1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anderson23. Show anderson23's posts

South Coast Conference Basketball

ok slimsmitty to get one thing straight i hate norwell. the only thing i have said about them is how they will do in the tourney, and i said no farther than sectional semifinals. i never said anything about them going to the garden. so get your facts straight before you open your mouth. medfield and scituate are both very strong teams that were both in the sectional finals last year, with medfield winning over scituate. i dont think any scc team could keep up with either scituate or medfield in the tourney. yes wareham is a very good team. seekonk is good but they rely on patch way to much. i just cant see either of those teams going far in the tourney

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thelayoftheland. Show thelayoftheland's posts

anyone have any idea about the strength of the Tri-Valley League? I know Medfield is having a great season and kind of surprisingly (to me anyway) knocked Wareham out last year. But, I saw Norton play Fairhaven and Fairhaven destroyed them. Norton has a solid inside player (Doucette) but otherwise, ugh....and Norton is in 3rd or 4th place in the league and going to the tournament. In fact, might play Seekonk if things hold. Just curious....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

sry anderson23 got a littlwe carried away. Could have recalled u said norwell would get to the garden but w/e my bad. Anyway, who else other than wareham,seekonk and orr is lined up to make the tournamentand is voke and d-r closing in, and what about fairhaven? Game friday for wareham could get close is wareham has an off night but brogioli usually has the team prepared for games like these.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry831. Show harry831's posts

..Fairhaven needs to win their final two to get in..can't see them beating a superior Wareham team tomorrow, but that's why they play the games!..Vikings should be motivated knowing Blue Devils tourney life is at stake, as well as keeping their undefeated conference record intact..congrats to coach Brogioli and hism team on another SCC title

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry831. Show harry831's posts

..Wareham returns five of their top eight next year, so chances are they shoulkd win their third consecutive SCC title..they shouldend the season witha 37 game win streak in the conference..08-09 could mean the end of Apponaquets record 40 game streak

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry831. Show harry831's posts

...have to agree to some extent with the Spider: Ryan Pina of Wareham is legitimate choice for all-SCC (only a Sophomore)..my first team would have Steve Monteirooat point (Wareham), Tyler Patch (Seekonk) at two-guard, Jeff Rezendes (ORR) at small forward, RyanPina (Wareham) at power forward, and Fitzgerald (Case) at center..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nehoops212. Show nehoops212's posts

I see next year comin down to two teams Old Rochester and Wareham. These teams will match up very well next year. The Bulldogs will lose perhaps the best all-around player in the league in Jeff Rezendes but return basically everyone else. While Wareham on the other hand will lose Steve Monterio, Val Pina, Aaron Frye and possibly Jules Tavares. With Tavares Wareham would have the best 5 in the league with Darren Grey.Jules Tavares,Pat murphy,EJ Bennet and Ryan Pina but without him I would have to say Old Rochester may have the best 5 with Tristan Miller, Jordan Rezendes,Ben Church,JOhn Santos and John Coucci. These two teams will battle for the title with or without Tavares in the lineup for Wareham. Also Fairhaven will get into the mix, they're a young team and will have the top pg in the conference next year which is a big thing at the high school level. Seekonk will be a decent team aswell as NB Voke but i dont think they will have the talent to compete with top teams Conference. Its scary to think that Wareham will be good next year but even better the year after which wont be good for other teams in the league. I know this is a big IF but think about how good next years team would be if they didnt have Denzel Brito or Jordan Rezendes transfer and Jules Tavares stays. They could put any 5 out there and dominate any team in the conference but their best 5 would probably be at da 1 Denzel Britto 2. Jordan Rezendes 3. Pat Murphy 4. Jules Tavares 5. Ryan Pina an have E.j Bennet and Darren Gray off the bench, its a good thing for other teams In the Scc they wont ever have to face that team.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry831. Show harry831's posts

..SPIDER, did you skip 8:00 o'clock Mass this morning just so you could write on this blog??.. your knowledge and passion for the game of basketball is undeniable!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry831. Show harry831's posts

