1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Spygate Once Again Exposed For The Fraud It Was

For all you idiot media minions and trolls who created the fictional NFL scandal "spygate" out of the violation of a previously unenforced minor NFL rule...can you explain to me why it is that so many Patriots' assistant coaches and front office people seem to be in such high demand?

Last year, the Patriots lost Tom Demitroff to the Atlanta Falcons. All he did was turn an NFL joke into a playoff team. This year, the Pats have lost their Director of Player Personnel, Scott Pioli to the KC Chiefs, their 32 year old OC Josh McDaniels is leaving to become the head coach in Denver, their DB coach Dom Capers will likely be leaving to become the DC of the NY Giants, and they're losing coach Seely, their special teams coach.

Furthermore, though their team was ravaged by injuries, the Pats still won 11 games.

It took the full brunt of the national media, a senile senator, and a commissioner with a NY/media bias to stop them from becoming the greatest team of all-time last season...and a ton of injuries, which barely derailed them this season. Yet, despite all this, they still managed to win 11 games.

Not too shabby, for a bunch of alleged cheaters??!!

LOL!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoonieMcKutchins. Show BoonieMcKutchins's posts

Dude its over... Let it go...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

From PTF.com
    Our belief is that ESPN timed the release of a story that direct implicit allegations of cheating against the Steelers to coincide with the team’s attempt to secure a berth in the Super Bowl.

hummm This should let more fans in on what scumb ESPN is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Texas... you are preaching to the choir. People who know football understand it was a media driven crucifixion. Let fans from other cities use it as their excuse.. let's get past it, please!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[Quote]Dude its over... Let it go...[/Quote] Seriously

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I agree about getting over the spygate issue, but one thing Patsfans should take from the whole spygate saga is that if you think the NFL is fair and unbiased, you wrong, dead wrong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangGator. Show MustangGator's posts

Funny how Pats Fans want to get this behind them, yet again and again keep bringing it up. It is like a person being suspected of a crime and continues to pleed their innocense instead of maintaining a low profile.

Besides, you lost me with that, lets get all the Pats coaches, because they know how to cheat and win, alledgedly. Because they don't cheat, so lets go after them. How does this prove it never happened?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

While I agree this is a dead horse and we need to move on, it still is an unjustified black mark against arguably one of the greatest organizations of all times.

The whole spygate thing was so typical of a real life instance. If you cannot compete with another individual why not try to tear them down to your level.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

SD --

It doesn't prove it never happened. It proves other teams in the league don't care. The media likes to point to Bill Belichcik and scream "je' acuse!", but when the wheat is separated from the chaff, all these coaches that are so highly sought after now were all part of the coaching hierarchy that supposedly 'cheated." So when generic fan A says my team sucks because it cheated, but is perfectly willing to accept one of my team's assistants as his new coach and everything is just okay peachy fine, that makes generic fan A an equally generic hypocrite . . . ditto the media. So if everyone is a hypocrite, then all the blather about "Spygate" means . . .

. . . wait for it . . .

nothing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

As far as I'm concerned "spygate" is old news. The "alleged" "cheating" went on in 06 and possibly prior. The 07 tape was confiscated. Since that time the Patriots have gone 29-6, the last 16 games with a backup QB! Evidently they did not need these tapes as much as the gossipmongers seem to have thought. The "haters" would have found something else to whine about (running up the score, etc.) had this inident not occurred. I'd rather focus on the future. I suppose the point Tex was trying to make was that the rest of the league didn't really put much stock into it in the first place. While I agree, I just think it's an old issue and needs no further discussion. Let the trolls cry "cheat" all they like. Their mere presence here only confirms their lack of intellect...and a life!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Who let Mark McGuire in here?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[Quote]Funny how Pats Fans want to get this behind them, yet again and again keep bringing it up. It is like a person being suspected of a crime and continues to pleed their innocense instead of maintaining a low profile.

Besides, you lost me with that, lets get all the Pats coaches, because they know how to cheat and win, alledgedly. Because they don't cheat, so lets go after them. How does this prove it never happened?
    [/Quote]

I think the point is that what's happening demonstrates everyone around the league knows that the Patriots dominance this decade has been driven by the system they have in place, including the coaching staff and front office, as distinct from any alleged advantage gained from watching stale sideline footage of other coaches waving in the air.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from papifan111. Show papifan111's posts

Let all the haters hate the pats will be back next year, and so will TB =) that just gives me chills...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tnpatfan. Show tnpatfan's posts

As I understand it the rule states that the recording of signals has to be used in the course of the game for it to be a violation.

With all the exodus of personal, who now have nothing to lose, not one witness has come forward to verify the use of any info during a game.

The Patriots have been harshly punished for a crime that has been unsubstantiated.

Produce a witness please!

If there is no conformation by a witness then the punishment must be commuted and the Pats should get there number 1 pick back, this year or next.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote] As I understand it the rule states that the recording of signals has to be used in the course of the game for it to be a violation.

With all the exodus of personal, who now have nothing to lose, not one witness has come forward to verify the use of any info during a game.

The Patriots have been harshly punished for a crime that has been unsubstantiated.

Produce a witness please!

If there is no conformation by a witness then the punishment must be commuted and the Pats should get there number 1 pick back, this year or next.

[/Quote]

Tnpatfan.... you'll never get any answer that can satisfy the "prove it" argument. Fans outside of NE have used the "filming coaches signals from an illegal location" violation, which provided no useful information for the team, as the reason why the Pats won games. It is there excuse to not acknowledge the success of the team. Save for VERY FEW Pats fans who do not seem to let it go, most of the continuing mentions of Spygate here are from trolls and other ilk who bring it up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The only thing I would mention regards CASSEL: we nearly won as many games with Cassel as Indy did with Manning. You can't say that about Jim Sorgi or Byron Leftwich. Spygate is over. It's dead. The fact that teams all over the league are clamouring to sign are coaches and management only add credence to the correct perception that the New England Patriots are the best run organization in the NFL.

