1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnwill. Show johnwill's posts

Schilling's sock

Maddog

The issue is not whether he was injured, which he clearly was, but whether the "blood" on his sock was faked. If you want to argue the point stick to the issue....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from padrepadrepadre. Show padrepadrepadre's posts

Schilling's sock

We need to remember as with Imus that although some of these broadcast folks were athletes, they are now entertainers. The less they talk, the more I enjoy the game. Entertainers are not journalists and march to a different drummer. A journalist would have had to get a second source before uttering the nonsense. Let's let it drop because it brings too much notariety to this guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cptjp. Show cptjp's posts

Schilling's sock

Conspiracy theory............gotta love em.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

Schilling's sock

"Shafty is a ##### and Niz his a deusch bag...GO SOX"

I suggest you read my post again, idiot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from minyon. Show minyon's posts

Schilling's sock

Hello:

While there are much more serious issues that require our contemplation and debate, this slight to Red Sox Nation does bear the need for social commentary. In this day and age records are broken in baseball by those who try to cheat the system by taking steroids and performance-enhancing drugs, and with what consequences? This issue was just starting to make headlines in 2004, and what message do you think it sent to aspiring athletes in every sport?

Then Schilling, who was not on steroids, injured, and in a lot of pain stepped out onto the mound, risked his career, and fought for every out. He did so to realize not just his own dreams, but those of his team, and for Red Sox fans everywhere. He countered that message through his actions. In doing so, he told those same aspiring athletes that it is through grit, sacrifice, hard work, and determination that true champions are made.

Now this clown wants to counter that message because the home team just can't seem to get the job done. It's not just the Sox or Schilling he demeans, but the message baseball should be sending to our kids. Would he prefer we follow the example of Bonds and McGuire instead?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

Schilling's sock

"Would you be saying "who cares" if they were talking about a Yankee pitcher, I think not........"

Nope, none on the '04 Yankee staff would've gotten near the mound with an ankle like that. :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnwill. Show johnwill's posts

Schilling's sock

"Clever" comeback Oscar.........little early to be hitting the sauce isn't it :[)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnwill. Show johnwill's posts

Schilling's sock

Perhaps it was blood, we will never know. But I am curious why you are so defensive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pakman. Show pakman's posts

Schilling's sock

I think this is silly, if anyone has seen the sock at the hall of fame it is now tunrned BLACK as blood does after a few hours. If it was ink it would still have been red as it was the night Schilling pitched. I am surprised this is making such a big deal.

Pakman

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevelalo. Show stevelalo's posts

Schilling's sock

Are you kidding, it's in the Hall of Fame, send CSI over to check it for blood. Schill might be an outspoken pitcher, but he's a winner and no one can deny that. Get off his back, reporters are a joke today. This guy was looking for a Pulitzer. Pathetic news. Play ball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdaddyx4. Show macdaddyx4's posts

Schilling's sock

Go to Cooperstown, grab the sock and do a blood test on it or something. Problem solved.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymore. Show seymore's posts

Schilling's sock

Considering the overwhelming success the Orioles have had in recent years, I could see why anyone covering Baltimore would want to talk about anything but the O's. Maybe this story was leaked by Raphael Palmeiro after he couldn't get anyone to buy into his Tejada "B-12 shot" story. I don't care if Schilling claims it was stigmata, I mean it's not like he was leaving a blood trail from the dugout. I've seen more blood from shaving cuts than what was on Schill's sock. Perhaps the "journalist" responsible for this groundbreaking story should stick to covering Ripkin bobblehead night at Baltimore's pseudo-retro park where the only fans who care are the ones coming to see the visiting teams. Do they still use "Come for the crabs, stay for the game." to sell tickets? Oh well; it's some guy in Baltimore looking for, or fabricating a story to get a paycheck. Tell Millar I say "hi" if you're not too busy. -Mac

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnwill. Show johnwill's posts

