1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mav44. Show mav44's posts

Schilling's sock

Fraud? Are you completely derranged? He owned on the Yankees and the sox finally won the world series. There is nothing fraudulent about that. Athletic perfomance outweighs alleged paint on a sock.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjmcs. Show jjmcs's posts

Schilling's sock

Three Thoughts:

#1. Schilling is indeed a big mouth and I roll my eyes most ofthe time he talks-- but it is not important to this discussion

#2. Schilling was indeed injured when he pitched in 2004 - infact it took most of 2005 to recover - and the red sox could not havewon without him. I was at the game he pitched against St. Louisand that man was in pain. I honestly believe his sock was acombanation of blood and mercuricome or something similar.

#3. Dan Shaunessy is just aching to weigh in on this one. We all know it's personal for him when it comes to Curt - so beprepared for his article of cheap shots in tomorrow's Globe. Don't waste your time Dan - this feud is making you look stupid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walnutpony65. Show walnutpony65's posts

Schilling's sock

shafty..you took the words right out of my mouth....right on shafty!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

Schilling's sock

You must not be able to get away with a damned thing!! LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mav44. Show mav44's posts

Schilling's sock

That's hilarious, the same can be said for Tom Brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tekfan18. Show tekfan18's posts

Schilling's sock

According to Thorne, his conversation with Mirabelli took place "a couple years ago." I, too, would ask why he sat on this "information" for so long.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl29. Show patsgirl29's posts

Schilling's sock

As this isn't mentioned at www.baltimoresun.com - I would have to guess this broadcaster has zero credibility in Baltimore and is grasping at straws to make a name for himself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

Schilling's sock

"Why would he wear the stirrup type socks that night?"

Because you're less likely to contaminate a wound with bleached white socks than you are with dyed socks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skibumm00. Show skibumm00's posts

Schilling's sock

PAINT!!!!! Just look at the sock today, if it is still red like is was in 04' then it maybe paint. If it is blood ( I believe it is) the the color would of changed to a dark brown hue. So someone head to the Hall Of Fame and let us know.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brimedd. Show brimedd's posts

Schilling's sock

this is stupid. Who is Gary Thorne anyway?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

Schilling's sock

Someone on another thread has seen it. He says it's dark brown.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from svenne. Show svenne's posts

Schilling's sock

Couldn't have said it better myself!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Schilling's sock

Blood is not easy to fake with paint. Blood on a piece of clothing is red when wet, then turns brown when dried. That doesn't happen with paint.

Compare the sock in the Hall of Fame to the way it looked when Curt was wearing it. It was red when the stain was fresh, brown when dried.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmarz1. Show pmarz1's posts

Schilling's sock

shafty....such an appropriate name, here's a question for you. Let's just say for arguements sake, the sock was doctored up with something. If so, what would be the point? How would that have any impact whatsoever on the task at hand?? Do you take it a step further and say, "maybe the entire injury was a fraud"??? If that were the case, then you may be able to justify touching up the sock to reinforce the supposed "fraud". The fact of the matter is, we all do know he did have an injury, he did have a surgical procedure, and he did jepardize his remaining pitching career by going out there and pitching instead of shutting it down. You obviously are not a Schilling supporter and that's okay, many dont like how outspoken he is, but for a few minutes, see if you can't be even remotely objective about this and answer the question, what would such an act benefit if in fact it were done? Oh, and by the way, if you actually go and see the bloody sock, you will see the stain is no longer red. If it were paint, ketcup, etc. it would still be red, unlike blood, which turns black after a short period of time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zajstewart. Show zajstewart's posts

Schilling's sock

First lite-brites and now this.... you idiots cannot take a joke. Thorne was KIDDING you morons

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

Schilling's sock

True, but that was a performance issue. I doubt they'll waste their time on this subject.

I would HOPE they have better things to worry about.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcardz. Show rcardz's posts

Schilling's sock

Deleted -- old

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyajhk. Show nyajhk's posts

Schilling's sock

Curt Schilling can never win another game in a Red Sox uniform and he will always and forever be a hero in Boston. What he did in the 04 playoffs was unprecedented. Gary Thorne's stock has plumetted in my eyes and for him to say that really does take a lot of gall. I was at Game 6 in Yankee Stadium and I saw the effort that Schill put forth it was the most incredible evening I have ever spent at a ballpark. Maybe if the Orioles could actually win a game or get into the playoffs Thorne would have something better to talk about. Curt Schilling brought a championship to our city and along with his teammates transformed a regions identity from lovable loser to perennial contender and league powerhouse. If you have proof Gary Thorne let's see it until then shut the f**k up and stick to hockey. GO SOX!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnwill. Show johnwill's posts

Schilling's sock

Would'nt surprise me if Schilling did this, the guy is nothing but a blowhard.........he constantly complains about the media but has never met a microphone he did'nt fall in love with!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanatic6655. Show redsoxfanatic6655's posts

Schilling's sock

I think this terd is trying to be another Imus or however you spell his name...And I would like to add that soulman hit the nail on the head. Shafty is a ##### and Niz his a deusch bag...GO SOX

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from melli_fera. Show melli_fera's posts

Schilling's sock

If it was paint (not that I think it was), I want the brand and color to paint my spare room...

They say you can't get Green monster green...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

Schilling's sock

All I know is......DOUGIE'S GOIN' DEEP TONIGHT!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnwill. Show johnwill's posts

Schilling's sock

Would you be saying "who cares" if they were talking about a Yankee pitcher, I think not........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxnationinny. Show redsoxnationinny's posts

Schilling's sock

It was blood. My son and I were at the Baseball Hall of Fame last Memorial Day weekend and like overly excitable members of Red Sox nation were thrilled when we saw that the sock was on display. It looked like dried, old blood. If it was paint it would have still been as red as the day it was put on the sock.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky4968. Show sparky4968's posts

Schilling's sock

I think I smell an angry Yankees fan!

Sections
Shortcuts