1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbredsoxaddict. Show vbredsoxaddict's posts

Sox sign Colon to Triple-A deal

I think it's a good signing.� If Colon can come back and be healthy,� he could end up being huge.� We all know what he was once capable of.� The best part of the signing, we did not have to trade any of our prospects.�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbredsoxaddict. Show vbredsoxaddict's posts

I want Buch in the rotation as well.� But Buch is not going to pitch 200 innings.� The Sox need someone to spell him at some point during the season and Colon could be the guy.�

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from philly-sox-fan. Show philly-sox-fan's posts

hendrixman,

I share your enthusiasm for this years pitching, but what's with the "Cancer Boy" crap?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrstohl. Show mrstohl's posts

This is a great No-Risk signing. My concerns/thoughts....Manny and Julian need to step upand get their old friend in shape!Schilling and Colon might both be ready at the same time...ALL-STAR break?Colon is young enough to make this signing worth-while for years to come.He needs another big contract and we will reap the benefits of his effortsAt the very least we are only expecting #5 starter stuff, so 6 inning with 4 runs is all we need�Expectations? Maybe 20-24 games, 12-15 starts? 85 Innngs? 4.50 ERA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sienky22. Show sienky22's posts

Bad idea keeping Buchholz in AAA. First that would do nothing but hurt his confidence and just because he is with the Paw Sox doesn't mean his number of innings is being limited anymore than if he was in the bigs.�I dont like this deal unless they are going to run a 6 man rotation which doesn't make much sense at this point. and they already have a spot starter in Tavarez.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from megasudz. Show megasudz's posts

Wow how insensitive. I would not want to go through what Lester, or any other cancer survivor has to go endure. However, I do like the fact that this is a signing of low risk to the Sox. Colon is on a couple of seasons removed from a Cy Young and may have something to prove.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dsk1. Show dsk1's posts

I doubt it will hurt his confidence, but in any case it will let them limit his innings, because it doesnt matter if they win in the minors. They can put him on� a strict pitch count and pull him regardless of the situation, which they couldn't do in the majors. I hope he is up, because he's great to watch; but he isn't going to pitch more than 180 or so innings, and i'd rather some of them be in october.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovegolf01. Show lovegolf01's posts

once upon a time, the red sox pulled�a guy named luis tiant off the scrap heap and he went on to recapture his former greatness. this is not a prediction, only that there's a possibility of something special�happening and this being one of the spring's best moves. if not, there's little risk or financial investment. let's lose the "fat" and "cancer-boy" remarks. I'd like to think we're better and more sophisticated fans than that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lookout. Show lookout's posts

The worst thing that happens with the Colon signing is they have somebody big enough to wear Schilling's pants from last year.

Seriously, I've never been a huge Colon fan, but he's a cheap, no-lose signing that may produce good results.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yawhause. Show yawhause's posts

What's not to like?� If he bounces back we win...if not, no real harm done.�

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3342512. Show user_3342512's posts

I'm not too confident that Colon can bounce back; he's always been overweight and with the recent injuries his decline has been precipitous.� However, this is still a good move from a depth standpoint, and maybe this guy can find his health and exercise regimen at the same time.More importantly, this is a great way to protect Bucholz while not necessarily relying on Tavarez.��As far as Clay's�innings limit, this does not include�the postseason right?� In other words, if he's at 185 at the end of September there's no compunction over giving him 3-5 postseason starts - is this�correct?�

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

You are an insensitive idiot to call anyone "Cancer Boy".� What a moron.� Go back in the hole you crawled out of.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3342512. Show user_3342512's posts

Okay, so that was an odious comment about Lester, but we should just stop talking about it (the comment I mean) and start disucssing�the 17 wins he'll get in '08.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dei991. Show dei991's posts

If it works out GREAT signing! Depends on how he bounces back just like several others have said

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from javaukti. Show javaukti's posts

can't have enough pitching: april-may is absolutekiller schedule, probably� the worst stretch of the year.Return to Fenway from Japan-left coast-toronto totally off balance and right-off-the bat face Cleveland,Tigers Yankees, no break boom,boom,boom. 56 games to start the season with only one day off!! can't have enough pitching��

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

While I like the idea of Oswalt taking a place in our rotation (who wouldn't), I see that possibility as a July trade deadline possibility only.� IF the Astros are out of it, and the Red Sox need a�high quality starter to make their post-season run legit, then I could see the Sox parting with the young guns it would take to get Oswalt.Until then, the sox should keep all their youngsters and wait and see how the pitching looks in July.� It might be that Schilling is on the verge of returning and Colon is looking good.� We won't know til then, but I would not be trading for a high quality starter at this point of the season if I were the Sox.� No need right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

rj,they way I understand it, the innings limit INCLUDES post season innings.� If the Sox feel that Buchholz is good for 180 innings in 2008, and they see 3 - 5 starts in the post season as a possibility, then they need to limit his season to around 150 - 160 innings.� It has been noted both on this board and in other forums and by legitimate sportswriters that one reason it is hard for teams to repeat, is that pitching stafffs usually have a rash of injuries and set backs in the year following their successful post-season runs.� This has been attributed (rightly so, in my mind) to the added 30 or so innings the starters pitch on top of their usual season obligations, and the extra 10 to 15�games/innings a good reliever might have to endure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3342512. Show user_3342512's posts

I thought that was the way it worked�- if you're going to calibrate innings so precisely it'd be stupid to let the guy exceed it by 15-30 in the PS.� However, I thought I recalled Remy and Orsillo talking about it last year during Bucholz's Toronto start (the one after the no-no) and saying he would be available in the�PS even though he was at his innings limit.� If it is as�we think, he'll get�definitely get less than 25 starts�this year.� Which makes you wonder if he'll start the year�in the bullpen, which doesn't�really make sense, or make 6-7 starts in Pawtucket under�strict inning counts.�

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mappman. Show mappman's posts

The "Cancer Boy" comment was one the most classless posts I've ever read on�any sports blog.� Kid you have a lot of growing up to do and you should apologize to all who read these posts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from winslow1191. Show winslow1191's posts

already huge. But seriously, I think if he is put on a proper training regimine and diet, he could be healthy and maybe not be what he once was, but still be an effective quality pitcher.>>>LOL.� LIterally.� Cracked me up.� I agree.� If the brain trust can get him to take his body seriously and with Farrell's patience and skill, we just may have something here.� Colon was once the cream of the AL.� He ain't that old.�

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from winslow1191. Show winslow1191's posts

>>Let's keep�our heads here, amigo.� Buckholtz is a baby.��The fact he threw a no-hitter doesn't make him big league ready.� He's�got enormous potential, but the worst thing that can happen to him is to rush him along and create failure for him.� That would do more to destroy his conficence than sending him to Pawtucket for a few months or�even a season.� They did that with Hanson and look where he�is now.That said, there's no�guarantee Colon will�become something he hasn't been for 3 years and we may have no choice but to throw Buckholtz in the rotation.� Time�will tell.�

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeab00. Show mikeab00's posts

John Lester...."Cancer Boy?"

You're quite the d*****bag, pal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from winslow1191. Show winslow1191's posts

>>Oh, c'mom.� Cut the guy some slack.� He apologized.� If you can't accept the apology, you're the moron.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jay27white. Show jay27white's posts

Of course it is a good pick up.� Colon was good at one point and has good experience.��

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dadoffenway. Show dadoffenway's posts

I Think this is one we can all agree on.� It's absolutely a fantastic move by Theo.� Nothing to lose and everything to gain.