One question I have though is : What is Michael Vick's status ? Ryan is the man in ATL. I know it's a little off-topic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tnpatfan. Show tnpatfan's posts

agscbill..... In my mind one of two things must happen for this to go away;

A witness comes forward and verifies same day recorded signals were used in the course of a game. I can accept that as a negative mark against Belichiks legacy and still remain a fan.

or

Goodell comes forward and admits no wrong doing has been substantiated and reinstates the Pats #1 draft pick liberating all Patriots fans, players, and staff. Sending all accusers and critics back to wondering how and why the Pats are so good.

Otherwise we will forever as fans exist between Haven and Hell.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

[Quote]I agree about getting over the spygate issue, but one thing Patsfans should take from the whole spygate saga is that if you think the NFL is fair and unbiased, you wrong, dead wrong.[/Quote]

The first example that comes to mind is Goodells non-disciplining of the Giants after trying to cover up a crime committed by one of their players. A Giant fan told me that since the Giants had "disciplined" Burress, this is after they got caught trying to cover it up, Goodell doesn't have to do anything. Well, does that mean if Mr. Kraft had taken the hoodie away from BB, for a few games, Goodell wouldn't have had to step in?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Germans?

lmao

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

TexasPat: I'm glad you once again connect the dots to reality for the nightmare "SpyGate" a created fraud.

I'm not over the Tomase/Herald crap on the eveof the Superbowl.Though I'm not making exuses for the teamin that close loss that derailedtheir perfect season.I certainly do thinkit was a major distraction. Watching the Cardinals beat the crap out of Philly right now in the desert.I can only shake my head.

There is no doubt the Pats were one of the most talented teams in NFL history last season;and this season their record should have had them in the play offs.

Yes the Pats staff coaching and otherwise has been pounced on by other teams.

It does speak for itself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangGator. Show MustangGator's posts

Belenus,

Couldn't agree more. I didn't really think much about it at the time it broke in the media. To be honest, I disliked the Pats before and after the alledged incident(s). Why, because they have been, to their credit, so good for so long. I think it is only human nature to want a consistent team to fail and lose, unless your a fan of that team. Why? Because they keep winning. If I was a Pats fan I would take it as a compliment that allot of fans outside Boston dislike the Pats. That means their doing something right.
    At the beginning of the Pats run of success, I kind of pulled for them because they were underdogs and were competing at levels they had rarely been to in the past. Now, enough is enough, LOL.

SD

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Thank you all for perpetuating the New England Patriot black cloud known affectionately throughout the country as SPYGATE! I haven't talked about this for months.

Yep the media kept it going because of Patriot employee who would not give up his goods until he was given full immunity. So who's fault is that?

At the risk of demonstrating what a fool you are Tex, there was only one creator of this issue and that is your favorite son Bill Belichick. Without his egregious "misinterpretation" he single handedly set off a fire storm of questioning about the validity of the superbowls his teams won.

There is no one (that would be NO ONE) to blame but himself and the Patriots brass for thinking A) that they could get away with it forever and B) that if they were caught they had a strong enough excuse not to warrant punishment and embarrassment.

The best part of all of this is that it occurred at the hands of one of his former lieutenants. Belichick thought had the right to control the progress of his assistants and when one left the flock against his wishes, he blacklisted him, treated him like dirt, and expected Mangini to cower in fear for his decision. Mangini gave Belichick his just dessert.

I understand that the patriot nation will live in denial and block or spin the reality of this situation, but facts are facts and no one bears responsibility for this embarrassment and the perpetuity of questions that come but your friend Billy.

This is better off stowed by pats fans in the deepest darkest scariest closet possible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Toilet Paper,

I think you missed the actual point. This year was in fact the year that taking coaches from the Pats made sense.

In 07, the team had more weapons than the US in the Middle East. this year, however, without Brady, the pats (who did not make the playoffs - LOL) actually played effectively.

But lets not put Dom Capers in the same breath as the rest of the cheating coaches. He wasn't with the team during its years of "misinterpretation".

As for the ST coach. I am sure 10 years without a promotion was enough for him to choose Mangini over Belichick. Talk about a slap in the face.

As for Pioli, we shall see. But he didn't coach and he didn't authorize illegal camera usage etc. At the end of the day, all were pawns of belichick who demands full cooperation (see Mangini) or be blacklisted. Once on their own, these individuals may succeed no thanks to Belichick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[Quote]
    Indy & Underdogg:

There is no "answer" to this issue nor will "redemption" be granted. The feelings generated prior to, during, and after the "event" have virtually guaranteed that.

Which is why I mentioned in my previous posting on this thread that we can eliminate - if not half - certainly a substantial amount of the discussion on this matter, if Pats' fans stopped bringing it up.

We cannot control how other people think or react; but we can, as individuals, control how we think about and react to an event or circumstance. That is the basis for my comments on this thread.

I think you know me well enough underdogg, to know that this is not "spin" but rather an opinion and the reasoning behind it.

Therefore, speaking for myself, I am moving on with regards to this matter and there are too many things going on or are about to happen in the world of sports to dwell on this. It happened....the team took its lumps... and if others want to bring it up...that is their concern....not mine.
    [/Quote]

B - as you know, this is an issue that has passed. But a pats fan should never broach this subject of their own accord. No purpose or arguement can be validated using this subject as its basis.