1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

hey patriot nation, just needed to vent a bit...my opinions here arent necessarily in direct response to todays revelations that matt walsh ultimately didnt provide anything groundbreaking & new,�or anything not previously known (suprise, suprise), this is just more of a general response to this whole ridiculously overblown scandal. why is it that, outside of new england this story has had the ability to to transform even most knowledgeable football fans into "spygate" witch hunters? it's not just the haters and trolls that grace our forums with their stupidity and simple-mindedness, but ordinary everyday football die-hards nationwide, many of which arent much different than all of us other than their team wears a different uniform. so many people are so quick to cast this whole "cheating" blanket over everything the pats have accomplished without giving much thought at all to the facts and details. say the word "patriots" to most football fans nowadays and the majority of the time your reply will be "cheater" or "cheatriots" or "belicheat" etc, insert your favorite witty pats/cheat slogan here.in my opinion its really quite�simple...the taping of signals couldnt have ever given the patriots ANY in-game advantage whatsoever, and any slight advantage gained in preparation for future games would have to be minimal at best, not much different really from all of the other types of game tapes and footage teams break down and examine in hopes of finding an occassional tendency. if this practice did provide any distinct advantage, then i guarantee you that it would be much more widespread throughout the league than is being reported, because as we all know is its a copycat league, therefore not much of an advantage after all. you mean to tell me coach belichick�just magically discovered the secret to winning multiple super bowls was videotaping signals, thats all anyone had to do all along? and he thought of that all by himself? wow what a genius! and he was the only coach doing it in a league with 31 other teams that have coaching staffs filled with men that devote their lives and work 80 hr weeks to finding any slight advantage they can over their opponents? or is it more likely that its a commonly (and quietly) used tactic by several coaching staffs, thus the need for leaguewide memos in the first place? i personally think many teams were doing similar things to varying degrees and the pats were the ones that got caught and became the poster child. i think the commissioner and league probably underestimated initially how major of a scandal this would ultimately become, and then went into damage control once the fan backlash set in. as soon as they started hearing words like "cheater" being thrown around they let the pats take the fall so�the public�could just pin the whole "cheating" issue on a single team as opposed to everyone questioning the integrity of the league as a whole. as stated above, there is just no possible way the taping could have ever had an impact on any of the games as they were being played. i would think it to be nearly impossible for the pats to, as seconds tick on the play clock, first view the signals and decipher not only which coach is giving the true call, but also develop the pattern of which signals indicate which play is going to be run. then get that information over to the offensive coordinator, who in turn still has to make the correct adjustment and then relay that information onto the field. if the pats coaching staff was consistently able to do all this within about 20 seconds or so, then instead of spending their days in foxboro they should be in the tribal areas of pakistan tracking down bin laden. so if it was irrelevent as an in-game tactic, at best it was used as a reference material for future games, just in case they could maybe go back and MAYBE find some kinda tendency next time around. and how useful do you honestly think that was considering teams constantly change signals, change gameplans and add/remove different wrinkles, and with coaching staff and player turnover on the other teams from year to year, etc. for example, in the long run how much would taping pittsburghs defensive signals in the afc championship one season help them the following season? when the next season pittsburgh more than likely had different sets of signals, some changes to their perssonal on the field, a entirely different gameplan, etc. now dont get me wrong, if it was completely useless well then the pats simply wouldnt have been doing it all. thats what the haters often say, and i agree with that to a much lesser degree. i guess the point i am trying to make is that any advantage you could occassionally gain would be absolutely minimal. the patriots broke a rule and were thrown under the bus and sanctioned heavily so the new tough guy commish could send a message to the league that this practice wont be tolerated on his watch. thats all it is, nothing more, nothing less. i am not excusing the pats coahing staff from any responsibilty, they did something they were not supposed to be doing and got caught, and paid a stiff penalty for it. and not just the draft pick and the fines, but all of the fallout and backlash that has come with it....all i know is this....no videotape that matt walsh or anyone ever made could kick the ball in a blizzard for adam vinatieri, or run back a pick for a TD in place of ty law, or catch 11 balls for 133 yds like deion branch (sorry�arlen specter), etc...the players made those plays, not a videotape of the previous games�sideline signals. and to me thats the real travesty here, not that the pats broke a rule, but that in breaking a rule and being singled out, america now can so easily dismiss the hard work and question the character and integrity of the players who still truly had to earn everything that they accomplished....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

nobody is whining troll, go crawl back under the rock you came out from under, nobody gave you the right to speak for how the rest of the country feels anyway....and i never said nobody did anything wrong, i simply pointed out how its assclowns like you that continue to blow�it outta proportion...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wd62627. Show wd62627's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

