1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brkh. Show brkh's posts

Steelers at Pats thoughts/talk/etc.

One question: countless Pats fans keep bringing up the Steelers loss to the Jets....if the Jets are such a lowly team, then why did Belichick feel the need to cheat when playing them? And don't tell me the "cheating" is old news, so is the Jets win over the Steelers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brkh. Show brkh's posts

bubthedumbass,

Ah yes, precisely the moronic answer I was looking for. Thank you for not disappointing me. I would have expected no less.

And you're right, yours was a stupid question!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steeltime. Show steeltime's posts

honestly....you can throw the stats out the window for this one..don't you think? records against quality opponents...etc..etc....i don't think the steelers will be thinking about arizona..or the jets...or denver. and i don't think the patriots will be thinking...well, we beat indy and dallas...so, we have to win this one. should the steelers have beaten the jets? no doubt...and they would have if the jets were saying....ahhh, we have no shot at this one...but, they didn't. i expect it to be football in december. hard hitting...full out until the whistle blows.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The Dolphins had to play on the same field, so, if the Steelers are that much better than the Fins, wouldn't they have beaten them by more than just THREE points on a FG LATE in the 4th quarter regardless of field conditions?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Bub,

The common theme among the Steeler fans' post is that they are looking at how the Pats have played their last two games as their basis for picking their Steelers to win. They WANT to use the past and use this as their rationale. They do completely ignore the Steelers woeful record ON THE ROAD against powerhouses Arizona, Denver and the Jets. They feel because the Pats had BAD games against the Eagles and Ravens, it will continue against the Steelers. What they do not acknowledge is if BOTH teams bring their A game to the table, the Steelers are toast. I haven't seen a Steelers fan claim they can beat the Pats when the Pats are playing their best. Their hope lies in the continuation of the Pats play these last two weeks and their Steelers will not be the road team they have shown against the aforementioned powerhouses. If we follow the logic of Steelers fans, their is NO need to play this game, Steelers win!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Also, many are commenting on the fact to play at the level the Pats have played for 16 consecutive weeks, not counting playoffs, is unrealistic. Like Pats fans, they, too, were spoiled by these blowout victories. They were happening so regularly and with such ease, they thought there couldn't be a let down. As the Pats go deeper into this season, and the longer this undefeated string goes, their opponents will be bringing it to the house in a way they may not do so if the Pats were 10-2 or even 11-1. As I've said in prior posts, fans of Philly and Baltimore are wondering where their teams had been for the past 113 weeks. All the media talk of crowning the Pats has not only invigorated these teams, but has fueled the passions of fans of other teams in the NFL to dislike the Pats even more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gianfran. Show gianfran's posts

"well this steeler fan will say it. if the steelers and patriots both play their "A" game the steelers will win."

Yeah, you did it, you SAID it. What else can you SAY = DO?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from irvonator. Show irvonator's posts

Pittsburg has not played any top teams !!!! Rottenburger will lose this game all by himself , 2 pic's at least

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from irvonator. Show irvonator's posts

GOOD POST crew 1954 I'am tellen ya Rottenburger 2 Pic's

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Ok, so what IS the Steelers "A" game that can beat the Pats "A" game? The Pats can claim on the road defeats of TWO undefeated teams in their home stadiums, Dallas and Indianapolis. In BOTH games the Pats fell behind in the 3rd quarter and in the Colts game fell behind by 10 points with just under 10 minutes to go in that game. Do the Steelers have claim to such on the road victories in which they had to claw back to win? Did their "A" game become the talk of the media? The Pats have played, for them, horribly these last two games and still pulled out wins. If the Steelers play horribly, can they pull out wins?

Let's say all four phases are clicking for these two team, both O's and both D's, which is unlikely, what can happen? Which O will be more successful and score more points and which D will have a more difficult time stopping an offense firing on all cylinders? The Pats have that offense in which 20 different players have scored TDs How many weapons do the Steelers have that present coverage problems? The Pats have a defense that shut down darn good offenses in Dallas and Indianapolis when it counted. Is the Steelers offense in that league? Remember what was said when the Pats had their games against Washington and Buffalo, when the Bills were hot and had won 4 straight giving up only 48 points in those 4 wins. The blowouts were surprising. The Ravens D is #2 to Steelers, right, so the Pats put 27 up on them in a game in which Brady was sacked 3 times and the receivers dropped many passes, of which two were TDs.