...just read that and was happy to see Wareham crack the top twenty, but laughed when I saw ther Konk at 17!!..i began bitching about this when Seekonk first appeared, now I know just not to give much creedence to this in the future..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from indianhoop. Show indianhoop's posts

Wareham and Seekonk are not Top 20 teams. There are countless D1 or D2 teams that would absolutely hammer them. They are both decent D3 teams but hardly two of the better teams in EMass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thelayoftheland. Show thelayoftheland's posts

It's time to put all the hate aside and root for the 3 conference teams that made the tourney, good luck to Wareham, Seekonk and ORR. Whatever any of us think of their teams, coaches, players, fans, etc, hopefully they do well, win a game or two and represent the conference well in the tournament. All three have home games, so you would think they have a better than 50% chance of winning. Good luck to all of them and their programs and hopefully more of the teams can make it next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indianhoop. Show indianhoop's posts

My post the othe day wasn't to denigrate the SCC in general, just that Seekonk and Wareham are not Top 20 material. There are countless unranked teams (just locally: Durfee,NB,Taunton) that are much better than both. I'm not saying that Seekonk or Wareham are "bad"...in fact I think they should do well in the tourney, but the Globe poll is too "in love" with overall records.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry831. Show harry831's posts

...neither game Wareham played vs the Vineyard was a particularly good one for the Vikings..always tough to play on the island, and Wareham played that game without starter Murphy..rematch on mainland was strange game where Vikings overcame double-digit deficit witha little over a minute left to win the game..no matter the opponent, expect Wareham to come out flying on the 27th in front of a packed house..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry831. Show harry831's posts

..tell me this post is a joke..once again, Wareham goes 18-3 and gets the third seed, but the coach's decision about playing time is questioned..if you saw any JV games this year, you would have seen a kid who is better than any of the ones you've mentioned..keep in mind that at the end of games, the team Wareham's facing is probably that team's THIRD STRING!!..maybe that will give you a more clear perspective..here's hoping the Viking's go deep into the tourney!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry831. Show harry831's posts

.great points kcreole..all this talk about anything but the tourney is a waste of time..after going 18-3, the seeding for Wareham looks favorable..the Vikings should be able to get past winners of MV/Westwood in the first round and Coyle Cassidy/Pembroke in the second..Norwell should do likewise against winner of Bellingham/Stang, then winner of Abington/Norton in next round (already beat the Bing twice)..Seekonkshould have no problem in first round against winner of Carver/middleboro, but different story in second after most likely facing Scituate (Tyler Patch closes out schoolboy career with close to 1700 points!)..ORR should advance vs Hopkinton, but unfortunately gets the best team in the Tri-Valley league in the second round, 20-0 Medfield (no. 1 seed this season, eliminated Wareham in semis last year..after reeding all the bashing of the SCC that goes on out here, I'd have to say top three in this conference could play withany top three in the other conferences..obviously Medfield, Norwell and Scituate are best teams in their leagues, but teams behind them shouldn't make much noise this year..I wonder if fans in these team's towns are questioning playing times of the reserves (most likely there looking forward to the success of their team!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nehoops212. Show nehoops212's posts

Tonight the Scc will show that they can play with any league. There been alot of haters sayin the conference is weak and no teams will go anywhere. All 3 teams have a real good chance of winning and if they do i dont think any other conference will have 3 teams in the quarter finals of the section. The league may not be the best top to bottom but Wareham,Seekonk and ORR can play with any team in the division and will surprise all these haters when they actually see them play in person. Well good luck to Wareham, Seekonk and ORR play like your capable and yall should do fine tonite.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from parisdice. Show parisdice's posts

Good Luck to the Son's of my BOYZ from No-Pig ....you know who this is .....Mighty Whalers '83....we go way back to Santiba Cola dayz.....Hank, Horse, David Mesc, Psycho, Peter Rabbit, and Babbit's Rabbits....BBall up to 100 by 1's at Monte's Park with the Lights on all night after the block party's at Boyz Club....YA....Band Club.......now it is time for the offspring to show Pop's that they can do what "No-Pig" girls did back in the Day.....Don't make me call on the spirit of Rita......get somed Heart ...teach them Boyz how to run those big teams into the ground..everyone crashes the boards...everyone can handle "Gus and DJ" was the best guard Tandem of all Time and Downtown Freddie came off the Bench....so gurds can win a championship.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

Wareham 83 Martha's Vineyard 76

Bring on Coyle or Pembroke!

