1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bronson05. Show bronson05's posts

Screwed 2x's

I've got a bone to pick with the NFL. I was just looking at the draft order and noticed that team's whom made the playoffs in 08 were picking ahead of the Pats. That is a joke. Make up your mind NFL. Reward a team for playing in a horrible division with a playoff berth and put them in the bottom 16 of the draft, or take the 16 best records for post season play. I'm sure that the Patriots are not the only team to be affected by this system. Fair is Fair. Get it right NFL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

Screwed 2x's

No doubt it's a ridiculous system. I would be a lot angrier about seeing the 8-8 "playoff" Chargers picking ahead of us if we didn't already have their 2nd rounder.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Screwed 2x's

Thats the flaw in the system. When the division a team plays in is so lousy that an 8 and 8 record wins it and makes the playoffs, and a team that goes 11 and 5 andfinishes in second place and doesn't make the playoffs you're right it seems unfair. How about a two tier system, non-playoff teams pick first from 1-20 then the playoff teams where ever they finished from 21-32...just an idea?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

Screwed 2x's

That would be too logical, and you will be fined $15,000 by GODdell for suggesting otherwise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Screwed 2x's

Making the playoffs doesn't affect your picking position. Except in two scenarios. The Patriots will pick ahead of Baltimore and Miami (both went 11-5) due to the fact they wereplayoff teams. That is the first "tiebreaker" for teams with identical records. And the two teams who make it to the SB pick 31 and 32. Other than that the picks go by records whether or not a team makes the postseason or not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from modod. Show modod's posts

Screwed 2x's

How do you think the Cardinals feel, picking 31st with a 9-7 record in the NFC West?

Or, how would you feel if the Cardinals won the SB and picked in the order of their record instead of their SB win?

Nope, the system ain't perfect, but it does try to address some of the issues.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Screwed 2x's

Yea it is absolutly insane that teams that got the reward of playing in the playoffs also get a reward for playing like sh*t and get to pick ahead of us its dumb but every sport has a few dumb rules so it comes with the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Screwed 2x's

[Quote]That would be too logical, and you will be fined $15,000 by GODdell for suggesting otherwise.[/Quote]

Yikes! Phil, can you lend me a few bucks?..LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Screwed 2x's

[Quote]That would be too logical, and you will be fined $15,000 by GODdell for suggesting otherwise.[/Quote]

Very funny! Only $15,000?? That's getting off lightly where Goddell and the Pats are concerned

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Screwed 2x's

Not if you say it when you're waving a gun around. ;-) He still wont punish Marvin Harrison, The NY Giant front office, or Plaxico Buress.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

Screwed 2x's

[Quote]

Yikes! Phil, can you lend me a few bucks?..LOL![/Quote]

For you Harley? Anything to help stick it to THE MAN!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

Screwed 2x's

[Quote]

Not if you say it when you're waving a gun around. ;-) He still wont punish Marvin Harrison, The NY Giant front office, or Plaxico Buress.[/Quote]

You might be on to something there...

I really hope both of those A-holes get real jail time. I mean, at what point do you stop letting these guys skate and start making an example of them?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

Screwed 2x's

m

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Screwed 2x's

[Quote]Thats the flaw in the system. When the division a team plays in is so lousy that an 8 and 8 record wins it and makes the playoffs, and a team that goes 11 and 5 andfinishes in second place and doesn't make the playoffs you're right it seems unfair. How about a two tier system, non-playoff teams pick first from 1-20 then the playoff teams where ever they finished from 21-32...just an idea?[/Quote]

WOW! someone at NFL headquarters must have read my post....LOL!

Proposal would have helped Patriots this year

Posted by Chris Forsberg, Boston.com Staff March 18, 2009 04:47 PM

The Patriots pick 23d in this year's NFL Draft based on their 11-5 record. Even though they didn't make the playoffs, two teams that did -- the Chargers and Eagles -- will pick before them based on inferior regular-season records.

Such a scenario won't happen again if NFL owners adopt a proposal from the league's competition committee at next week's annual meeting.

As ESPN's John Clayton notes today, the competition committee is proposing that non-playoff teams automatically pick between 1-20, regardless of record. Then playoff teams would draft 21-32.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Screwed 2x's

[Quote]

Very funny! Only $15,000?? That's getting off lightly where Goddell and the Pats are concerned[/Quote]

Dont let Goddell see this he'll take the 23rd and 34th from us just for the hell of it. And you are suspended for 4 games too.