We can go back and forth forever on this. You are a Steelers fan who is very set on the fact you feel they will win, justifiably so, being a good fan. I feel the same way about the Pats. Objectively, there are more things going in the Pats favor, if both teams play well, that spells a Pats win. The Steelers need to have the Pats not play too well ( yet this happened and they still won )and them to play well. It will be a good game. at least we think it will, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1427960. Show user_1427960's posts

"The Pittsburgh Steelers were founded by Arthur J. Rooney on July 8, 1933. Now the seventh-oldest franchise in the NFL, the Pittsburgh team was known as the Pirates until 1940. The Steelers struggled for their first 40 years without winning a championship of any kind until they won the AFC Central division title in 1972."

What did the Steelers do before the 1972?? With respect to NFL history, the Steelers have championed both mediocrity and greatness. Referencing the above quote, it looks like more mediocrity than greatness. Anyone can look historical facts up, but no one really cares about the past. We all want our teams to win today. We value this year's Superbowl more than any Superbowl won in the past. I can't wait until 4:15. I hope and believe that the PATS will put on a show today! PATS 47 STEELERS 17.

I need a new Superbowl hat. The three I have from are starting to get old! GO PATS!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

On D: Pats' DBs will also have to stay in coverage a bit longer, since Ben R is tough to tackle. Even Deen Pees said the past couple weeks they got lax thinking there would be a sack. Think of the big plays that have gone against the Pats--many were only made possible because the QB escaped what would have/should have been a sack: Losman's bomb, Boller's escape last week.

On O:I think we're going to see one trick play from the Pats today--flea flicker! They may also try the screen to Watson that didn't work against BALT.

One Steeler streak that will end today: no pass over 40 yards. Stallworth is the one who does it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fendrguitplayr. Show fendrguitplayr's posts

I hope the receivers can hold onto the passes better in today's game than they did last week.

Go Pats !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedecider. Show thedecider's posts

I've read that Santonio Holmes has a bad ankle and he hasn't played in 3 weeks, but he wasn't on the Steelers injury report this week.

Polamalu has always played well aginst the Pats, and he's hurt, so not having Holmes would be another tough loss for Pittsburgh.

Any ideas on what kind of shape he's in?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedecider. Show thedecider's posts

If Polamalu can't play at all, and Holmes can't play effectively, the Pats cover easily.

IMHO, the Steelers can't beat the Pats today with two of their best players MIA. Holmes can't easily be replaced, and the drop off after Ward is too steep.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gloucesterman. Show gloucesterman's posts

Lookin a lot like last couple of weeks...

Poor passing, and no defense...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Steelers4ever, thanks for the response. A very good article. Thanks for the lead.

Just finished watching the game. I thought the Steelers played an excellent first half. Big Ben has improved a lot and we may see you guys back in Foxborough later this year. Good luck the remainder of the season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

Define blowout . . . 21 points or more sounds about right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

gloucesterman, I thought the Steelers played an excellent first half. They only know one way to play and that is pressure and when that fails they have no answer. Thats what occured today. What a bang up day Tom Brady had huh 399 yards and four touchdowns. Three games to go if he averages two per game it will give him 51. I believe he broke or came close to breaking the all time total yardage today. How about that Defense twice held on 4th down and limited the Steelers to 13 points and zero in the second half. Wouldn't you agree that that was an excellent acheivenment aganist a team that guaranted a win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

gettin' a little too much mileage out of the "queeeaaa" aren't you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

ThrobbingSteelRod, how does it feel to be choking on your brash preditions? Aren't those Pats something. They came out and did exactly what the Steelers practiced all week knowing what the Pats would do and stuck it to them. Brady 399 yards passing 4 touchdowns. Either broke or came close to breaking the all time total passing yds in a season. How about that defense not bad for being old and worn out huh? Those Pats are something aren't they. They walk the walk while the Steelers talk the talk. Which do you prefer?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedecider. Show thedecider's posts

True. I don't know about the 5K yards, but the TD record looks like it's going to be broken. Obviously, winning the SB is the goal, and any records along the way are secondary, but an unefeated season would be a record to remember.

You make a good point about history, and every Pats fan should keep in mind that it wasn't always this way. Some day Brady will retire. It's already six years since the Snow Game, and in a few years there won't be a BB or a Moss, Welker, Rodney, so we should all be thankful and enjoy every minute while we can.

6 more wins to go.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedecider. Show thedecider's posts

I prefer a win in the post season. ~ Throbbing Headache

I'm sure that you would like a post season win, but it won't be happening for the Steelers this year at Gillete.
    BTW, don't look now but the Browns are coming for you! Romeo!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

Speaking of suicidal, rumor has it Big Ben just purchased a new motorcycle and is planning on going for a long ride this weekend . . . . .WWWWHHHHOOOAAAAAAA, look out!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

Yeah, and I thought the game against Dallas was going to be the tough stretch, turned out dallas was a pushover, nice opponent, if you can get 'em. Boy Detroit looked tough today, huh??