1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Steelers Fortunate That Pats Didn't Make Playoffs

Truly Pathetic (we all know who you are)-

Thanks for the loser comment. That hurt. LOL!!! LOL!!! (remind you of anyone?)

Did you think I was going away? Why would I do that? I like being here, and there are a number of rational posters who have valuable things to say other than - LOL!!! Besides I also get to expose you as the idiot you are.

Posting woulda, coulda, shoulda's while attempting to trash teams that actually made the playoffs?? Wake up / step away from bottle / see a doctor - whatever it takes, but at least understand that you make yourself look like a fool.

Heck, I am a PSA for you. I am doing you a favor, but you don't want to get the message. Where you are concerned, unfortunately for all of us, there is no 12 step program for idiocy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

mighty - I am not real sure why this is directed at me when there are so many others to fight.

Sorry, but if I am treated disrespectfully, I will happily return the favor. As for the guest thing, aren't we all guests here?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[Quote]
    Furthermore, my original point was that the Pats would have given the Steelers a tougher time of things than the Ravens. Why is that so difficult for you to understand? Do you disagree?

[/Quote]

Certain people on this board have to argue every word that's posted. You could state that the sun comes up in the East and some smug know-it-all would start a "not necessarily" thread.

I agree with your premise. The Pats were obviously playing a lot better than they were the first time these two teams met. They're also 3 and 1, I believe, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, vs. the Steelers in recent playoff history.

They'd certainly play a better game than the Cardinals will but they'd probably loose too. I just don't think the presently constituted Pats could withstand the Steelers pass rush, for one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I think the real problem with disagreements on the board right now is that we are all bored! It is not uncommon for us to fight between ourselves since the Pats are no longer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

"Certain people on this board have to argue every word that's posted. You could state that the sun comes up in the East and some smug know-it-all would start a "not necessarily" thread."

Well, obviously, from a purely astronomical perspective the sun doesn't "come up" at all . . .

sorrry

couldn't help myself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LucicForPresident. Show LucicForPresident's posts

Yes, they are so lucky. Why, cause the Patriots would have used 7 years of video tape and cheated for a third time?

What suckers, losers, and pink hat fans you Pansiot fans are.

I hope Brady has to have his leg amputated.

That D ick licking queen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LucicForPresident. Show LucicForPresident's posts

Or is it cause they handed your arzes to you this year allready?

Man, I love how you guys watch football for like 6 years and you are all experts. DUMB DUMB DUMB band wagon loser fans

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LucicForPresident. Show LucicForPresident's posts

How many of you watch back in, say 1992 in the Tommy Hodson years? F ing band wagon queens. Just like you are with the Red Sox, Celtics, and now, the Bruins.

Ridiculous. I used to think this town knew it's crap, but I was mistaken, they are just band wagon fans that believe and repeat everything they hear from ESPN.

THINK FOR YOURSELVES LOSERS !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Whilst I would love to think the Pats could have gone into Pitt again and won another AFC championship game I just couldn't see it with Cassel at the helm and the the shocking defensive backfield the Pats had. The Pitt D is excellent and very physical (see Pats 2003 -2004 D) and eats rookie qb's. Brady would probably be able to handle it (see next year) but Cassel who was made look ordinary against good D's would struggle. I think he would have gone better than Flaco though. I also think Fitzgerald and Boldin(if he is focussed) can worry them. If the Cards Oline give Warner time you never no what could happen in the Superbowl(see last year)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Bub, UD and Prairie.....

In a string a while back you all brought up the point of "legitimacy" to teams in the playoffs this year and team records. Also, many have brought up "easy schedule" as a plausible reason for the Pats success this year in spite of all the injuries. Let's harken back to what we all thought would happen this year BEFORE this season began and think about what happened.

Would it be safe to say "parity" happened in this season more than ever? Would anyone here have envisioned the Chargers winning a division with an 8 - 8 record, or the Cardinals winning a division with a 9 - 7 record, the Eagles getting into the playoffs with a 9-6-1 record and the Pats not making the playoffs with an 11 - 5 record in the AFC East? Both the Cardinals and Eagles improved their records from 2007 by only ONE win and they are playoff teams! A lot happened this season that no one would have predicted. Could we name a team we thought was dominant this year? Did the Giants, Colts, Titans, Steelers look dominant in achieving their records? Look at how everyone at mid season seemed to think about a Jets-Giants SB? Teams won games we thought they wouldn't, teams lost game out of nowhere. Seems more than ever this year, who you play, at the right time, right place dictated your finish. Chargers got lots of help, as did the Eagles while the Pats did not. That's the way the ball bounces. How much of this season stayed to form?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[Quote]Bub, UD and Prairie.....

