1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andy2948. Show andy2948's posts

Sign Ben Sheets

The Sox need to sign this guy. I know hes had a few injury problems over the last couple years, but when the guy is healthy he could be your number 1 easily. last years stats - 31 starts, 5 CG, 3 SHOs, 198 innings, era 3.09, whip 1.15. he did miss the last week couple weeks of september with a sore elbow. there would be some risk involved with signing him but the reward is huge. GET BEN SHEETS!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnoaton. Show bnoaton's posts

Sign Ben Sheets

I do think he would be worth the risk for the right figure

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Sign Ben Sheets

I totally agree and Lowe as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxnation103. Show redsoxnation103's posts

Sign Ben Sheets

Teixeira Does a $180 (Million) and signs with the Yankmees

This is good news! Now here’s hoping that the “Evil Empire” opens up its wallet and signs Manny, too. The team that plays in that dump in the Bronx to date has committed almost a half billion dollars in salary in this free agent signing period. Where did they get this cash? The majority of it came from a N.Y city and U.S. federal tax break funded stadium that includes box seating that goes for $2500 per game (that’s $202,500 for 81 home games) that only investment bankers and brokers could afford who, by the way, were bailed out to the tune of $700 billion by the U.S. taxpayers. As a Red Sox fan in particular and a baseball fan in general I will revel in the pleasure of watching this recurring N.Y. train wreck as the 2009 season unfolds. If, and hopefully, when they do sign Manny this team will supplant reruns of “Seinfeld” as America’s longest running comedy. Sign Manny dammit and let the orgy of hilarity begin when pitchers and catchers report in February.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Sign Ben Sheets

I am in agreement with getting Sheets. It would be nice if they could do it with a heavily incentive laden contract, but I doubt that will work. It could be a big gamble, but could pay off quite well. It is a bigger difference of Sheets vs Buchholz than Teixeira/Youkilis vs Youkilis/Lowell combination (the reported 1B/3B combinations) in my opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmjoh0. Show cmjoh0's posts

Sign Ben Sheets

I definately think that if Sheets can be had for 10-12 million a year the sox should try to make a run at him. Like a lot of people have said so far, he wouldnt have to be an ace or any type of workhorse like he was on the Brewers. And we have the young talent to take a spot start or two to keep everyone fresh for the postseason and september run.

Ill take Beckett, Lester, Dice, and Sheets in the postseason any day.