1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

can anyone give me a reason y abington will make a strong run in d3 this year unlike years past. i know the ssl isnt that strong this year as in years past so im quite curious. ive yet to see abington play this year and have only seen harwich, carver, and hull play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

harwich got crushed at mashpee. no postseason for them. as for slimsmitty i have seen abington play and i think that nobody should take them lightly in the tourney in D3. they are a solid basketball team. Id personally like to see em run into wareham and see how they match up

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

[Quote]harwich got crushed at mashpee. no postseason for them. as for slimsmitty i have seen abington play and i think that nobody should take them lightly in the tourney in D3. they are a solid basketball team. Id personally like to see em run into wareham and see how they match up[/Quote]

it would be interesting to see. they are even at each of the positions even though wareham is much much deeper. i think wareham would run abington off the court but it would still be a close game. id take wareham by 7. that could change in my op once i see abington play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

[Quote]run abington off the court??... wareham by 7. thats running em off the court alright. yeah man i totally agree. great statement[/Quote]

im being modest on here b4 get chewed out. it could very well be 25-30

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 0013. Show 0013's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

abington over cohasset tonight by 20something. lapointe is by far the best defender in the league, shutdown jones and the rest of cohassets gaurds and must of had 10 steals. and tighe actually played well

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

[Quote]abington over cohasset tonight by 20something. lapointe is by far the best defender in the league, shutdown jones and the rest of cohassets gaurds and must of had 10 steals. and tighe actually played well[/Quote]

thats impressive! congrats to bingtown winning another ssl crown. hopefully they'll show up in the tourney this year unlike years past. they deserve to go far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

[Quote]well the season is just about over, my thoughts

abington well done, great season, coach of the year.
    with good coaching abington should always contend.

cohassett also a great year, coach of the year runner up, and mvp in martin
    big question mark for next year though.

hull never reached expectations of this year, but triant has been a solid player for the last few years, this team moves down next year.

e.bridge was a suprise this year, they played tough throughout, but only one standout player in #3 sorry the name eludes me, next year should be the same for them though, not a team to be taking lightly

harwich was the other suprise this year, bianco has always been there go to guy, but middway through other players stepped up and made a difference for this team, i don't know what happened toward the end. but from what i have seen, dump the coach and you got yourself a team that can do something

mashpee, gaurds where a bright spot for them this year, martini has really been a non factor other than rebounding this year, look for mashpee to struggle next year with no big man.

carver, loosing a lot of scorers this year, never liked this coach, and the little gaurd that looks like erckle is going to get swollowed up next year.
    team will be about the same next year

norwell, truley besides the record of abington, and the suprise of cohasset, you can only say good things about this team, and the coaching, to go from loosing all those players from last year and stepping up this year, good job.

good luck to all the ssl teams in the tourney. look forward to all star game this year should be a great team.[/Quote]

mashpee will be in danger next year as they will move up to division 3.
    carver makes the move down to division 4.
    carver's coach is the same coach who coached at the middle school level when i played basketball a few years back.
    i think norwell is out first round, cohasset and hull will advance deep.
    abington will win a game and fall in the second round if they face a strong team.
    any thoughts on the all star game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

[Quote]your right slim. mashpee would struggle next year in div 4 never mind div 3
    if carver does go down to div 4 then they might have a chance
    you said the carver coach was your coach well? how was he, i really don't want to sound like i am harping on the guy, but he always seems to act like someone stole his lunch money you know what i mean?
    is norwell div 3 or 4 that will be the diff. your also right about hull and coho in div 4 they should go farther than abington in div 3.

i am looking forward to the all star game i am hoping they put lapointe and bianco on the floor at the same time as the 1&2 with martin dunking the ally oop.[/Quote]

i didnt mean to say he was my coach. he was the carver middle school coach 5 years ago when i played for wareham. i think it was cause ricky was his son? not entierly sure, but he's a nut job. i got richie so pissed in the game it caused the coach to get tech'd out of the game and king fouled out. but thats middle school.

norwell is d3. again it all matters on the matchup. if they get someone, they can play with in their strenghts then they'll win a game. if not they will be done. and idk y carver is going d4. then usual hold their own enough in d3.
    and yes he does act like that sslfanatic. all the time. hahaha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

and if ppl on here who support abington and norwell could. come onto the d3 forum and put ur input in for the upcoming tourney. we need more talk rather then just what wareham will do. intellegent convo would be nice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

i have to disagree with slim. i beleive abington will get by the 2nd round. they beat evryone in this league by twenty nite in and nite out. and if u havent seen chambers and lapointe u better scout em cuz they can ball. And i dont like abington but teams would be foolish to think they cant advance

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

idk in years past abington has not. it all depends what they run into and who. whats abingtons weakness? is it big man? depth? that idk. i could see if abington plays coyle 2nd round, coyle could def beat abington. very quality teams 1-8 in this tourney. anyone think norwell will win?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

