1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mammanaus. Show mammanaus's posts

Sign Texeria and trade Youk for Peavy

Peavy is amazing, and if he joined out rotation we would be unstoppable. I love youk but this is the best thing to do for the team. youk and texeria are very similar except tex is a switch hitter which the sox love.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jakub2004. Show jakub2004's posts

Mamanaus= mamao

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesnooze23. Show thesnooze23's posts

you also have to realize peavy has a full no trade clause and has already said he will not waive it to be a red sox and dont trade youk ever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Just as Jake Peavy's numbers might worsen if he left Petco Park, Kevin Youkilis' numbers would likely drop there.

San Diego has multiple needs, but the positions Youkilis plays -- first base and third base -- are nowhere near the top of those needs because the Padres have modestlly priced incumbents in Adrian Gonzalez, Kevin Kouzmanoff and Chase Headley.

The trade proposal is impractical on several levels.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohdouger. Show ohdouger's posts

Peavy has a no-trade clause in his contract, and has stated "repeatedly" that he will only accept a trade to the Angels or Yankees in the American League. Don't know if anyone has heard that he changed his mind, but I think we are going to make a run at either Lowe or Penny, with a trade of Lugo for Willis or Robertson. Just a thought.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

PEAVY IS GOING TO ATLANTA. NICE TRY.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from judgy. Show judgy's posts

ARE YOU HIGH

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsox3. Show patsox3's posts

Mammanuas,do you know how valuable a player like Kevin is?? He is not only a very good player but he can play multiple positions! Over 162 games players are going to get hurt. So when you have a player like Kevin who can fill in and not miss a beat is priceless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mammanaus. Show mammanaus's posts

judgy, actually i was when i wrote that!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I think some people don't really understand how Peavy's numbers will drop if he pitched in Boston. His ERA+ this year was 134, Lester's was 144 and Matsuzaka's was 159. Peavy is very good, no doubt, but he would probably have an ERA in the 3.6-3.9 range pitching for Boston. That is great, but pitchers like that can be had on the FA market (Derek Lowe, 133 ERA+) without giving up one of the best hitters in the American League.

Sections
Shortcuts