1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hwichbb. Show hwichbb's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Having seen most of the SSL teams in Harwich, the league is very good overall and competitive. Guys like slimshaddy are idiots and blow Wareham and Carvers of the world.. The SSL is a D3-4 league and overall much better than Warehams SSC: Case, D-R, Bourne, GNBV, all not good, in a D3 league.
    Abington is strong: 8-9 solid guy, disciplined and big, Chambers and Kurowski are key, if they score they are tough, very quick
    Hull: Xpertas is a man, and if Pari is healrty they are tough, guards are OK at best
    Norwell: Harwich was close to them and could have won, they are big but not great shooters other than the #2 guard, they will get in the tournment and be tough, plays good D
    Carver: Very athletic and straky, some players with attitudes, but they can score
    Mashpee: two good guards, play very fast and hard, not great shooters and no big guys, how did they beat Norwell and Hull?
    EB: One good big guy and 2 good guards, no idea how they beat Hull or Carver
    Cohasset: Martin would be the MVP if not for Xpertas, guards can shoot and the forwards are athletic and run the flor- good team
    Harwich: getting better every week, Bianco can score on anyone and the other guards shoot OK, Henderson is coming on and rebounds the ball well, may have a chance at the tournment if they pull off an upset.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

[Quote]Having seen most of the SSL teams in Harwich, the league is very good overall and competitive. Guys like slimshaddy are idiots and blow Wareham and Carvers of the world.. The SSL is a D3-4 league and overall much better than Warehams SSC: Case, D-R, Bourne, GNBV, all not good, in a D3 league.
    Abington is strong: 8-9 solid guy, disciplined and big, Chambers and Kurowski are key, if they score they are tough, very quick
    Hull: Xpertas is a man, and if Pari is healrty they are tough, guards are OK at best
    Norwell: Harwich was close to them and could have won, they are big but not great shooters other than the #2 guard, they will get in the tournment and be tough, plays good D
    Carver: Very athletic and straky, some players with attitudes, but they can score
    Mashpee: two good guards, play very fast and hard, not great shooters and no big guys, how did they beat Norwell and Hull?
    EB: One good big guy and 2 good guards, no idea how they beat Hull or Carver
    Cohasset: Martin would be the MVP if not for Xpertas, guards can shoot and the forwards are athletic and run the flor- good team
    Harwich: getting better every week, Bianco can score on anyone and the other guards shoot OK, Henderson is coming on and rebounds the ball well, may have a chance at the tournment if they pull off an upset.
    [/Quote]

yeah cause im totaly on here saying the ssl sucks and the scc rules. the ssl as an overall league is better then the scc cause the scc is a d3 league.
    abington is the only team in the tourney that will do anything in d3 and thats if and only if they dont put their heads up their asses once again as in years past. cohasset and hull will be 2 favorites in d4 but i see if they run into westport or avon thier run could come to an end as well. i blow carver out of this world because if and only if they played as a TEAM they could beat most team in the ssl and could make a run in d3. i still dont see anyone who even tried to play a competitive out of conference schedule like other teams in d4 such as westport and d3 as in wareham or dedham. its like anyone else that makes the tourney in the scc or ssl, will they be battle tested with tough games? idk tough question.

and harwichbb ur team is getting better by the week. when i saw u play carver at thier place, that was a horrid display of basketball. it would be nice to se u guys make the tourney at try to win a game or so.

we'll see how the ssl does in the tourney soon enough. should be an interesting month of basketball left to be played.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

big week for harwich. they need an upset

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

ssl fanatic u dont know much about harwich bb then cuz theres plenty to know that u obviously dont. #13 wasnt even supposed to play in that game cuz he had an ankle sprain from the nite before. secondly the kid has been on the team since he was a freshman and thirdly if u know basketball and the kind of offenses that they run point guards dont need to score 20 or 30 a game dude. they r supposed to dish to their tems scorer aka bianco or henderson. i got plenty of stats if u want numbers man

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

plus u seem somewhat intelligent so ur qoute that claims "u lose a starting position because someone is better its just that simple" That couldnt be FURTHER from the truth at the high school level man. theres so much that happens to these kids behind the scenes that u probly dont know cuz i dont. Anyhow they play cohasset tues and hull fri both at home. they will need to win one of those games to probly make tournament and the way theyve been bashed earlier in the year at least like u said they have a chance now. when someone gets a score on the NORWELL/HULL game tonite please post it. gl to all teams rest of the way.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

No worries dude im just a big harwich fan and have been for years and im just callin it like i see it thats all, i respect your opinion its all good fanatic. Plus u have been to 3 harwich games all on the road but they have played 14 so u havent seen much of em. i come from a time when we played on the garden floor 2 years in a row back in the 90's so its tough for me to see the program struggle like it has. I dont know any of the kids on the team this year but i believe 13 is their best passer easily from what i can tell, its just an opinion

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Norwell vs HUll tonite. who will win????? Fanatic lol about carver and their coach. u hit the nail on the head lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

coo let me know. games tom are east bridgewater@carver and cohasset @ harwich and i believe abington is @ mashpee wed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

what was up with triant tonite or did hulls guards play poor

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Great game tonite in Harwich. Harwich led by 2 with less than a minute to go but it was the dan martin show tonite. Cohasset 67 Harwich 63. it was a 2 point game really just 2 foul shots in end. Harwich missed a jumper to tie it with 6 sec left. Martin had 30 i believe and had a pretty nice dunk as well. Great game all around, almost the upset harwich needed. #3 pg on coho was impressive

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 0013. Show 0013's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

harwich played well tonight against cohasset but couldnt pull out the win. martin had 30 points and seemed to not miss a free throw. big game friday with norwell at cohasset

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Alright all u knowledge people out ther. Predictions for friday????

