1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan93311. Show patsfan93311's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

What happened in the top of the 9th today against teh Yankees really shows how pitiful the bottom of the order is.

We had Mo on the ropes and then the bottom of the order came up.

Tek may call a great game but his lack of offense is pathetic. Time to get someone else and Cash is not the answer.

Lugo.... it's time to lose this guy. He's killing us with his errors in the field and his weak bat. Eat the money and let him go or make a trade and eat the difference from what the other team is willing to pay him.

I know there are still key guys out of the line up but Tek and Lugo hurt the Sox big time by being in the lineup!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

Pats, you are totally right.

The VTek situation truly scares me.  I don't like the Shortstop situation at all, but we could survive, at least, with Cora/Lugo.

We can not survive with what we're getting out of Varitek. He can't hit and he can't throw people out.

We can afford to carry an easy out in this line-up for sure...we CAN NOT afford to continue THREE EASY OUTS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from politicod. Show politicod's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

I agree, and it wasn't just today.  The three games against Tampa were all close because the bottom of the order couldn't produce the big hit.  Some of these guys are in a slump; others may never start hitting.  But the Sox simply can't have a default three outs, or they are going to keep losing close games. When Manny and Ortiz were hitting, it wasn't so important, but you can't let an inning slip away when Rivera is hitting two batsmen. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronho. Show ronho's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

Crisp was the only real hope in the 9th and he could have at least tried to squeeze a run in to tie, but did not get a call from the bench--big surprise. Of course Tek and Lugo were helpless. By the way, if the plate had been blocked Giambi would have been out by a yard earlier in the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mdeitrich. Show mdeitrich's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

Manny got hit by 3 pitches today. I hardly think he deserves any blame in this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mauibrew. Show mauibrew's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

I think this ending might be what management needed to see. We have been talking about it for a while, but to see it on this big of a stage really send the message home.

1) Tek is done. Give him some time on the pine and let Cash play. He can't be any worse. 
    2) Cut Lugo and eat the money.  
    3) Crisp may be able to hit once in a while againt third tier pitchers, but that was down right embarassing.

The MLB always is looking for ways to speed up the game how about when these three guys arescheduled we make it an automatic out and save some time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

Good points, all.

And I seriously question where Manny's head is right now.

I think he sees the writing on the wall and I cringe when I think how he'll behave when he's convinced there's no chance the Sox pick up his Option, whigh right now I don't think is any higher than a 25% chance.

Can you even IMAGINE what a lame duck Manny would be like??????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

I said on another board that we were headed for a collapse but hoped I was wrong when I said it on July 1.  Two great wins against the  Yankees gave me pause to think that maybe we might be all right.  Well, if a collapse is not coming certainly we are headed for tough times this summer and let's take a good look and see why.

1. Lugo.  There is a real weenie named CP Jon who sometimes posts here and rarely has his brain engaged in anything , but he said something today that was a spot-on.  Owner John Henry will NOT eat a contract.  We are stuck with this guy so the only alternative is to bring up Jed Lowrie and let him play shortstop.  Lugo cannot play under pressure.  His record proves that.  When TB was lousy he was having a good year and they still got rid of him.  He went to the Dodgers who were contending in 2006 and he played himself out of the lineup.  Same as here, no hitting, errors, lousy in the clutch.  I would love to get Jack Wilson to play SS for us but unless Henry is willing  to eat Lugo's contract or trade him to someone and eat most of the salary I don't see him going anywhere.  So bring up Lowrie and send Lugo to the far end of the bench.

2. Varitek.  He has had it.  Remember, it is not only his hitting that it putrid, and I mean putrid, but his arm is a rag one.  Can't throw out runners, and he's no great shakes as a defensiveman anymore if you saw that past ball that squirted by him today.  We must give him a gold watch and wish him a fair adieu.  HE MUST NOT BE RESIGNED.  The guy  has become a joke with the bat.

3. Crisp.  Great defensive CF and pretty good RH hitter.  A lousy LH hitter, lousy in the clutch and very prone to tank in big series.  We were lucky to get two hits from him in the first game.  Since then, nothing, and I will almost guarantee there will be no hits from him tomorrow.  He seems to always pick the Yankee series in the summer to gag and choke on.

As for Manny,  if the Red Sox are smart they will not under any circumstances extend his two option years.  If he become a hindrance,  suspend him or release him.  He is heading downward fast anyway.  Have you seen how pitchers are pounding him with fast balls and he can't get around on them?  Hell, he couldn't get around on  Mussina's 88er today.

