1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fendrguitplayr. Show fendrguitplayr's posts

Steelers at Pats thoughts/talk/etc.

The Patriots are suffering from attrition and the pressure of their streak. It's perfectly natural. Even if they do win out it's not likely they'll throw up more blowouts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fendrguitplayr. Show fendrguitplayr's posts

I agree that it won't be a blowout. I do think that the last 3 night games have taken a toll on the players and the coaches. Too many dropped passes last night. Now that they go back on a "regular" schedule, maybe they can rest up a bit and tweak their problem/weak areas ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Not to worry this week. Rest assured that the Steelers are one of the teams the Pats have singled out for having some of the biggest mouths this side of spy gate. It's pay up time for Hines Ward and Co.!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mardak. Show mardak's posts

Hey NY_Pats_Fan; man you make perfect sense. Our receivers are getting mauled. Randy almost had his head ripped off a couple of times and Walker was held the whole game, but with no calls going our way. But the most important thing you bring up is this team's fatigue.

THESE GUYS ARE TIRED! They have had night games three weeks in a row and now they are on a short week to prep against Pittsburg who have had a couple of cupcake wins against the Dolphins and Bengals.

They went to bed at 4am last night. Just think what you feel like at work the next day after watching the late game and then having to stay awake and function. You are dragging the whole day. Now imagine three weeks of late nights that throw off your whole schedule and you don't really have a chance to recoop. That's where our Pats are at right now.

They don't seem to have been able to match the other team's intensity the past couple of weeks. I don't blame them, but if it happens again, they could easily lose this weekend.

Long term, I think they'll be fine, but this perfect season thing is a curse.

People who still expect blow-outs as a matter of routine are just not paying attention. People who make statements like "didn't deserve to win," are just not paying attention. There are no style points in the NFL. EVERY team can beat up on you and every game is a physical challenge and it is a war of attrition.

The only thing I found encouraging in the team's search to get its intensity back is the fact that everyone was reall angry. Brady was the most pissed off I've ever seen him in his post game thing. Moss was furious, Vrabel was screaming at Referees; these guys were/are pissed.

If they can hold on to that, may be that can carry them through this short week, but I'm not even looking for a win this week. If they win, that's great, but it wouldn't surprise me if they finally lost this week.

Again, long-term, we're winning the Super Bowl. Short term, I don't know if this unbeaten thing is going to last much longer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chowdakid. Show chowdakid's posts

I see them really struggling vs the steelers, especially if they play like they have been the past couple weeks.... That lack of a running game is really starting to haunt them........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Westcoastman, I too have echod your sentiments, but more as a precautionary point of view. I will agree that unless the Pats get their act together it will be a short season. In all fairness teams that are left on the schedule are looking to have something to bragg about knocking off the Pats to them will legitimate their season. One good omen is they played 60 minutes, much like the 49s did.

I don't care that they go 16/0 actually I would prefer that they win the SB if that means losing a game or two so be it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

And contrary to some misguided beliefs, the Pats do not have the refs in their back pocket, like the Polian Colts do. The IndianaPOLIAN Colts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mardak. Show mardak's posts

Amen!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_439198. Show user_439198's posts

What troubles me most is BB called in on the post game show where he said that he has a very tired team after 3 late night game in a row.

this worries me the most.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Since when did the Cowboys get a dome? The field is not protected. When their new stadium opens in '09, they will have a sliding roof. Cowboys have a good running game. Marion Barber is a beast. I don't understand your Cowboy comment man.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Nope, two more years for the sliding roof. Playing in cold is something the Cowboys are used to anyway. They always play at NY, Philly and Washington and not always early in the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

I hope the Pats are underdogs. They already have a lot of bulletin board material from big mouth Hines Ward anyway. Look for the beat downs by the Pats to return!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

It can actually snow here any time during the winter (or even before). Remember the Thanksgiving Day game in 93? Oh well, you know everything because you lived in San Antonio for two YEARS!!! Also, ice storms are not a rare occurrence in the winter.