Abington@Carver

Norwell@Cohasset

Mashpee@ East Bridgewater

Hull@Harwich

cmon all u regulars what does evryone think.Big games for all these teams

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

carver needs to win if they have any shot at making tourney
    this is the upset harwich is looking for
    a win for norwell may make them credible to win a game in d3
    mashpee needs the win to fluff their ranking in d4

my predictions:
    carver will stay will abington through 2 and a half or 3 quarters then will run out of gas
    harwich will pull of the upset with a buzzer beater by dj robinson
    norwell will play cohasset to the wire but lose cause of foul trouble
    mashpee will take care of eb in eb.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 0013. Show 0013's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

allstars-

lapointe, chambers
    triant
    martin
    farmer
    regan, wooten
    gilmore, dias
    bianco
    pierce

abington over carver by 20
    cohasset over norwell by 7
    mashpee over eb by 10
    hull over harwich by 3

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

abington better not get cocky because of the way they have been playing because if they run into a dedham or foxboro who is playing well as well, they will be gone as soon as they get in. i think cohasset will go in d4 and will make it to the semi-finals of south and lose to westport or cathedral or even avon. 1 of the 3. norwell all depends on their match-up and who they get. if they draw someone like stang, they could easily get a win but if they get say a gnb voc tech with a hot billy dias, they could be in for a long night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Abington is good but r they tourney tested like a wareham, medfield or dedham? I don't think so. I haven't seen abington play yet but know they r very good. I just don't know if they run into a team who's been through a hell schedule. Anyones got opinions on the tourney for ssl teams?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

im thinkin anyone who makes the tourney from this league which goes to d4 can make a solid run.i would agree cohasset possibly being a team that could go deep., Cethedral is always gonna stand in the way of whoever wants the south.avon is ok this year and i dont know much about westport but the mayflower league teams dont look to scary come tourney time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

as far as d4 goes i think any team from ssl who qualifies can make some noise. cohasset probly looks like a team that could make deep run but Cathedral is always gonna stand in someones way if they want the south title. i think hull will get in still even though they have been poor of late. mashpee and harwich still have to win ball games to get a chance. I dont know much about westport this year and avon is very beatable. then there is always dover-sherborn and millis from tri valley and the mayflower league teams which never really do much. id say maybe coho and cathedral are my picks rite now unless westport for real. what do u guys think????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

[Quote]as far as d4 goes i think any team from ssl who qualifies can make some noise. cohasset probly looks like a team that could make deep run but Cathedral is always gonna stand in someones way if they want the south title. i think hull will get in still even though they have been poor of late. mashpee and harwich still have to win ball games to get a chance. I dont know much about westport this year and avon is very beatable. then there is always dover-sherborn and millis from tri valley and the mayflower league teams which never really do much. id say maybe coho and cathedral are my picks rite now unless westport for real. what do u guys think????[/Quote]

it all depends on cohasset runs into. westport is the only team from the mayflower that will do anything. they play a brutal non-conference schedule thats better then any ssl team out there this year. year in year out they are there. avon is a team ya never know what ur gonna get. they could beat heart by 7 or they could beat them by 40. all these teams including mashpee cohasset and harwich should win games in the tourney provided the latter 2 make it. and idk about abington going far. if they get that 5 seed which is possible with how all the teams are with 0 losses or 1 loss they could be on the road the second game of the tourney. would not want to have to go into scituate, medfield, or wareham for a second round game caue it may be an automatic loss with their home court advantages.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

anyone know westports record? cathedral is 10-2

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

westport is 9-2 10-2or 11-2 with their only losses to dartmouh and coyle cassidy. im not sure the exact number of wins.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaypills. Show jaypills's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Harwich 71 Hull 65. yeh. triant had huge game but not enuff tonite. harwich continues to play solid ball. nice win

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

abington 68 carver 50 according to this website

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 0013. Show 0013's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

cohasset over norwell tonight in cohasset. charles had a big game coming up with tons of steals including yet another one at the end of the game to seal it. darnell played well for norwell but it wasnt enough. cohasset came back again tonight in the 4th quarter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

eb over mashpee 61-48. nice win by harwich was at game. the other 2 games went as expected even though i think somebody thoght norwell would win. things must be tightening up in the league from 3rd to last cuz i think abington and cohasset are 1,2 with good records

Sections
Shortcuts