1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Santana-Jacoby: closed.

If the deal does not include elsbury - i would go for it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukkarinen. Show lukkarinen's posts

Really rather them give up on Moss and leave Kalish to develop. From scouting reports he looks really good. Moss is a 4A outfileder at best...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcrawf33. Show bcrawf33's posts

Get him. It'll be a blast.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from manfredoko. Show manfredoko's posts

Who is Gammons suggesting are the 5 players? Earlier I heard the 4 for 1 or 3 for 1. If this is another lower prospect added to the 4 for 1 go for it go for it go for it. If we deal Lester, Coco, Kalish, Masterson, and Lowrie for Santana we are giving up a POTENTIAL lefty ace for a lefty ace in his prime. A low end starting center fielder, making room for a star, and prospects that lets face it, would never REALLY have a career in Boston.

Is this what Gammons is suggesting?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4of11. Show 4of11's posts

I as a NYY fan am so glad that the Yanks stuck to their guns and did not include kennedy. I already think giving up Hughes and Melky is to high. I really do not believe that RS will pay Santana the $150 mil he is looking for, Boston has always been very frugal other than with Manny, I could be wrong and with Beckett and Santana Boston will be very formidable but I dont see them signing him and even if they do I like the NYY staff next year just as it is. Congrats to RS if you can pull it off for Lester, coco and Lowerie I think you are raping the Twins, good job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox4jack. Show redsox4jack's posts

Boston has always been very frugal other than with Manny, I could be wrong

Right answer........WRONG with a capital $ Have the names JD Drew or Lugo ring a bell :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4of11. Show 4of11's posts

Please dont make me laugh Drew and Luogo toghether are not close to the money for santana, and RS did pony up for Drew but $36 mil for Luogo in todays market is nothing great. But hey if you guy's get Santana no gripe from me great trade by the Sox bottom line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4of11. Show 4of11's posts

Thanks Days,

Please no Willis, Haren or Bedard would be great but I think it would take even more than getting Santana from the Twins because of the low contracts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohdouger. Show ohdouger's posts

You know what the bottom line is? We don't know crap. All these names being thrown around, only the Red Sox and Twins know what or who was offered. Wait till an OFFICIAL announcement is made. If as was written (the Red Sox and Twins have spoken since early this morning) how the heck did Kalish's name get thrown in the mix? When all is said and done, I believe the Twins will take the Sox offer, and the Sox will sign Santana to a 5 year deal worth about 100 to 110 million. Just a thought. Money is no big deal because he is only due 13.5. million this year, and next year when his contract kicks in Schilling and Wakefield will be off the books.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4of11. Show 4of11's posts

You dont follow sports much do you ban? what the heck are you talking about? if the extention is not made for the $$$ that Santana wants then no trade. Try understanding whats going on before you put your foot in your mouth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from manfredoko. Show manfredoko's posts

Ellsbury is NOT a star. He's a potential star who, if he does become one, would be beating some serious odds. Not least because he's an outfielder with little power. Name me 5 big league outfielders with as little power as he has who are legit "stars". And don't start with Ichiro. He's in a class by himself and JE is NOT that good.

Don't be fooled by one hot month. He didn't even hit 300 in the minors. He's just a streaky singles hitter with some speed. And the world is littered with guys with about that set of tools.

-Don't be fooled by one hot month? how about a hot career. Look at Ellsbury's numbers from the minors and college since he was drafted. He has consistently hit well above .300 at each level. He almost stole away the world series MVP award, and is one of the best natural athletes in ALL OF BASEBALL. This guy had NCAA football offers as a kick returner. He is an untouchable in my opinion, and I will strongly question Theo if he includes Jacoby. He is better than Damon and I'm pretty sure Damon has been tagged as a "star"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nellie1. Show nellie1's posts

It's hard to predict if prospects are going to live up to their potential. Santana is only 29 and has another 4 prime years left and maybe 2 good years once he hits 34, 35 years old.

I love this trade!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4of11. Show 4of11's posts

Wow you really are dumb.

try understanding this. Before the trade is finale the Sox would get a 72 hour window to negotiate a contract extention with Santana. Its reported that Santana is looking for around $150 mil for about 6 or 7 years, so lets say that the Sox and Twins agree to the trade parametersand the Sox and santana cannot agree on an extension, their is no trade as Santana will not waive his no trade clause dummy.

Now have you been living under a rock or you moms basement because even 5 years olds know this but apparently you being a moron think that the extention does not have to be worked out. Try following sports a little closer. And I am sure that even Sox fans will tell you you are wrong,so shut up already you are making your self look even dumber than you are if thats at all possible. Normally I would ignore a loser like you that has to use profanity but you make it to easy to rip you dummy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nellie1. Show nellie1's posts

Prospects are just that, prospects. We would be getting Santana at 29 and can expect 4 dominant years from him. That works for me !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohdouger. Show ohdouger's posts

If we were truly after Santana, (and I have no reason to think we weren't), with the Angels entering the freakin picture now complicates matters. This may cause the Sox to include both Lester and Ellsbury, because the Angel trade is much more feasible for the Twins. Just a thought. Not sure how high the ceiling is for the sox. Both Ellsbury and Lester? Don't know. Angels just couldn't get a deal done with the Marlins for Cabrera so they have to make a splash somewhere.

