1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Spring Training Reasons To "Feel Good"...

[Quote]

I'm in NY, but I arranged for 3 NY/RS games. I managed to land some tix last year when Manny smote Moose. For all the MBM moments, there were times you couldn't do anything else but shake your head in amazement.[/Quote]

In the new stadium or Fenway?? I'm trying to get back to NYC and check out the new diggs and heard about a 25 cent exhibition game vs The Cubs and never heard anything else about it,you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Hello from sunny Ft Myers where more and more of our beloved are starting to trickle in with positive attitudes everwhere you turn...never realized Penney was such a big guy, Rocco signing again along with Oki & Paps and everyone getting pumped for a successful season!! Teakus I have to agree with your take @ SS to platoon the two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

jealous BushBound............rainy , cold and foggy up here. Thanks for the updates. Platoon at SS is good move and should bring some competition.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

The best part of spring training is the "spring" part. The ice dam on my gutters is now less than 4 feet tall, it must be getting closer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Well, I'm glad everything looks good so far. It was a beautiful day up here in Northern Florida and Got a message that I may have won a chance to buy some tickets for the games in Atlanta without having to buy the 9 game package !! LOL This year, for the first time, the Braves have put the Yankmes and Red Sox tickets in "Special Packages" or you could have registered to try and win a chance at buying only those tickets !! I will definately be making the trip to Tampa this season, if not for anything else, to see if their attendance picks up. Have a great time down there Busch and don't be fighting those little kids for autographs !! LOL

GO SOX 2009 !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[Quote]

I thought Cora did a good job in both categories, especially offensively. I'm pretty sure he was hitting as well as he's hit, and they signed him as a backup guy. I notice the Mets signed him right away, and they're not too shabby an orgainzation. I'm also seeing a fairly substatial hole on the roster now where he used to be. Who's our backup utility infielder this year? If Lugo doesn't hit and/or field and Lowrie gets the job, methinks we may be missing Cora. (Oops, sorry, that's the "Not Feel Good" thread I guess.)[/Quote]

I agree with you about Cora. He was great utility guy, could play about anywhere in the infield and was steady and reliable. If Lowrie ends up the starting SS, I don't picture Lugo as a flexible utility infielder. I think Lowrie would be better in that role. I know I'm going to miss Cora. Good players off the bench are rare nowadays

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Sorry to hear about the weather mik & 4by45 as I lived thru that mess for 22 years but came down here back in 86' right after the world series and never looked back and I love this time of year!

Al, I sure wish I knew about the Braves lottery for the Sox series...I've been wondering why these tickets have not been released yet but that wont stop me from going. Same goes for Tampa...no tickets available yet! What are they waiting for but I'll be there for the weekend series 4/30 - 5/2! Meet me @ Fergs outside the Trop and I'll buy ya a beer.

I'm heading up again on Saturday and I wish I could post pics from my iPhone to here because these guys are looking good.....at least the ones that are here.....anyone seen Tek?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

[Quote]Hey Busch, how come you aren't sniffing the tail of Law and Moon tonight like you are usually doing. Is this your night off from enabling the trolls?[/Quote]

chit gets old after a while of proving him wrong and you guys are doing a fine job and I'm not around much during the day anymore with ST getting into full swing down here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

...and if I'm not mistaken you once opened your yap at me about "enabling" them so now you ask where I've been?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

I like the platoon also. I came to respect Cora for his professionalism, but I think he's a stiff. Were greatly improved with Lowrie in his role and platooning with Lugo at short.
    Its spring!! OK, Im trying to feel good. No, its not spring. But I feel good. Mostly about this team, which I think is excellent. Much improved from last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]

Hmmmm.....how can we speed things up for ya? Where ya headed when the day does finally come?[/Quote]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]

Hmmmm.....how can we speed things up for ya? Where ya headed when the day does finally come?[/Quote]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]

I'd like to stay exactly where I am. I'm fond of walking to the neighborhood diner, pub, church, bakery, etc. YS is a short subway ride away.

But past that, I'm definitely taking some road trips. My goal is to become an unsufferable old coot like SouthBeachFred, travel to the RS away games, and annoy the locals. As a NYer, that's kind of second nature to us anyway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]

In the new stadium or Fenway?? I'm trying to get back to NYC and check out the new diggs and heard about a 25 cent exhibition game vs The Cubs and never heard anything else about it,you?[/Quote]

I haven't heard anything. I thought that the season ticket holders were to get first dibs on them, but haven't heard anything since.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]As shocking as it sounds, I actually like the Lowrie/Lugo platoony thingy this year. I think Cora really stunk offensively and defensively last year, and that we'll have a far more valuable utility infielder this year. I think Lowrie deserves the majority of AB's, but he'll get some time at 3rd and could even play some 1st if needed. If Lugo could approach even 80% of who he was 3-4 yrs ago he could be a nice "addition" this season.[/Quote]

I like it as well. I think Lowell will be fine this year, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him miss the first week, be broken in slowly, or maybe only play 5/6 per week to rest his hip, and let's face it, he ain't a kid, so Lowrie might have a fair amount of time at 3B.