Schilling's sock

Sonny

This is a completely different issue. A Rod has never been accused of taking or tested positive for HGH or any other illegal substance. The blood on the sock was raised by a sports announcer who says the story was told to him by Doug Mirabelli, a Red Sox player who played with Schilling at the time. That make this a legitmate issue to discuss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Schilling's sock

Imagine Curt, on the day of the game of his life, ankle hurting like hell, taking the time to look around a New York area craft shop or hardware store for a bottle of the perfect blood red hue paint to apply to his ankle before taking the field. Yeh - that makes sense. Ridiculous!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnwill. Show johnwill's posts

Schilling's sock

Again I think you are missing the point. Schilling is a great pitcher, nobody can argue that. And he was certainly key to the Red Sox winning the World Series. But what we are talking about is whether on not the "bloody sock' was real. Why would a respected sports announcer like Gary Thorne make something like this up and attribute it to Doug Mirabelli a current Red Sox player?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bwilsonfan. Show bwilsonfan's posts

Schilling's sock

Doesn't surprise me that this Orioles broadcaster would be trying to "confirm the real story" about Schilling's heroic performance, and thus puff himself up. Having watched several other announcers across the league through the "Extra Innings" package (I'm a Nation expat living outside of Baltimore), Mr. Thorne fits the same mold as most of them--all bush league, and not worthy of the same airtime as Rem-Dawg and Don O.

I'm glad that Schilling's opinion of the media disposed him to understand that Mirabelli's actual conversation might have been a lot different than what was reported on-air.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollywood. Show hollywood's posts

Schilling's sock

thank you harrybosch....end of story.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanannapolis. Show soxfanannapolis's posts

Schilling's sock

I was at the game last night, that comment was bush league- the only thing that matters is that he WAS hurt and he pitched a greatgame- give the man his due and move on......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnwill. Show johnwill's posts

Schilling's sock

On the other hand should we assume that if somebody says something that you do not like, they are lying. That makes no sense. Do you think that Gary Thorne made this up? Why would he do that, he would lose all credibility.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fendrguitplayr. Show fendrguitplayr's posts

Schilling's sock

Schilling pitched a great game and was a factor in one of the most intense series that I can remember...it doesn't matter, IMO.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

Schilling's sock

Do you think that Gary Thorne Curt Schilling made this up? Why would he do that, he would lose all credibility.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Schilling's sock

Gary Thorne is a typical media scum bag trying to cut Curt Down. It's not just him. the media in general despises Schilling for a couple of reasons. 1) He's outspoken and doesn't use the mainstream media to vent. He would rather use blogs and private web sites so he is not misquoted as the mainstream media is well known for. 2) He is also Conservative both Politically and religiously something the media has absolutely no tolerance for. Who cares what this or other idiots say. It is the Jerry Springer side of sports coming out once again and a part of sports the needs very little of my attention.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dorchesterdd. Show dorchesterdd's posts

Schilling's sock

Please. Does anyone really care what an out of town baseball commentator says about Curt Schilling and the bloody sock? Why would Schilling seek sympathy or more PR in that manner? He was bringing the Red Sox a Championship by standing on the mound during the World Series - so feeling the need for SYMPATHY at that moment doesn't follow. The Red Sox won the World Series. Remember? In heroic and historic fashion. Shut up and be happy and don't worry about what little men say. Or do you really have that much time on your hands?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerilynk66. Show jerilynk66's posts

Schilling's sock

I am not a Dr., nor do I pretend to be one on TV, but wouldn't applying paint to a sock risk an infection on a recently sutured ankle? Gary Thorne is a fool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

Schilling's sock

"The more I think about this, the more I think that thing waspainted.....probably, there was a little blood that happened naturally,and they realized what a great story it was, and just added to it. Therefore, the World Series sock is legitimate, ALCS wasn't (anddiscarded.) "

So, it wasn't bleeding right after they did the procedure during the ALCS, but it WAS bleeding four days later during the WS.

Yup, that makes sense...

Sections
Shortcuts