In a string a while back you all brought up the point of "legitimacy" to teams in the playoffs this year and team records. Also, many have brought up "easy schedule" as a plausible reason for the Pats success this year in spite of all the injuries. Let's harken back to what we all thought would happen this year BEFORE this season began and think about what happened.

Would it be safe to say "parity" happened in this season more than ever? Would anyone here have envisioned the Chargers winning a division with an 8 - 8 record, or the Cardinals winning a division with a 9 - 7 record, the Eagles getting into the playoffs with a 9-6-1 record and the Pats not making the playoffs with an 11 - 5 record in the AFC East? Both the Cardinals and Eagles improved their records from 2007 by only ONE win and they are playoff teams! A lot happened this season that no one would have predicted. Could we name a team we thought was dominant this year? Did the Giants, Colts, Titans, Steelers look dominant in achieving their records? Look at how everyone at mid season seemed to think about a Jets-Giants SB? Teams won games we thought they wouldn't, teams lost game out of nowhere. Seems more than ever this year, who you play, at the right time, right place dictated your finish. Chargers got lots of help, as did the Eagles while the Pats did not. That's the way the ball bounces. How much of this season stayed to form?[/Quote]

AGC - I think you are right on.

I will say, if the colts had not been at least competitive this year, I would have liked to have seen what a healthy pats team could have done. Would another year have hurt them a little? Was last year the pinaccle of talent, age, scheme, etc. (by the way, this is not to suggest that the window has closed - simply asking was last year the top of the top even if the injuries would not have occurred this year)

By the same token, who really could have envisioned the chargers finishing 8-8. I think most of us expected much more. I think all of you have said that the colts skill level has been on its way down, and I think you are correct. Add injuries to that, and I think the colts were pretty fortunate this year.

I just agree that this year probably had more parity than most. I think most would have said (without Brady around) that NYG was the best team, but they imploded with a couple of key injuries and the plaxico ordeal.

I think a good question is who do we think will be playoff teams next year? That may be too hard to answer since free agency has not begun and the draft has yet to be held, but 2009 will be interesting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mercury22-The-Undefeated. Show Mercury22-The-Undefeated's posts

Yea, right .....the Steelers are forrtunate....step away from the crack pipe. In Foxborough they pancaked, dismantled and dominated the Patsies 30-10. So if the playoff game was in Pitt, I project the score would have been about 52-3.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]Yea, right .....the Steelers are forrtunate...In Foxborough they pancaked, dismantled and dominated the Patsies 30-10. So if the playoff game was in Pitt, I project the score would have been about 52-3.[/Quote]

Hey Merc...do you really think that the Pats could have actually managed a FG against the mighty Steelers??

LOL!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

[Quote]

What you fail to take into account is that all the Pats games, from Pittsburgh onward, were played in very bad weather conditions. Many times, weather is a great equalizer...it can keep a bad team in a game against a better one (for example, the winless Dolphins played the playoff bound Steelers last year in London in a rain...the Steelers managed to barely eek out a 3-0 win).

What made the Patriots' streak so great is that they won all 4 games in bad weather...and three of these games were won on the road.

The Pats would have beaten the Ravens if they had the chance...and would have given the Steelers a real run for their money.[/Quote]

TPitty,

Sorry bro, I've been pretty busy and I almost lost track of this tread. But I find myself with some time THIS Sunday...

Anyway, not sure where you are coming from with your post in response to mine. I am complete agreement with your post, unlike many of your Patriot companions here; in fact by dissing this string it seems to me that they've really dissing all of the work you do to cut and paste of weblinks here. But back to the matter at hand, again as I posted the Pats looked DOMINANT against Seattle et. al. over the course of the last four games and, like you, I am sure Tomlin would have needed a supply of Depends if he had to face the Pats in the playoffs...as I am sure you agree by the same logic, that if the Steelers had strung together four similar victories at the end of last season, BB would have needed the same.