To be sure, our cause this year is not hopeless but we need to  get some reinforcements and  FrancoMa must be told in no uncertain terms that you pinch hit for Varitek late in the game.  Unless he is ordered to do so he will not.  Not ever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

I said on another board that we were headed for a collapse but hoped I was wrong when I said it on July 1.  Two great wins against the  Yankees gave me pause to think that maybe we might be all right.  Well, if a collapse is not coming certainly we are headed for tough times this summer and let's take a good look and see why.

1. Lugo.  There is a real weenie named CP Jon who sometimes posts here and rarely has his brain engaged in anything , but he said something today that was a spot-on.  Owner John Henry will NOT eat a contract.  We are stuck with this guy so the only alternative is to bring up Jed Lowrie and let him play shortstop.  Lugo cannot play under pressure.  His record proves that.  When TB was lousy he was having a good year and they still got rid of him.  He went to the Dodgers who were contending in 2006 and he played himself out of the lineup.  Same as here, no hitting, errors, lousy in the clutch.  I would love to get Jack Wilson to play SS for us but unless Henry is willing  to eat Lugo's contract or trade him to someone and eat most of the salary I don't see him going anywhere.  So bring up Lowrie and send Lugo to the far end of the bench.

2. Varitek.  He has had it.  Remember, it is not only his hitting that it putrid, and I mean putrid, but his arm is a rag one.  Can't throw out runners, and he's no great shakes as a defensiveman anymore if you saw that past ball that squirted by him today.  We must give him a gold watch and wish him a fair adieu.  HE MUST NOT BE RESIGNED.  The guy  has become a joke with the bat.

3. Crisp.  Great defensive CF and pretty good RH hitter.  A lousy LH hitter, lousy in the clutch and very prone to tank in big series.  We were lucky to get two hits from him in the first game.  Since then, nothing, and I will almost guarantee there will be no hits from him tomorrow.  He seems to always pick the Yankee series in the summer to gag and choke on.

As for Manny,  if the Red Sox are smart they will not under any circumstances extend his two option years.  If he become a hindrance,  suspend him or release him.  He is heading downward fast anyway.  Have you seen how pitchers are pounding him with fast balls and he can't get around on them?  Hell, he couldn't get around on  Mussina's 88er today.

To be sure, our cause this year is not hopeless but we need to  get some reinforcements and  FrancoMa must be told in no uncertain terms that you pinch hit for Varitek late in the game.  Unless he is ordered to do so he will not.  Not ever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HHS1964. Show HHS1964's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

[Quote]Sea,

I agree with your comments, but you didn't have to post them 3 times[/Quote]

I think it is great Sea posted his thoughts 3 time. It is called positive reinforcement.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from intcom. Show intcom's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

The first out, Crisp, went weakly, without a thought to putting the ball down. Bases loaded, none out and knowing who's up next - makes sense to put the pressure on the Yankee infield. Chances are a good bunt in that spot not only ties the game but may even get the lead if a bad throw follows the bunt.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

[Quote]I think it is great Sea posted his thoughts 3 time. It is called positive reinforcement.[/Quote]

You know what?  My computer showed no sign that I had made a successful post.  I kept looking for the green blocks on the lower right hand side of my computer and no go.  Sorry for that guys.

Let's hope Wake has a great game tomorrow, that the first six men in or order have big games and that with them doing it we can take the fourth game.  Be advised Variupchuck will not be in the starting lineup but don't be surprised if sit and spit inserts him as a PH late in the game.  And, yes, we need a shortstop real bad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

Variupchuck, Fred?  You have truly gone down the pipes into the sewerhole, man.  Do all the other posters know you became a 'Sox fan' in 2000?  Many of us waited 30+ years to see our first title.  You waited 4 years and then got another 3 years after that.  And you think you have the right to compose insulting names for any Red Sox player who is underperforming, including a key guy like Varitek?  You aren't a real Red Sox fan in my books.    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vabeachredsoxfan. Show vabeachredsoxfan's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

Well, according to my calculations (aka the players that have been trashed after a Sox loss) this team really sucks.  In order to have any hope for the playoffs, the Sox need a major overhaul.

Starting at the top, Theo and Francona must both go.  Neither one of them knows anything about putting together championship teams or winning World Series.

Pitching?  I'll give Beckett and Lester a reprieve for now since they just beat the Yanks, but they are both on a short leash.  Everyone else, starters and relievers, must be replaced.  Don't count on Buchholz or Colon either. Buch can't command his FB and Colon can't stay away from the buffet or the DL.  Even Paps has already blown 4 saves this year and he can't keep his mouth shut.

As for the rest of the team, everyone not named Lowell, Pedroia, or Casey must be traded.  Even Papi must go. He is over the hill and will never recover from his injuries. 