Hey Bertschz-ero,

I'm not whining about super bowl wins

I'm not whining about cheaters

I'm not whining to league officials about tape calling

I'm not calling for BB's resignation, or for Pats to lose superbowl rings, or draft picks, or fines not being levied high enough.

I'm not whining about "If your not cheating your not trying"

I'm not using tax payers money to research non-public matters

I'm not starting frivalous lawsuits

I'm part of the proudest organization in the NFL and have no problems with anything that has gone on in the past several years.

I AM whining about not wanting to hear any more whining from losers like yourself who feel cheated because your boys can't be as effective.

Take a hike clown, and keep whining about people whining about others whining, so I can whine somemore...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

i havent addressed your points because you havent made any, like most trolls you dont come here to have a discussion or halfway intelligent debate, you simply come here to rub our faces in it because you are tired of watching our team win instead of your own...i understand, when i was young i got sick of the cowboys, bulls, yankees, etc...you'll get over it when you grow up...

and we lack classiness? so a classy fan such as yourself shows his "class" by going into the forums of a team he doesent even like, leaving negative posts, for no other reason than to stir the pot and be a troublemaker? yeah, very classy indeed...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdf63. Show rdf63's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

I agree with your comments. What has made the Patriots consistently competitive is a lot more than just the tapes. They have done some outstanding drafting, signed and rejuvenated good players (ex. Moss, Seau...) and have worked hard at coaching. Now the story about Matt Walsh...Matt Walsh has created a complete circus out of what appears to be nothing. Besides�being fired from the Patriots because he was taping a conversation, he has provided the NFL with tapes he stole from the Patriots. Think about the previous sentence for a minute.... Do you think any fan of any team wouldn't be angry if they found a former employee tried to tape conversations while an employee of the team and also STEAL tapes from the team. Matt Walsh has turned over tapes he STOLE from the Patriots and to think he did it because it was the "right thing to do" is tough to believe and unrealistic. Matt Walsh could have contacted the NFL and provided the information while keeping his name and the tape issues out of the spotlightIn addition, do the "tapes" impact the weather, injuries or other uncontrollable factors in a game? Furthermore, do we know how accurate the so-called stealing of calls�actaully was? Don't Peyton Manning and other players, both on offense and defense, change calls at the time of scrimmage during a game.�Aren't calls changed quite often�which�would make the information from the tapes irrelevant. The coaches in the NFL consistently try to hide and change�signal calling quite often in fear of it being picked up by the other team. That has been part of the game for a long time and always will.�It is very unrealistic to think that the Patriots coaches were yelling, signalling, calling in�the other teams plays. If it were true this would be a great movie�but�it is very hard to believe that the tapes�gave the�Patriots a�distinct�advantage to win games. We also would have heard about this "Spygate" issue a lot earlier than 2008. NFL teams have so many different ways to hide, change and consistently alter�plays and formations during a game that �it will be hard if not impossible to prove the value of these tapes. �

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

"The classiness of Pats fans knows no bounds".Please proof your posts before hitting the "post" button . . . . the world is laughing at you!!� If I need to explain, let me know.� (I'm not attacking, I just feel bad for you).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

sox, when hate and jealousy come into play, you can throw logic right out the window. the haters will latch onto anything, however small, and run it into the ground. As a one time saying........if you cant lift yourself up, knock the other guy down to your level. the haters know thier team will never be as good, and thus will try to justify why thier teams blow. "Oh Im sure we couldnt have won without the taping" is thier battlecry, and will always be. this story will never go away......not ever.�the one thing all this has done is unite new england fans. I had a close personal friend travel to florida recently, and while ther he and his family (wife, three kids) had to catch a bus. well as usual he wears his pats stuff with pride. well the bus was kind of full, and he saw a couple seats in back. But when the person that sat there saw his pats stuff, he blocked it off saying "I wont share with cheaters" right in front of his kids. Can you imagine anything more pathetic and infuriating. So he asked what�team this "person" was a fan of and he said the jets..........need i say more. Anyway the story ends happily, as there were some pats fans in the bus (wer'e everywhere!) and they got up so that my buddy's wife could sit down with their kids. they even went out to dinner later as they hit if off.Pats fans unite

