1. You have chosen to ignore posts from don1320. Show don1320's posts

Senators threaten NFL network

IT WOULD BE OUTSTANDING IF 100% OF THE FANS COULD WATCH INSTEAD OF THE 30%!

THE NFL NETWORK WOULD MAKE OUT BIG IF THEY WOULD AIR THE PAT'S-GIANT GAME OVER CBS AND IT WOULD BE SUCH A GREAT PUBLIC RELATIONS PROMOTION FOR THEM.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

I HAVE THE NFL NETWORK !!!!!!!!! LOLO,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabagoo. Show gabagoo's posts

I still don't get this. Most everyone who wants to see the Pats game on NFL network has an option. It's called DirecTV. Is everyone so married to their cable company that they can't switch providers if they are not happy with the service. I live in So Cal. When the cable Co's started complaining about the MLB extra innings package and wouldn't match the DirecTV offer, I dumped cable. Best move I ever made. Sure DirecTV is not perfect, but if you are a sports fan, it's definitely the way to go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhpenley. Show rhpenley's posts

There's still time. You can move your account to DirecTV in the next few days. They offer a better TV package than Comcast, but you have to pay for it. Why should NFL.com give their programming away when everyone has the ability to subscribe to a service that offers it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I have the NFL network but I will not laugh at the have nots because I would be upset if I could not watch the last game. I guess you will have to go to a sports bar to watch it. I live in tucson AZ and get it with a sports pakage that cost extra of course! Go Pats 19-0

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ne2vapatsfan1. Show ne2vapatsfan1's posts

If there is a bright side to this dilema, consider this...At least if you don't have NFL Network, you don't have to put up with that panty-waste Bryant Gumbel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonduckman. Show bostonduckman's posts

I would like to know why two U.S. senators are sticking their noses into this situation. Don't they have important work to do? I'm a huge Patriots fan (season ticket holder), but I don't lose sight that it's a freaking football game, the key word there is 'game'.

The NFL puts out an entertainment product. They are in a dispute with the cable companies over the rights to said product. Big deal. Movie production companies and distributors have these arguments every day, but Congress doesn't get involved.

Government needs to stay out of this. There is no legitimate issue for the government to be involved in, its a business contract, that's all. Football fans may be disappointed they won't see game 16 of the Patriots season, but they will live.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Just before Comcast swallowed the cable company I was with 3 years ago, I switched to Directv and have never been sorry. Many people I know who kept cable said dealing with Comcast is like dealing with the devil.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

You must have really enjoyed being lied to big time. Nice moral company Charter is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

I agree! The problem is with the cable providers. It's all about the shafting of the consumer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from madamy. Show madamy's posts

Regarding NFL Sunday TIcket: The NFL won't negotiate with cable companies... the NFL won't allow cable companies to even carry Sunday Ticket - ask 'em...

Remember, it is the NFL's decision to take the game off broadcast TV in markets outside Boston and NY... stay focused, Shedonlg*

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricomandog. Show ricomandog's posts

IF YOU CAN HAVE DIRECTV AND YOU DON'T HAVE IT,
    YOU'RE A FOOL!

I made the switch this summer fromComcast, I have four TV connect with everything I had with Comcast (DVR, HD,etc) plus I got the NFL Ticket with every game in HD, every movie channel (HBO,Showtime, etc) close to 100 HD channels, and much more.

I WAS PAYING $135 PERMONTH WITH COMCAST,
    I PAY $69 FOR DIRECTV!

At the end of this package (inJanuary) I'll get their middle package which just excludes the movie channels andmy price will go down to $59 per month. They even gave me the equipment andinstalled everything using my existing cable lines for free!

IT WAS A NO BRIANER

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

the nhl does have their own channel

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricomandog. Show ricomandog's posts

I don't know what bubthegrub2 is talking about, there are no additionalfees with Directv the $59 quote is $59, unlike cable which the fees add about25% to your bill. I use Vonage for my phone ($25 unlimited) and I still get rippedoff by Comcast for my Broadband ($45 + $12 for basic cable which ischeaper than Broadband by itself $59, talk about crooks!)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apollo10. Show apollo10's posts

Leaving aside your simplistic 'round the table' with the founding fathers analogy....you made at least 2 factual errors.

1. The NFL enjoys an anti-trust exemption granted by Congress.

2. The FCC has little or no jurisdiction over the NFL Network because it is a satellite cable network not an 'over-the-air' broadcast network.

But maybe you miss the biggest picture of all: The NFL business model assumes the continued support and loyalty of a fan base that drives ratings that driving advertising rates that equal corporate profits.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wearethepeople. Show wearethepeople's posts

Do you people remember when you had to pay $10 a month to get N.E.S.N. when it first came out, do you now how much it cost's to go to a PATS GAME these days, one game could pay for the whole season on cable ,and then some!!!!. pay the extra and support youre team.GO PATS 19-0!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from apollo10. Show apollo10's posts

Well, AZ, at least you concede the factual errors that skew your analysis...er..polemical broadside. I'll ignore the insults. It seems at best you have a self-esteem problem; at worst an anger management problem.

Here's a fact of broadcasting 101: Advertising rates are driven by ratings. Access to programming can either raise or lower those ratings. Whether a particular company's product benefits from advertising is irrelevant to this discussion. The higher the ratings...the higher the advertising rate

broadcasters can charge. Pretty simple huh? At any rate, seems like the decision by the NFL makes your argument null and void.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from apollo10. Show apollo10's posts

Learn how to read. I didn't say rating were irrelevant.

"Whether a particular company's product benefits from advertising is irrelevant to this discussion".

Did you fail reading 101? or reading/comprehension 101?

Sections
Shortcuts