In short, we keep Beckett and Lester (although they too have received their fair share of bashing), Lowell, Pedroia, and Casey.
    Everyone else is worthless.

Yep, that should do it.  Theo, get to work.  Oops, I forgot, he is worthless too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

Very good, va.  Your sanity is appreciated.

[Quote]Well, according to my calculations (aka the players that have been trashed after a Sox loss) this team really sucks.  In order to have any hope for the playoffs, the Sox need a major overhaul.

Starting at the top, Theo and Francona must both go.  Neither one of them knows anything about putting together championship teams or winning World Series.

Pitching?  I'll give Beckett and Lester a reprieve for now since they just beat the Yanks, but they are both on a short leash.  Everyone else, starters and relievers, must be replaced.  Don't count on Buchholz or Colon either. Buch can't command his FB and Colon can't stay away from the buffet or the DL.  Even Paps has already blown 4 saves this year and he can't keep his mouth shut.

As for the rest of the team, everyone not named Lowell, Pedroia, or Casey must be traded.  Even Papi must go. He is over the hill and will never recover from his injuries. 

In short, we keep Beckett and Lester (although they too have received their fair share of bashing), Lowell, Pedroia, and Casey.
    Everyone else is worthless.

Yep, that should do it.  Theo, get to work.  Oops, I forgot, he is worthless too.[/Quote]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tookme5. Show tookme5's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

If you don't think having a catcher that's hitting 220 is not a problem, then you and I have nothing to talk about. Nice try.....get back to the beach.   12 for last 100, can't throw anyone out, I was happy that he poped out, I was sure he'd hit into his patened, rally killing double play.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tookme5. Show tookme5's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

If you don't think having a catcher that's hitting 220 is not a problem, then you and I have nothing to talk about. Nice try.....get back to the beach.   12 for last 100, can't throw anyone out, I was happy that he poped out, I was sure he'd hit into his patened, rally killing double play.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeaBeachFraud. Show SeaBeachFraud's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

Casey, Lowell, and Pedroia must go too!

The Mayor can't play the outfield - what a piece of trash, Lowell is a fake - no way he earns two MVPs in a row, and Pedroia is Francoma's boy - that means he can't be trusted.

I'd purge the entire squad, bring up the entire Pawtucket team, and give my boy Jacoby  seniority on the team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeaBeachFraud. Show SeaBeachFraud's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

[Quote]Manny got hit by 3 pitches today. I hardly think he deserves any blame in this.[/Quote]

That warmed over barf moved right in the line of the pitches today - that's his way of making sure his pathetic BA doesn't sag further, while insuring he doesn't have to make a contribution. A Yankee through and through.

Ramirez can't get around a fastball anymore but he thinks he  can replace Giambi next year as Yankee DH.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

I like it but who is this?

[Quote]Casey, Lowell, and Pedroia must go too!

The Mayor can't play the outfield - what a piece of trash, Lowell is a fake - no way he earns two MVPs in a row, and Pedroia is Francoma's boy - that means he can't be trusted.

I'd purge the entire squad, bring up the entire Pawtucket team, and give my boy Jacoby  seniority on the team.[/Quote]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vabeachredsoxfan. Show vabeachredsoxfan's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

[Quote]I like it but who is this?[/Quote]

I was wondering the same thing?

But sorry, Jacoby goes. 

The entire Pawtucket team?  There's an interesting thought.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeaBeachFraud. Show SeaBeachFraud's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

[Quote]I like it but who is this?[/Quote]

It's ME - Fred - the pink-hatting, player-bashing mentally ill loser.

I wasn't happy with the first two wins over NY and now i will overreact like a screaming drama queen because it's currently 2-1. Watch my hysterics tomorrow if that slagheap Wakefield who can never win in Yankee Stadium starts up. he'll never get out of the fourth and then it's back to Delgarbage and Gutless.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Sox Need Help Right Now!

I think I know who this is and I applaud.  As I have pointed out in several places here tonight, Fred is a fake Red Sox fan.  Came on board in 2000 and has 2 titles.  Can you imagine?  He is everything people hate about entitled pinkhatters and then some.  At least the pinkhatters don't hurl insults at players & management like Fred does.

[Quote]It's ME - Fred - the pink-hatting, player-bashing mentally ill loser.

I wasn't happy with the first two wins over NY and now i will overreact like a screaming drama queen because it's currently 2-1. Watch my hysterics tomorrow if that slagheap Wakefield who can never win in Yankee Stadium starts up. he'll never get out of the fourth and then it's back to Delgarbage and Gutless.[/Quote]

Sections
Shortcuts