1. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

ACCORDING TO ROTOWORLD:

I RIVAL executive reports to Ken Rosenthal that the Red Sox are showing interest in Adam Dunn. Is that possible, or just wishful thinking on the part of a rival exec?

Please, Theo, NO!!! We need a catcher, not a bad fielding 1Bman. Get the catcher and call it an off-season. See you in Florida...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

[Quote]I wouldn't put any stock in that. As Peter Gammons said, this has been the worst offseason ever in terms of misinformation purposely being spread around by player agents.[/Quote]

I agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

there is no need for another Willey-Mo Pena/Cecil Fielder/Rob Deer type of player......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

Why the world we need him if we got Baldelli?? Forget him, and he is asking way too much money! Too big to play in OF

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

I agree that there really isn't a spot on in the lineup for Dunn, but comparing him to Wily-Mo Pena? Really?? Wily-Mo can only dream at night about being half the hitter Dunn is. Please.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thawk1025. Show thawk1025's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

Yes Wily Mo should be used in the same sentence in comparison to Dunn. Dunn HR 278 RBI 672 Wily MO HR 67 RBI 225 Dunn : 5 straight 40+ HR and 100+ RBI years....I wouldn't want that that guy at all in our line-up. I guess we wouldn't want Ryan Howard either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

Red Sox are all set now except for the catcher position and six strong, burly men who can work in Canvas Alley at night. They also need an extra civil engineer to draw up plans for a second deck that will extend over the CF bleachers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

theo, let's just get a catcher and see what happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

This may be the start for filling the catching hole.
    Sign Dunn to play first trade Ellsbury, Buch and Lowell to Texas for Salty, Young and Youngs contract.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dano50. Show dano50's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

This may be the start for filling the catching hole.
    Sign Dunn to play first trade Ellsbury, Buch and Lowell to Texas for Salty, Young and Youngs contract.

NO NO NO !!!

Seriously! I'd rather resign Tek and keep those guys. Do you plan on Lugo or Young to play center? Nonsense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jastaleyfromms. Show jastaleyfromms's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

[Quote]there is no need for another Willey-Mo Pena/Cecil Fielder/Rob Deer type of player......[/Quote]

first off why would you put pena in with those names? Deer had 8 straight seasons with 20 or more homeruns. Fielder had 7 straight seasons with 25 or more homeruns. Pena had 1 season with 26. Any dunn strikes out a whole lot, but lets look at the two places he played last seasons.
    Great american ballpark Dimensions: Left field foul pole: 328 feet; left field power alley: 379 feet; center field: 404 feet; right field power alley: 370 feet; right field foul pole: 325 feet; backstop: 55 feet; foul territory: small.
    Chase field Dimensions: Left field: 330 ft., power alleys: 374 ft., center field: 407 ft., deepest left-center and right-center: 413 ft., right field: 334 ft.

Now look at fenway it is ectremely hard to find exact measurements online so left field is about 310, but you really just need to hit the ball high to have a chance at a homer, center is 420 and right is 302.

clearly fenway is a hitters park so imagine dunn who by the way has hit at least 40 homers the past 5 seasons if he plays at fenway depending on playing time that number would increase. But your right m1020us their is no need for 40 homeruns. and Go Uconn i hope you are being sarcastic. Dunn has way better power than baldelli and he plays a little first and outfield. all im saying is all you complain about how we have no power and than we have a chance to get 40 + hr's and you dont want that make up your mind

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

Well, I have my mind made up, and have for all along. I think the Sox have the power they need, (Ortiz and Bay should both hit 35+ HRs next season if they stay healthy and play a full year, and either might hit 40+.) And I don't want them to downgrade the defense. If the Sox win the pennant next year, it will be because their offense is in the top 5 (as it has been for most of this century), their pitching and defense are in the top 3, and they have the luck of fewer injuries and a lttle lightning in a bottle that accompanies almost every pennant winner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

dunn will cost you 4 years, a no trade, and 50-55 mil.......... they would never make that commitment with lars anderson 2 years away at 450.000 not good buisness

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigtoph. Show bigtoph's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

NO ADAM DUNN

NO ADAM DUNN

HEY... NO ADAM DUNN!!!

He will leave so many men on base and come with a huge price tag. He is not a Red Sox player, he is legitimately the most one dimensional player in the game.

As for the Young/Salty deal, NO. Not every single person on the Red Sox has to bat .300/20/120. A Montero/Bard platoon will do their job its job in the 9 hole. Young/Salty come with a HUGE pricetag.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Carnob52. Show Carnob52's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

why do people start threads about deals that we all know arent going to happen. i love how you fail to mention that rosenthal also called the deal and the possiblitlies of the deal "a longshot - "a square peg in a round hole."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

We already have a better version of Dunn, Jason Bay!! He is the only guy who could be traded, and replaced by Dunn. If the sox dont think Bay will extend his contract, its possible. He is a free agent after 2009. He could be included in a trade, and then Dunn signed to play LF. Dont think it will happen. After Bay scored from second on a single last year, we knew we had an all around player, not just a hitter. Extend Bay, get your catcher and lets go to ST.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

Of course the Red Sox should show A LOT of interest in Dunn. He's hit 40 homers exactly 4 seasons in a row. No Red Sox player can make that claim. Strike outs? Big deal....he also walks a ton and wears out opposing pitchers like nobodies business. He's the second best FA available this season and we SHOULD nab him before he's gone. But he does cost money I hear. That could be a deal breaker for the recently turned cheapskate Henry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thawk1025. Show thawk1025's posts

Sox interest in Dunn?

I am 100% for keeping Bay, I was ecstatic when he came to Boston. I just didn't like the Wily Mo and Dunn comparison. I seriously believe this offense will be awesome this year, just need a catcher.