Two rumors that are out there:

1. The Twins want to sleep on it, and will make a decision tomorrow.

2. The Twins want to complete the trade by tonight. (the watch is on).

TWINS...JUST FREAKN MAKE A DECISION AND LIVE WITH IT!

GO SOX!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from milloy8. Show milloy8's posts

Such an absurd post, it's certainly a bonus that signing Johan would keep him away from the Yankees, but the move probably has more to do with the fact that HE"S ONE OF THE GREATEST PITCHERS OF ALL TIME.

All this talk about Beckett wanting to renogiate is absurd. Beckett & his agent knew there was a possibility that he could go out and double his value by dominating the league, they also knew he could throw out his arm and never pitch again. He opted for the security, would Beckett have returned $10mm annually if his career had ended?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from funkev123. Show funkev123's posts

Find me the 5 year old that knows what you are talking about...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4of11. Show 4of11's posts

Gammons & Steve Phillips on ESPNNews:

Twins still comparing Boston's 3-for-1 involving Ellsbury and 4-for-1 involving Lester

No 5th player was offered in Lester deal

Angels likely can't compete with Boston's offer, as Twins would demand Wood, Adenhart and Weaver

Yankees may have bluffed themselves out Twins won't call them first 3:28 p.m., from Peter Gammons
    ò The Twins and Red Sox could be getting closer to finalizing a Johan Santana deal. Boston has sweetened its offer by adding a fifth player to the trade proposal -- outfield prospect Ryan Kalish, a ninth-round draft pick in 2006 out of Red Bank Catholic High School (Shrewsbury, N.J.). Wow you are dead wrong, the angels would blow any teams offer out of the ater if they wanted to and the NYY got tired of the Twins games and I can see that happening with Boston to,, the twins cannot make up their mind or are way greedy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from milloy8. Show milloy8's posts

Ellsbury is NOT a star. He's a potential star who, if he does become one, would be beating some serious odds. Not least because he's an outfielder with little power. Name me 5 big league outfielders with as little power as he has who are legit "stars". And don't start with Ichiro. He's in a class by himself and JE is NOT that good.

Thank you, well said. Ellsbury has a halo around his head because he had a solid post-season & September. The people who are screaming not to trade him at any costs are the same people that wanted Pedroia sent to Pawtucket in May & Bellhorn cut in '04. It's the flavor of the month mentaility that has taken over this fanbase.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from berkshire62. Show berkshire62's posts

Theo has got Santana fever. I am affraid the Twins dangling Santana is causing him to lose perspective. Every hour he has to add another player. We keep hearing they are getting closer. By the time they make a decision it will be July and they will have Pawtucket, Ortiz and Beckett. I wish I knew Theo when Pokemon cards were hot.

Keep Ellsbury and tell the Twins to go screw themselves. Did'nt the redsox just win the world series without him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from elktonnick. Show elktonnick's posts

"That boy is the next ted Williams"

Ellsbury is a fine ball player but he isn't close to being either a Ted Williams, or Mickey Mantle or Joe Di Maggio as some others have suggested. Get real

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

I think the guy was using Williams as an adjective, not literally. Everyone is a bit touchy today.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from manfredoko. Show manfredoko's posts

Yeah that Ted thing is ridiculous. However to say I am one that wanted Pedroia in AAA again is also wrong. I pride myself on knowing the sox farm system inside and out. I knew Pedroia would turn it around. I also know Ellsbury will hit .310+, have Coco (or a LITTlE worse) like range, steal 30 bags, and score 100+ runs this season. He has consistently proven he is an ideal lead off hitter at every level he has played at. He is making dirt money for the next 5 years, and is still VERY YOUNG! Why not have an affordable, all star talent CF for a decade? Pitching is not our dying need, which is why it is such a privilege to not have any crucial needs. Keep Ellsbury, deal whomever else.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4of11. Show 4of11's posts

Last time I awnser you if you do not ask a real question and just want to argue,

And this time with all due repect, lets say that the Twins and Sox agree on the trade ok. So now its up to the Sox and santana to work out an extension so that santana waives his no trade clause and also like you said that the Sox dont trade 4 players for a 1 year rental. Ok so in my opinion I am not so sure that the sox and Santana will come to an agreement. Lets say that the reports are correct and santana wants $25 mil per year( he just turned down $20 mil per year from the Twins), I just dont think its an absolute slam dunk that it gets done in the 72 hour window between the sox and Santana. If it does not get done than no trade! Sox do not lose anyone. And although i am a NYY if the trade did go down and the extention got done I have already posted that I think its a great trade for the Sox. Now what do you not understand about that and maybe I can expain it further.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohdouger. Show ohdouger's posts

Dang...now we are throwing Teddy Baseball's name around in the same sentence as Jacoby? Lets get a grip here people. Is he a fantastic prospect? Absolutely. Is he going to be a great player? Absolutely. How many great players have been traded over the years? Several. To think that Jacoby is untouchable is unrealistic. There is no one, and I mean no one on the Red Sox team who is untouchable. It is just a matter of the wow factor. Does the deal just blow you away. After all, they are in the business of putting the best product on the field. That is how they keep their jobs! Trades are risk on both ends. No doubt about it. We could get Santana and he could blow his arm out in spring training. We could keep Jacoby and trade Coco and Jacoby tear a hamstring in the season, and we have no one to play center. So it is all a crapshoot. Please people...keep it real, Jacoby is NOT Ted Williams, nor will he ever be.