And they don't play on astroturf. I believe it is called field turf, same stuff the Pats play on now!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Texas stadium is about 3/4 enclosed...come on - don't make like it's really an "outdoor" stadium" - please....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Have you ever been there? The entire playing surface is exposed to the elements except wind. Obviously the league considers it an outdoor stadium which is why Dallas has never hosted a super bowl, which will change with the new stadium.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

You get a grip. And I didn't vote for that moron anyway.

It's only outdoors where there is no roof, like outside the stadium.

what are you freaking talking about?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from richdeno. Show richdeno's posts

I keep hearing how our defense is old and slow. Maybe they are, but just maybe they did infact overlook the Eagles and the Ravens. Afterall, they are sub 500 teams. I know BB preaches the one game at a time mantra and the players seem to back that up in interviews. But human nature prevails sometimes and a let down by the players isn't really a stretch is it ? The Pats defense is older but they are also experienced and know what they have to do to get the job done which was proved in the last 2 weeks. I'll admit these 2 weeks have been scary at times and it's pretty easy to start asking whats wrong with this team especially after the first 9 weeks of a record setting pace. Also, I agree that those two teams came with everything they had, mentally and physically, they brought the game of their lives to us but somehow we got the win. Look at Feeley this past week did he sustain his intensity and put up the numbers like last week ? no he did not. Seattle isn't undefeated the urgency wasn't as great. last week for the Eagles was the biggest game of their season. No team want's another team to go undefeated that alone would spark the rest of the NFL teams to win at all costs. When the Colts were 13-0 I prayed someone some how would put them down.

As for the Steelers, we bring our a game. This game has been on the books for awhile just like the Colts always are. The players will be ready, there will be no let down and they will shore up most of the weak areas that have been exposed recently. I fully expect this to be a dominating performance by our beloved Pats.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

I do not care if they win by 1 point or 30 points as long as they win.

The Pats are favored by 13.

This will be a a very physical game and it will be decided in the trenches.

The Patriots have struggled defensively the past two weeks. Philly passed over the middle at will and The Ravens ran the ball up the middle at will.

But that was still not enough to beat the Pats. It seems sooner or later the opposition turns the ball over.

Every game left will be tough even against the lesser opponents.

Every teams is motivated to knock NE off.

I am a little nervous about the way our linebackers are playing and also our pass protection especially on the ends is opening up lanes to hit Brady.

But we are at home and that has to count for something. The Ravens are a good defensive team but Pittsburg is better. The Steelers will run the ball and try to control the closk. If NE can get out early and score a couple of times it will force the Steelers to abandon their running game

My prediction New England 27 Pittsburg 17. If we stop them on the ground we will win the game.

dboss

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

yeah, like the Patriots-Steelers game in Jan 2006 wasn't "rigged"!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wayyyyyyyyyyyyyback. Show wayyyyyyyyyyyyyback's posts

Pats are going to DESTROY Pittsburgh. DESTROY.

Brady is going to throw 4 TD's.

Final Score - Pats 38 Pitt 17.

Are we going to have to listen to these low-life trolls every week??? It's tough being the best...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wayyyyyyyyyyyyyback. Show wayyyyyyyyyyyyyback's posts

Their (Steelers) corners are weak if the pressure doesn't get there. Time for the O-Line to get back into form and show who owns the line of scrimmage. I think I'm the only one who doesn't see this as a tough game.

As funny as this sounds, I think the Dolphins will prove to be the toughest challenge left...13-0 vs. 0-13...we'll see.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gianfran. Show gianfran's posts

While what you say has some truth, other teams are also getting tired and banged up this far into the season. What I think is really the problem is that the Pats have become complacent/lethargic because of their success. It's hard to get psyched when you've already clinched the division, are likely to get home-field advantage, and are up against teams that are heavy underdogs and have demonstrated poor play in prior games. The Pats WILL be psyched against the Steelers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jstusv. Show jstusv's posts

why is everyone talking rain for sunday's game? i looked on weather.com and they are reporting 35 degrees with a 20% chance of precip.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapadan. Show dapadan's posts

It's not going to be close. The Pats are going to score in the 40's. There's no way the Steelers will shut down the passing game.

Sections
Shortcuts