[Quote]i just want to know why everyone is hating on the carver coach?? and to get the facts staright the head coach is Richie Kings uncle who never coached at the middle school level. hes always been with the high school. hes actually a rly good coach who loves bball, but if you saw any of carvers games, you should know why he was pissed. granted carver didnt always play well, they did have a lot of bad refs and unfair calls. and as far as the fans taking after the coach, carver fans have been that way long before he took over head coach, but its just like every other town...abington, hull and norwell those fans and rents are just as bad...after losing the seniors they have, believe it or not they actually might play better next year, so dont rule them out of anything!![/Quote]

well then there is an exact look alike cause he left the middle school the year richie became a freshman. so idk. maybe im wrong. and u cant blame carvers losses mostly on bad refing. they lost most of their games by 10 or more points all year long. carver's a great basketball town and unfortuently everything fell apart after their loss to sandwich. i was almost positive they woud be a tp 5 team in d3.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jumpmanjordan252. Show jumpmanjordan252's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

[Quote]

well then there is an exact look alike cause he left the middle school the year richie became a freshman. so idk. maybe im wrong. and u cant blame carvers losses mostly on bad refing. they lost most of their games by 10 or more points all year long. carver's a great basketball town and unfortuently everything fell apart after their loss to sandwich. i was almost positive they woud be a tp 5 team in d3.[/Quote]

one of the assistant coaches dias did coach middle school when richie was in 8th

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Thanks for the confermation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Thanks for the conformation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hwichbb. Show hwichbb's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Was dissapointed to see Harwich out on Tuesday at Mashpee (1st road game of the season). They finish 10-11, and were close with Norweel and Cohosett at home, their coach did a good job overall esp. with Bianco's attitude issues. Has some good shooters returning, Robinson will be good and Center will be all league next year.
    Couple of thoughts:
    ABington is very good, is Chambers can hit they may Suprsie Wareham or Scituate. Will run the SSL next year
    Cohasset will make a deep run in D4, esp if they do not see a Cathadral in the second round-Martin is senond for POY. Run Bo, only Jones is left in 09-10
    Hull- What has happened? Pari and Xypertas must dominate or they may only win a round or two. Tough kids though. Anything comning back??
    Norwell- The tall athletic forward is the ket for them had a great game in Harwich- they might pull an upset in D3- will not go quietly. Will challenge AB for SSL title next year.
    EB- great effort, but so-so season, lose a lot of seniors and #3, a good player and PG. Not much returning
    Carver- lost a lot of close games according to this site, Gilmore was a good player and the big kid DIas? is strong next year
    Mashpee- put up 90 on Harwich, Green from whta I saw is the best soph in the league hands down- no real big guys- might win a game in D4- they have green and some big, athletic young kids next year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 0013. Show 0013's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

caver will be 3rd in the league next year..at best

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beno123. Show beno123's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Norwell has 4 of their 5 starters returning next season, I don't see any way Carver finishes better than third.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlipperySam. Show SlipperySam's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

This is now one of the longest-running threads in the history of this forum. I first noticed it a couple of weeks ago, and it already contained about 400 posts.

Apparently, it's all about Massachusetts high school basketball. I don't recognize the names of any of the usual Celtics posters (although I haven't scrutinized all 400+).

I'm not commenting at all on the thread. I haven't followed high school ball much since I graduated from H.S. (LONG ago) and the Tech Tourney (of LONG AGO) ceased to exist. I haven't had kids of high school age for many years. I'm more curious than anything.

Did you guys used to exchange posts elsewhere? What suddenly prompted so many people who hadn't posted on this board to begin talking about high school basketball here? How did so many newcomers to this board gravitate here in such a short span of time?

I personally think it's great that you support a generation of basketball that will produce the pros of tomorrow. Also that you maintain a civil tone to the exchanges—the way a message board should be. It's just that this thread is such an anomoly on this board that I had to ask.

Good luck with your high school basketball allegiance and your continuing comments on this board. And I hope you'll feel free to comment on the Celtics should you be interested.

SlipperySam

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlipperySam. Show SlipperySam's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlipperySam. Show SlipperySam's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

DUB,

SlipperySam HAS a life, thank you. Nearly 72 years of it. Fifty of them raising a family. Forty of them (right up to the present time) running my own company. A lot of participation in baseball, softball, football, basketball, golf and tennis (not a good skater). Have written some books. A lot of travel. A pretty diversified life, thank you. How about you?

The Boston Celtics have represented a very important part of my life, including a period of extensive personal involvement with several players during the Russell years. So I happen to post a lot about the Celtics. An average of about 8 posts a day doesn't exactly preclude "having a life."

I entered this thread solely out of curiosity because I've never seen the names of the posters elsewhere on the message board. Unfortunately, your post did not satisfy any of that curiosity. Maybe you or someone could elaborate.

Best regards,

SlipperySam

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Bianco has major attitude issues on the court man. plain and simple

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Worst gym EB complete dump. nice horizontal hardwood

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

are htose rankings for this year or what u predict next year?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

I am a big harwich fan. it was a dissappointment like u said that they didnt get in this year because they would have competed well with any team in that d4 south tournament. however as much as bianco is a good player cuz hes a great shooter, he lacks the right attitude on the court. I could give u plenty of examples but i wont. Its ashame cuz down the stretch I noticed it affected the team badly. U goota pick up ur teammates not crap on em all the time when mistakes r made. Anyway if their juniors continue to improve in the offseason they have a chance to be a decent team next season. Coaching u ask? Glen Rose was a legend and wont b replaced. For me harwich should b in D4 tourney evry year, so yeah im upset. Good stuff though guys

Sections
Shortcuts