OTOH, I really appreciated Cora. He was the definition of professionalism.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from grandycarol. Show grandycarol's posts

Just got out the Wally and his adirondack chair, Don and Jerry behind the desk bobbleheads, all the Sox tee shirts are clean and ready, MLB package re-ordered. I AM READY!! Looking forward to a great season. GO SOX!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[Quote]

I haven't heard anything. I thought that the season ticket holders were to get first dibs on them, but haven't heard anything since.[/Quote]

Busch and Joe,

There will be NO new Fenway in our lifetimes (and I don't even need to know your ages) - Lucchino did an interview recently where he stated that the enhancements and changes they are making to Fenway now are being done to make the existing venue the home of the Red Sox for the foreseeable future.

Personally, I would love to see a new ballpark in Boston, with a retractable roof, that could have the same dimensions as the current park but with all the new features ballparks bring today, like comfortable seating!

I hope that my grandkids meet me in the afterlife someday and tell me how great the new ballpark is, if you know what I mean. BTW, I have no grandkids yet and none are currently being planned.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What like 36 games vs TB and NYY, along with interleague vs NYM and Philly, that's a big chunk of the schedule that is tougher than other AL teams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

I hope to not see a new Fenway to be honest. I just love the old park, and I think the things they've done over recent years are enough to keep me happy

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[Quote]

I hope to not see a new Fenway to be honest. I just love the old park, and I think the things they've done over recent years are enough to keep me happy

[/Quote]

Problem with Fenway is that the seating and aisleways were designed for people 100 years ago. I've sat in narrow grandstand seats that look into the OF rather than toward the plate, and seats that are in front of aisleways and behind poles making for a not so pleasant game experience.

The concourses, even with the improvements, are still narrow. The newer parks have addressed those issues making the experience for a fan that much more enjoyable.

In order to address these, they would need a larger parcel of land than whats available to them today.

So with all that said, and since the Sox probably don't want have to deal with Boston politics to find an appropriate alternate site, we will have Fenway for years and years to come!

I'll keep going to games at Fenway nonetheless, but I realize what we are missing, for a fan convenience perspective, when I go to games at other more modern facilities like Philly (my favorite so far), Baltimore, and Toronto.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

[Quote][Quote]
    [/Quote]

Problem with Fenway is that the seating and aisleways were designed for people 100 years ago. I've sat in narrow grandstand seats that look into the OF rather than toward the plate, and seats that are in front of aisleways and behind poles making for a not so pleasant game experience.

The concourses, even with the improvements, are still narrow. The newer parks have addressed those issues making the experience for a fan that much more enjoyable.

In order to address these, they would need a larger parcel of land than whats available to them today.

So with all that said, and since the Sox probably don't want have to deal with Boston politics to find an appropriate alternate site, we will have Fenway for years and years to come!

I'll keep going to games at Fenway nonetheless, but I realize what we are missing, for a fan convenience perspective, when I go to games at other more modern facilities like Philly (my favorite so far), Baltimore, and Toronto.[/Quote]

Did I miss something here Dog? Where did the talk of a new Fenway come up?? There is one in the making for their spring home down here but I for one have no problem with the way Fenway is right now and nothing like it anywhere and eventually they will address the issue with the seats that face the outfield, you can bet on that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Camp tranquility.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from campp. Show campp's posts

this pitching staff has to be the best i`ve ever seen...and not only for the red sox...but the best i`ve seen in over 40 years of following MLB. AWESOME. good, very good job theo!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[/Quote] Did I miss something here Dog? Where did the talk of a new Fenway come up?? There is one in the making for their spring home down here but I for one have no problem with the way Fenway is right now and nothing like it anywhere and eventually they will address the issue with the seats that face the outfield, you can bet on that.[/Quote]

Hey Busch, so I totally screwed up and mis-read what you said earlier...for some reason my lame brain read that you were questioning a new stadium replacing Fenway when the 'new stadium' you referenced was Yankee Stadium.

As Emily Latella (Gilda Radner on SNL-RIP) used to say:

NEVERMIND!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Veritek in the house!!

Sections
Shortcuts