1. You have chosen to ignore posts from voicofreasontwo. Show voicofreasontwo's posts

Sox starters

�The Sox starters have gotten off to a relatively up and down start thus far this year. There are always high expectations here in RSN with none higher than for our rotation. How about these numbers over the last 4 games.30 innings���� 7.5 per game10 hits��������� 3 earned runs������ .9 era9 walks���������� .63� whip32 K's�Yes I have too much time on my hands right at the moment. But that is a pretty impressive 4 game stretch. Hopefully it proves to be a sign of what the future holds.�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from david139. Show david139's posts

Sox starters

Nice stretch certainly. Wake and Lester will probably not be pitching nice games very often, JB and DK probably fairly often, Bucholz off and on and Colon the wild card.
    The key is that the offense has to start getting for than 5-7 hits over a 5 game span. This team more or less wasted 3 fine piched games as losses.

Another thing.. Who was scared when Mike Timlin was warming up in the 8th after this excellently pitched game up until then?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Sox starters

Can we look at a longer stretch?

29 G, 10-6 record, 3.88 ERA, 171.2 IP, 140 H, 74 ER, 78 R, 82 BB, 136 K, .223 BAA

Wait, let me repeat that last one: .223 BAA.� Opposing hitters are .223/.315/.366 against our starting pitchers, a line that is a little weaker than what that famed slugger Brandon Inge hit last year.� Imagine Julio Lugo, mired in a slump, without his speed.

Not quite a Cy Young line, due to the blown leads by the bullpen, but a pitcher showing these numbers at the end of August would certainly be noticed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from voicofreasontwo. Show voicofreasontwo's posts

Sox starters

�Thats some good stuff 30something.�It also translates into a whip, a favorite of mine,�of 1.29. Which is very good for a staff also. Considering some of the bad outings these guys have had I really like the potential of this staff. Throw on top of that the possibility of Colon, Schilling and someone from the system waiting in the wings to make a contribution�, I think the Sox staff is looking pretty good.�If Scihll comes back maybe it will be better for him if it is in a relief role given the questionable health of that arm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Sox starters

Masterton, Buchholz, Dice-k, Beckett and Lester have all looked fabulous in their most recent starts. I am incredibly optimistic long-term about the starters on the staff. It's the middle relief---Lopez, Timlin,Tavarez, MDC and to a degree Aardsma who have stunk it up. Theo needs to improve this corps---none of whom can be trusted in a tight situation!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from david139. Show david139's posts

Sox starters

Problem with Lopez, Timlin, Tavarez, MDC and Aardsma in middle relief is that only Tavarez is more than a 1 inning reliever basically if/when they do get on track. If a starter has a terrible start and has to be pulled in say, the 4-5th inning you go through 3-4 of them and they might not be available the next game if needed again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymark. Show fenwaymark's posts

Sox starters

Yes, the starters had better go deep because the bullpen ERA is growing faster than the tax rate and C.O.L. (cost of living) index combined. Makes one wonder if Colon will fit in or not, never mind Schilling. Personnaly, I'd like to see them try out Masterson again as a starter. I know they will probably throw him into the percussion section, but I liked his stuff, howbeit, in a losing effort as a starter.Shows the value of pitchers ("You can never have enough pitchers"-Casey Stengel). I thought Toronto with Halladay, Burnett, McGowan, Marcus and Litsch would have the best staff in baseball but Burnett has lost it. I figured Lester and Bucholz would need a year to learn how to pitch at major league level then the Sox might be the best. As of� now they may have the best starters and still more on the way. (Bowden, Pauley, Justin, i.e.)��

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevejohnston. Show stevejohnston's posts

Sox starters

ok Timlins is about done...If he makes it through the year we are lucky...but I am confused about something..this is a forum on the RS starting pitching right? Where are the Wakefield haters???� I cannot believe not one post about releasing or sending Wakefield to the minors....hmmm ....must be morons day off today

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevejohnston. Show stevejohnston's posts

Sox starters

yea true enough...god forbid a #3 or 4 starter has an ERA @4