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

so, the news only broke this morning that matt walsh did not in fact really have anything much at all to offer in terms of new information, certainly no smoking gun, and already certain media outlets are scrounging for other potential sources for the herald story about the infamous rams super bowl walkthrough tape...implying there was possibly another disgruntled ex pats employee, etc...

simply ridiculous....

you know why there is no rams walkthrough tape? because it doesent exist and never happened. i would bet my last dollar that walsh was in fact the source of tomase's story, that he embellished the facts about the teams videotaping practices and his own significance in it all. he made bigger claims than what he actually had the proof to support, his mouth writing checks that his #### couldnt cash so to speak. and once all the media attention and legal wrangling began to take place, talk of confidentiality agreements and immunity deals, he probably backed off the initial big claims he made before it became a nationwide story, and he was just some schmuck looking to capitalize and get a little attention. and now that all the lawyers are involved, he just leaves tomase and the herald out to dry...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wd62627. Show wd62627's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

Hey sdmess,"The complete and udder denial amoung Pats fans is laughable."Im still confused as to what the denial is... can you clarify?� A statement like that should be plain as day to everyone in the room.� I appologize if im the only one here who doesnt get it.But im pretty sure im in the majority here on a boston board in not understanding what you� mean by COMPLATE AND UDDER DENIAL��

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

You are such a moron!� Again - the Walsh tapes are from 2000-02.� The Pats played SD in the playoffs in 06 and 07.� Do you really think a team uses the same signals year after year after year?� If you do, you're dumber than anyone here thought!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

I figured with the use of the word "udder" they are probably from the dairy state.� Wouldn't that be home of the Packers?� Like anyone cares!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

Make them all happy and agree that the Pats did cheat.� They still won because of�the talent they had on the field anyway!Cheating is an act of lying, deception, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others.[1] Cheating implies the breaking of rules.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

Exactly.� No team is saintly...especially the Colts!� I don't know about the Saints though!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

So salary cap violations, tampering or other teams illegally taping is not cheating?

Cheating is an act of lying, deception, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others.[1] Cheating implies the breaking of rules.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

is it cheating when a team releases a player, then a division rival brings�the player�in for an "interview" or temporarily signs said player and obtains details about signals & gameplans before the 2 teams play? that could potentially give much more of an advantage in certain cases than video of the signals somebody used in a past game..but there is no rule against that, so it would be viewed as a crafty move by most..even though in principle it's really not any more honorable, all of a sudden football fans accross the nation are now conveniently concerned with "integrity" or "right and wrong" until it becomes their team...gimme a break...my point yet again...yes the pats made mistakes, broke rules and were punished...but that doesent give anyone a moral high ground to call everything those players ever accomplished into question...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

That's the only good point you've made all day.� There is only one true sports nation and that is Red Sox Nation.� Any other references to Nation is a copy cat, and that goes for other teams outside of NE.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

I think that spygate was the unoriginal creation of some genius at ESPN but I might need to stand corrected on that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

No problem.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

I do get tired of other cities using "nation".� they are just copying Boston.� Yet they think nothing of ridiculing all Boston area teams.� I think that's hypocritical.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

From that standpoint, all those fans can just STICK IT!To me, "nation" is more synonymous with the Sox.� Kind of like "America's Team" obviously is synonymous with the Cowboys.� Yet, other teams/cities want to rip off those names.� I don't mind hearing Patriots Nation as much as I dislike hearing Raiders Nation or Packers Nation or whatever.� That s--t is totally bogus!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

spygate...my 2 cents

I thought that was Cell Block 39.� j/k

Sections
Shortcuts