late in the game did the Colts defensive lineman remove his helmet. The tv showed Garrad getting sacked and then the next thing I noticed was the Colts dlineman walking around on the field with his helment off. That should've been a penalty.....Porter got called for the penalty last week in the fins game why not here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Yep,

Here we are just as I suggested. Read the whole thread. Go back and watch the tape and if you don't think that Jacksonville benefitted from its share of calls/non-calls then there is no use discussing this further. You would be deemed as unwilling to see things clearly.

And I am not here to say that the colts DON'T get calls. they DO. And the same goes for every other team in the league and it is not somehow disproportionate for the colts.

You see whether you want to believe it or not, it is easy not to like the colts because of their success and because of Manning and Dungy. Thus, your unbiased nature somehow just became biased.

Just curious how you can stand by an arbitrary statement such as " without calls the colts would be 10-6". Thats pathetic.

did anyone actually prove that the colts were piping in noise. No. In fact, when a suggestion of this was brought up last year, CBS (who has a contract with the pats) took blame for an audio irregularity on TV. Jeremy Green provided opinion not fact. Then you lie about the colts being reprimanded. Pathetic. You see, you just bring up theory because its all you have. Its the same as "every other team tapes illegally". Pathetic. As to the temp - denied and never proven. Funny but those pats shenanigans also provided the known watering/covering of their football field to make it soggy for a fast team like the colts. So much so that they had to change their playing surface. Hey but if all of the KNOWN transgressions of your organization cause you to sling phantom mud and that makes you sleep better, please continue on. Until you can provid proof of these things then your theories remain just that.

Sections
Shortcuts