1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjgray. Show jjgray's posts

Sox ratings drop 20% on NESN

I can see why. An overload of the same commercials, and the always boring Tom Caron. I turn on for the game, and turn off immediately afterwards. Even though I enjoy, Eck, Lou, Jim Ed, I can't watch because of the boring, bland, monotone, Tom Caron. If I miss the game, rather than watch Caron with his "lowlights" I go to the computer for the score and line action. Perhaps if the pre-game and post game shows were better (without TC alone would be a BIG improvement) the actual ratings for the game would be higher. Just one persons take on it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from manfredoko. Show manfredoko's posts

hahaha i think its funny that TC gave himself a nickname. we could use Tina CERVASIO back on NESN and doing everything she could handle. I would watch her all the time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5Dough. Show 5Dough's posts

Try watching other regional broadcasts and you'll really appreciate NESN--no joke. Even if TC bothers you--which for me, he doesn't--you only have to deal with him for a bit of the broadcast, unlike Michael Kay or whatever they have announcing on FSN regional broadcasts, where they actually scream for a hometeam foul ball to hook fair.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from msw6880. Show msw6880's posts

link?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Nothing personal but I watch the games on mlb.com only, so I don't get as much exposure to the channel as most of you, but I still wish we had a new announcer in place of Jerry Remy. I like the guy and he's funny but I find the constant hawking of his products distasteful. He's paid well enough I would think to not have to push his products so much. Jerry Remy without the product hawking would be fine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

jerry's probably the best color man in the game. i can live with the hawking in exchange for his analysis.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Just think.....we could have McCarver. He's the absolute worst!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 0407Champs. Show 0407Champs's posts

It could be worse..........we could have Suzyn Waldman on the radio broadcasts.........Oh my goodness gracious!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from phineasgage. Show phineasgage's posts

God forbid.....

I do stick with the radio broadcasts, though, even when watching on TV. Just my opinion, but I like Castiglione as much as anyone they've had in the booth since Martin/Woods. It's amazing he's been here more than 25 years now.

I just wish they could find him a good partner post-Coleman. I didn't care for Trupiano. Is it going to be Dave O'Brien again next season?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Lets get Joe Morgan. If NESN calls BEAVIS, ratings will sky rocket...!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 0407Champs. Show 0407Champs's posts

[Quote]God forbid.....

I do stick with the radio broadcasts, though, even when watching on TV. Just my opinion, but I like Castiglione as much as anyone they've had in the booth since Martin/Woods. It's amazing he's been here more than 25 years now.

I just wish they could find him a good partner post-Coleman. I didn't care for Trupiano. Is it going to be Dave O'Brien again next season?[/Quote]

I believe O'Brien is returning, I'm not a big Geffner fan. Back in the day, Bob Starr wasn't bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nesportsfan6013. Show nesportsfan6013's posts

I watched just about every game that was shown on NESN this past season. I was a little tired of them showing many commercials for that STUPID Sox Appeal. I'm afraid, I can't really stand all of the other commercials Jerry Remy appears in. I also don't like the comedy show, that they heavily promoted during the games. I usually would turn the channel when the commercials came on, and will probably continue to do so.