1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Spring Training Reasons To "Feel Good"...

Looks like the ball is just about to get rolling, flying, thrown, and hit so A dailly "Feel Good" Log may be a good thing to start. Obviously a Daily " Not So Good " Log may be started also, but I'll let somebody else start that one. I'll start off today's by saying that it looks encouraging for some of the Pitchers to be showing up a day or so early and apparently in Good Shape !! Penny says he's feeling good and looks to have a healthy year which should translate into many victories for the Sox !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

A good vibe all around up there too Al, I was up there yesterday and spoke with alot of people happy to get this season underway,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from youngdavid74. Show youngdavid74's posts

Nice to see Beckett came in shape this year. Hopefully he'll be back to 2007 form!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

The off season is over which is always a great thing! Now let the fun start!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

I was very encouraged by Francona's comments about Lowell and Ortiz. He could have hedged on their health if he felt that was necessary. He was pretty clear. Last year's injuries should be a non issue going into this season. Positive feedback on the health of Becket, Saieto and Penny at least getting spring training started is a plus. Also, note how much folks comment on things like the Sox Shoulder Conditioning Program -- Penny sited that has a reason for choosing the BoSox, similar to Rocco's earlier comments about our medical team. This is a very complete, well run organization.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Anyone headed down this spring? It's going to be a long winter up there!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

[Quote]Anyone headed down this spring? It's going to be a long winter up there!![/Quote]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Nice to see Rocco & Youk meaning business and joking around , Rocco looks like he's been here for years and fits right in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Freddy you coming down this year??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Not heading down to Fort Myers Busch, but I will be in Fenway for that first Home Series April 6, 8, and 9. ST is nice but when the games begin all we see are scrubs and invitees and hardly ever any of the big guns on the Red Sox. I was at Ft. Myers in 2006 and 2007 and did have a good time there. It is a more relaxed atmosphere than Fenway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Is Manny going to show up on time this year?

Poor guy, still looking for a job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

I am aware of the stars not being available early in March especially with the WBC going on so I planned my ST at the end of March when the roster is trimmed down to 30 and I just got my 4 game pack for Fenway in July vs KC today!! I'm gettin the fever in February!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

just wondering....since the stress level has been eliminated in Boston when Manny was traded, is Tino going to grow his hair back??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

[Quote]Is Manny going to show up on time this year?

Poor guy, still looking for a job.[/Quote]

Funny you ask...I was up there yesterday just walking around, hitting the pro shop and there was not a "24" jersey anywhere to be found and there were lots of people up there...'cept for the pro shop cashier had on a St Pats alternate "24" jersey and I asked her, Dwight Evans right and gave me a wink and acknowledged like hell ya!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

I don't think I can remember him with hair to tell you the truth bugger...do you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

[Quote]Not heading down to Fort Myers Busch, but I will be in Fenway for that first Home Series April 6, 8, and 9. ST is nice but when the games begin all we see are scrubs and invitees and hardly ever any of the big guns on the Red Sox. I was at Ft. Myers in 2006 and 2007 and did have a good time there. It is a more relaxed atmosphere than Fenway.[/Quote]

nothing like opening day @ Fenway, how did you land those Fred?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from badscience. Show badscience's posts

I just signed up for my annual MLB.tv plan and am excited that they begin televising pre-season games soon. I'm eager to see the newcomers and a prospect or two in action. I start jonesing for Red Sox baseball the minute the WS ends (well Game 7 of the ALCS, anyway).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

[Quote]I just signed up for my annual MLB.tv plan and am excited that they begin televising pre-season games soon. I'm eager to see the newcomers and a prospect or two in action. I start jonesing for Red Sox baseball the minute the WS ends (well Game 7 of the ALCS, anyway).
    [/Quote

I wished DirecTV Extra Innings would show ST it would keep me from driving 20 minutes to the park!! Extra Innings begins right before the first pitch of opening day, that sucks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Bozo your on the east coast right?? Isn't the WBC having a round in Miami this year??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

As shocking as it sounds, I actually like the Lowrie/Lugo platoony thingy this year. I think Cora really stunk offensively and defensively last year, and that we'll have a far more valuable utility infielder this year. I think Lowrie deserves the majority of AB's, but he'll get some time at 3rd and could even play some 1st if needed. If Lugo could approach even 80% of who he was 3-4 yrs ago he could be a nice "addition" this season.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from longview1967. Show longview1967's posts

[Quote]As shocking as it sounds, I actually like the Lowrie/Lugo platoony thingy this year. I think Cora really stunk offensively and defensively last year, and that we'll have a far more valuable utility infielder this year. I think Lowrie deserves the majority of AB's, but he'll get some time at 3rd and could even play some 1st if needed. If Lugo could approach even 80% of who he was 3-4 yrs ago he could be a nice "addition" this season.[/Quote]

I thought Cora did a good job in both categories, especially offensively. I'm pretty sure he was hitting as well as he's hit, and they signed him as a backup guy. I notice the Mets signed him right away, and they're not too shabby an orgainzation. I'm also seeing a fairly substatial hole on the roster now where he used to be. Who's our backup utility infielder this year? If Lugo doesn't hit and/or field and Lowrie gets the job, methinks we may be missing Cora. (Oops, sorry, that's the "Not Feel Good" thread I guess.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]Anyone headed down this spring? It's going to be a long winter up there!![/Quote]

Retirement plans, my friend. I'm slowly getting closer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]I am aware of the stars not being available early in March especially with the WBC going on so I planned my ST at the end of March when the roster is trimmed down to 30 and I just got my 4 game pack for Fenway in July vs KC today!! I'm gettin the fever in February![/Quote]

I'm in NY, but I arranged for 3 NY/RS games. I managed to land some tix last year when Manny smote Moose. For all the MBM moments, there were times you couldn't do anything else but shake your head in amazement.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

[Quote]

Retirement plans, my friend. I'm slowly getting closer.[/Quote]

Hmmmm.....how can we speed things up for ya? Where ya headed when the day does finally come?