Go Vikings!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nehoops212. Show nehoops212's posts

Great game down in ORR, the Bulldogs lost 87-83 but showed alot of heart, down by 17 i think with 6 minutes and had a chance to tie with seconds remaining in the game. Also the score of the Seekonk game? I heard they were up big and Patch was goin off..........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

well put dave. wareham looked sloppy at times but so did martha's vineyard! Nobody wanted to put the game away tonight especially wareham late in the 4th. Give credit to the vineyard! If they were in the scc they would have finished 2nd 3rd or 4th no lowewr. They have teams such as pembroke(lost by 1) out of the patriot league, wayland( lost by 3) and orr(split the two games) on their schedule. They were better than their 11-9 record. Play of the game could have been any # of plays but the one that stood out on my mine was darren gray's rejection early in the 2nd quarter. that kid can fly! Wareham will be in for another battle like tonight when they play pembroke friday. Pembroke has a good team at 14-7 well 15-7 after they beat coyle tonight but have played very inconsistent this year with a loss to middleboro but have played the others teams of the conference. Will be another great game! Keep up the noise Blue typhoon, def. the 6th man tonight!

Go Vikings!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry831. Show harry831's posts

..after trailing for virtually the entire game, Wareham pulls out win vs very tough and underrated vineyard team..contributions from eight players tonight helped wear down MV, pasrticularly point guard Vierra who fouled out for MV..backup center had career game but couldn't outplay Ryan Pina of Wareham who was leading scorer for Wareham..Pembroke may come in on an emotional high after beating Coyle tonight, but Wareham and their boisterous crowd should send the Titans packing in Friday's second round matchup

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry831. Show harry831's posts

..Knockout you dneed to do a little homework..check out GIRLS DIV3 SOUTH PLAYOFFS, the Lady Blue Devils are written up very well by yours truly..do you have a girlfriend on the team or do you just want one??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry831. Show harry831's posts

..give me Wareham minus the 51/2 points and under 149..Pembroke couldn't handle Beldo from Scituate, won't be able tostop Monteiro from Wareham..gaurd play is what the tourney is all about and senior Monteiro will be the best player on the floor..love how these from pembroke come on hear and talk trash!1(who do you think you are Malibu's Most Wanted)..maybe some day you'll realize what tradition and a real program are all about..in the mean time, enjoy the rest of the hockey season..as for Knockout, you are and always will be a LADYKILLER!!..some day, I'm even gonna get my hair done like yours cause you da man!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anderson23. Show anderson23's posts

SCITUATE OVER SEEKONK 72-52. SCITUATE LED BY AS MUCH AS 38 AT ONE POINT. TYLER PATCH DROPPED 25. HE HAD A TECHNICAL CALLED ON HIM FOR SPEARING SCITUATE GUARD RODNEY BELDO ON AN OPEN LAY UP. HIS DAD ALSO HAD A TECHNICAL FOR ARGUING. SEEKONK FANS DID NOTHING TO SUPPORT THEIR TEAM NO ONE COULD HEAR THEIR CHANTS THEY WERE HORRIBLE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harry831. Show harry831's posts

..who's hating??? ..you must have that ham-and-egger anderson confused with someone from Wareham!!..obviously he's a Patriot/South Shore guy, not sa fan of any SCC team (he bashed the conference all year)..get YOUR facts straight before you come on here knocking Wareham's coaches, fans or anyone else..by the way, enjoy the rest of the tournament..you can see the Vikings in the semis vs Norwell next week

Sections
Shortcuts