1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Spring Training Reasons To "Feel Good"...

Veritek in the house!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[Quote]Sorry to hear about the weather mik & 4by45 as I lived thru that mess for 22 years but came down here back in 86' right after the world series and never looked back and I love this time of year!

Al, I sure wish I knew about the Braves lottery for the Sox series...I've been wondering why these tickets have not been released yet but that wont stop me from going. Same goes for Tampa...no tickets available yet! What are they waiting for but I'll be there for the weekend series 4/30 - 5/2! Meet me @ Fergs outside the Trop and I'll buy ya a beer.

I'm heading up again on Saturday and I wish I could post pics from my iPhone to here because these guys are looking good.....at least the ones that are here.....anyone seen Tek?[/Quote]

Hey Busch, thanks for the invite but it looks like the two games in Aug. may be the earliest time I'm there, maybe the 3 games in Sept; but you never know !! Hopefully the Rays would have dropped out of it by then and Tickets will be easier to pick up !! LOL... I'm guessing the ride to Disney is about 45 minutes from the Trop, is that about right?? We have a Disney Time share and we're already heading down there like 4 times already this season, Disney "Seasonal Pass Holder" season that is. Anyway, Seen Pics of Tek and it seems that he is good shape and relatively happy top be there. Hopefully that will translate into better offensive numbers for him this season and throwing out the occasional baserunner won't be to bad either !! Smoltz looked very good running and I guess he impressed Tito so that sounds very good for the Sox. Hopefully the Tickets for the Braves will come through, no word yet from the Braves ticket people. They have two plans that guarentee Red Sox tickets that may be appealing. Go to MLB.COM then to the Braves Site then to the Purchase Ticket Menu. Hope that helps.

GO SOX 2009 !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[Quote]

Busch and Joe,

There will be NO new Fenway in our lifetimes (and I don't even need to know your ages) - Lucchino did an interview recently where he stated that the enhancements and changes they are making to Fenway now are being done to make the existing venue the home of the Red Sox for the foreseeable future.

Personally, I would love to see a new ballpark in Boston, with a retractable roof, that could have the same dimensions as the current park but with all the new features ballparks bring today, like comfortable seating!

I hope that my grandkids meet me in the afterlife someday and tell me how great the new ballpark is, if you know what I mean. BTW, I have no grandkids yet and none are currently being planned.[/Quote]

Assuming they actually wanted to stay inside Boston proper, the only place they could fit a modern stadium with connected parking is the waterfront south of Chinatown/Atlantic Ave. Not sure who owns that property, but it is the only spot with the square yardage needed to do it correctly anywhere in the city proper.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

[Quote][/Quote] Did I miss something here Dog? Where did the talk of a new Fenway come up?? There is one in the making for their spring home down here but I for one have no problem with the way Fenway is right now and nothing like it anywhere and eventually they will address the issue with the seats that face the outfield, you can bet on that.[/Quote]

Hey Busch, so I totally screwed up and mis-read what you said earlier...for some reason my lame brain read that you were questioning a new stadium replacing Fenway when the 'new stadium' you referenced was Yankee Stadium.

As Emily Latella (Gilda Radner on SNL-RIP) used to say:

NEVERMIND!![/Quote

]Damn...for a minute there I thought I had been out in the sun too long!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

[Quote]

Hey Busch, thanks for the invite but it looks like the two games in Aug. may be the earliest time I'm there, maybe the 3 games in Sept; but you never know !! Hopefully the Rays would have dropped out of it by then and Tickets will be easier to pick up !! LOL... I'm guessing the ride to Disney is about 45 minutes from the Trop, is that about right?? We have a Disney Time share and we're already heading down there like 4 times already this season, Disney "Seasonal Pass Holder" season that is. Anyway, Seen Pics of Tek and it seems that he is good shape and relatively happy top be there. Hopefully that will translate into better offensive numbers for him this season and throwing out the occasional baserunner won't be to bad either !! Smoltz looked very good running and I guess he impressed Tito so that sounds very good for the Sox. Hopefully the Tickets for the Braves will come through, no word yet from the Braves ticket people. They have two plans that guarentee Red Sox tickets that may be appealing. Go to MLB.COM then to the Braves Site then to the Purchase Ticket Menu. Hope that helps.

GO SOX 2009 !![/Quote

] Thanks for the heads up Al, I'm heading there now to see whats up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

To say this day is another great day to be a Sox Fan would be an understatement !! I'm glad that the only news coming out of ST is how Papi's wrist is doing great, he's in great shape, and is apparently on a mission to dispell all the stories having him being over the hill. Lowell is ontrack for opening day !! Smoltz will be ready to step in as needed. Pedroia comes in pumped and a little quicker. Ells spent the Off season with Pedroia at API, hopefully some of Peddy will rub off on him. The Globe has taken down, or at least moved them from the front page, the "Manny Moments" Like I suggested a couple of days ago. Last, but not least, the Sox players aren't wasting time and energy answering questions about another player on the team doing "PEDs", or attending apology orientated press confrences !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

Sections
Shortcuts