1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckhndrsn. Show chuckhndrsn's posts

Selig might suspend A-Rod

I think this is stupid, and obviously the union fights that one tooth and nail. If he suspends A Rod for admitting it, however much he did, he needs to suspend everyone else on the list for double if not triple the time. I hate A Rod steroids or not, but thats just stupid of Selig. Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

www.supernannyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/punishment.jpg" alt="" />

50 wacks should do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from badscience. Show badscience's posts

I agree. How can they punish him if they don't punish everyone on the list? (I also seem to recall that the testing to get the 103 was a sample and not every player, so how would that work?)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If he suspends ARod he is a hypocrit.
    He knows what's going on and has known for years. I don't care what any of them say they all know when some one is doing something wrong.
    Look you can not spend 9 months together and not know.
    They know who is cheating on whose wife and with whom they damn well know who is doing something illegal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan84. Show redsoxfan84's posts

[Quote]www.supernannyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/punishment.jpg" alt="" />

50 wacks should do.[/Quote]

I think that's what he said to Madonna. :)

I do agree you can't suspend 1 of 104, either they are all suspended or it's a dead issue. Arod will pay his price with his legacy anyway...when he breaks Bonds record everyone will know he and remember he cheated.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

The players union will never allow it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He is a joke of a commissioner who lets the Yankees get away with whatever they want. The there are fewer than 6 teams that can compete for a chmpionship year after year. The smaller market teams cannot attract players because of salary constraints. The game needs a salary cap desperately and he is not going to do it. All the teams combined spent 640 million on free agents this year. The Yankees spent over 450 million dollars alone and are about 80- 100 million dollars away from anyone else in payroll. The game needs a commissioner who has guts to do something to help the game. I seriously doubt he is going to do anything about A-ROD after all A-ROD apoligized does'nt that take care of everything (being facetious). The Yankees will never let him do anything to them !!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

Fact is the Commissioner is controlled by the owners and while the owners are making a ton of money you will never see a salary cap or them taking this drug thing seriously, HR's, Hits, etc it what brings people into the Stadiums.
    Why do you nuts always & I mean always bring up the Yankee payroll stuff, 1st of all they pay it simply because they can, the RS also pay it also just not in the same volume but who cares. Then when you talk salary cap, remember the teams with the highest payroll to win a WS in the last 10 years is the RS of 04 & 07. Still want that salary cap ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Stupid comment about 04 and 07 because if the Yankees won they were 80-100 million over the closest team. When the Yankees won all the championships in the steroid team dominated 90s they were echelons above the closest team to them !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Mr. Dee: If you feel that the owners control the commish, don't you think it would be a good idea that they let Selig go and be the fall guy, so MLB can move on from this period in history...?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

The commissioner is chosen by a vote by the Baseball Owners that is a simply fact.
    Also please don't make comments about "salary caps" when you own team is simply over the 100 mil mark. The RS spend a ton, the Yanks just spend more so what !!!!!.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[Quote]Mr. Dee: If you feel that the owners control the commish, don't you think it would be a good idea that they let Selig go and be the fall guy, so MLB can move on from this period in history...?[/Quote]

Very good point !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

The commissoner of all the major proffesional sports leagues is based out of NYC. That's one reason you never see a NY team getting punishment handed to them. Look at the Giants. They helped cover up a crime committed by one of their players, & Goodell still hasn't punished them. The only person(s) punished were the doctor & another staff member who were convinced by a Giants employee to break the law also.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

The commissoner of all the major proffesional sports leagues is based out of NYC. That's one reason you never see a NY team getting punishment handed to them. Look at the Giants. They helped cover up a crime committed by one of their players, & Goodell still hasn't punished them. The only person(s) punished were the doctor & another staff member who were convinced by a Giants employee to break the law also. Selig could come down on A-Roid for breaking a federal law, or is that below MLB's rules?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

nothing this knob does surprises me. he has to be the most inept administrator of anything in the world.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lowell4MVP. Show Lowell4MVP's posts

Good posts.

Somebody should ask Selig if he knew if so many players were using steroids during the late 90s/early 00s.

If he says yes, he's as guilty as they are, and should be fired.

If he says no, he's incompetent at his job, and should be fired.

Selig can't do a damn thing, and he knows it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[Quote]The commissioner is chosen by a vote by the Baseball Owners that is a simply fact.
    Also please don't make comments about "salary caps" when you own team is simply over the 100 mil mark. The RS spend a ton, the Yanks just spend more so what !!!!!.[/Quote]

If this helps you justify what the Yankees do year after year, then so be it Yankee fan. Big difference between 210mil and 133mil boss.

No matter... we will kick your Yankee A$$ again this year, regardless.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[Quote]Fact is the Commissioner is controlled by the owners and while the owners are making a ton of money you will never see a salary cap or them taking this drug thing seriously, HR's, Hits, etc it what brings people into the Stadiums.

Why do you nuts always & I mean always bring up the Yankee payroll stuff, 1st of all they pay it simply because they can, the RS also pay it also just not in the same volume but who cares. Then when you talk salary cap, remember the teams with the highest payroll to win a WS in the last 10 years is the RS of 04 & 07. Still want that salary cap ?[/Quote]

And, of course this is another beauty of an excuse... We had the highest payroll WS winning team cuz somehow we have managed to win a couple times this century.... unlike the Yankees. If you had won in 04 or 05 or 06 or 07 or 08 you most definitely would have this claim to fame.... but of course you would then have to look for another laim excuse as to why the Red Sox out did your team yet again. You NY'ers are a piece of work.

Go troll this sight for a change... You might find some mutual idiots
    there.

nyyfans.com

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lowell4MVP. Show Lowell4MVP's posts

"When the Yankees won all the championships in the steroid team dominated 90s they were echelons above the closest team to them !!!"

Really? Did you look this up? I did, and the Yankees didn't even have the highest payroll all those years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

My town doesn't even a little league team. The kids in high school have to be given perks or they'd be no team there either. I say good. MLB took a big hit when the union called for a strike. The sport is dying. The younger generation is into football, basketball, nascar. If we didn't live in the northeast we wouldn't give a tinkers damn.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from badgealbert. Show badgealbert's posts

Selig does not have the guts to antgonize the Yankees or the union!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[Quote]The commissioner is chosen by a vote by the Baseball Owners that is a simply fact.
    Also please don't make comments about "salary caps" when you own team is simply over the 100 mil mark. The RS spend a ton, the Yanks just spend more so what !!!!!.[/Quote]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The Yankees are getting taxpayer money and there are a lot of rumors that they are talking about laying off teachers in New York. That is a disgrace. Our choildren's education is a lot more important than baseball !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The Yankees are getting taxpayer money and there are a lot of rumors that they are talking about laying off teachers in New York. That is a disgrace. Our children's education is a lot more important than baseball !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from radosox. Show radosox's posts

He will never be able to suspend any of these guys. (the 104 that tested positive) The agreement was the test was for sampling and the results would never be released. The union screwed up by not demanding the test samples be anonymous. The sample results would have been the same, but no results on indvidual players. If the rest of the list is released we can expect a law suit for the players against the league for leaking the results.

This is only the beginning. Even if Selig did try to suspend ARod and the others, the union would get it blocked. Chain of evidence and all. I was a little supprised that ARod did not try to take the high road and claim the sample was not his. That the league made a mistake.