BTW, it was cool how they moved Heinz Field to London for that Steeler-Dolphins game, wasn't it....there is no disagreeing with you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

P

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/01/25/steelers-could-should-surpass-patriots-as-nfls-best-team/

has anyone read this garbage?now of course if they win the SB next sunday they will be the best team this year,but no way the best in the NFL of the decade .they beat us this year,and we spanked them last year.and i feel with the roll the pats were on.if we had made the playoffs.the steelers would have went down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

I agree...the Pats really took it to Seattle, Oakland, Arizona and Buffalo in their final four games. I think coaches around the league were racking their brains about how to stop them if they made it to the playoffs, especially given how easily they rolled through this elite group of teams. I don't know why more people haven't supported this view of ours. There are certainly a lot of people hung up on looking at the Pats losing 4 of the 6 games they faced teams that made the playoffs this year instead of focusing on a shutout of Buffalo in the final. And then there are the others that focus on how the two playoff teams the Pats did beat, Arizona and Miami (after losing the first go around) were themselves weak against quality opponents (Arizona 1 - 3 vs playoff temas, with their win over Miami; Miami 1 -2, with their win over SD early on) and instead ignore the comeback against Seattle or Cassels 400 yd passing effort in the loss against Jets. These people just don't get it...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

but you can factor in cassels first year as a starter.all the injuries of key players not playing,and to see the pats not just winning,but blowing the final four teams out.its no diffrent then the cardnals getting whipped by everyone in there past 6 games,and end up in the SB,and probably win it.its clicking at the right time.i would agree on the schedule thing if brady was playing all year,but since it was cassel the strength of schedule totally changed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]I agree...the Pats really took it to Seattle, Oakland, Arizona and Buffalo in their final four games...l. And then there are the others that focus on how the two playoff teams the Pats did beat, Arizona and Miami (after losing the first go around) were themselves weak against quality opponents (Arizona 1 - 3 vs playoff temas, with their win over Miami; Miami 1 -2, with their win over SD early on) and instead ignore the comeback against Seattle or Cassels 400 yd passing effort in the loss against Jets. These people just don't get it...[/Quote]

Retrop... So, you say because the Pats have lost to 4 playoff teams it means they may not have deserved to be in the playoffs? Was there any other NFL team that looked more impressive than the Pats did in their last 4 games, mostly played in bad weather? As for losing to playoff teams, didn't everyone too? Steelers 4 losses - ALL playoffs teams; Cardinals - 4 of 7 losses to playoff teams; Eagles - 2 of 6 losses to playoff teams; Ravens - all 5 losses against playoff teams. Of these final 4, one could say the Eagles were the least deserving having lost to 4 non playoff teams. How about thinking about WHEN these losses occurred and how?

Isn't it said that playoff teams look their strongest in December? Only FOUR teams finished 4 - 0 in December: SD, Indy; Miami ( 5 - 0 run after being pasted by the Pats 48 - 28) and the Pats. the Giants were 1 - 3!!

First and foremost teams can have bad games, right? Look at when the Pats lost and how versus the aforementioned playoof teams.. Do we consider the games they lost against the Dolphins and Chargers real bad games, games in which the Pats were never in it from the opening bell. Then we look at the Colts loss, a game the Pats probably snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. The Steelers game, Pats outplayed the Steelers in the first half, put up some offensive numbers the Steeler D hadn't given up all year, then that horrible second half. The Jets game, that appeared to come down to who had the ball last, plus the Pats D just couldn't stop the Jets when they could have to seal the win. When all is said and done, compared to the other playoff teams, the Pats were in the wrong conference this year because it seemed all the NFC teams helped each other get in!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

I couldn't agree more with you, and I don't know why you're addressing this to me. Wasn't it KC who was making a similar arguement last year..or was that the year before? BTW, How many playoff wins did the December 4- 0 teams post this year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]I couldn't agree more with you, and I don't know why you're addressing this to me. Wasn't it KC who was making a similar arguement last year..or was that the year before? BTW, How many playoff wins did the December 4- 0 teams post this year?[/Quote]

Only the Pats remained undefeated.. (-;

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Who cares if we did well against a bunch of terrible teams after we had already lost too many games to get in the playoffs? We had one objective all season and that was to get into the playoffs, and we failed. The Steelers didn't care about facing us because they had just crushed us in Week 12. We lost. Move on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]Who cares if we did well against a bunch of terrible teams after we had already lost too many games to get in the playoffs? We had one objective all season and that was to get into the playoffs, and we failed. The Steelers didn't care about facing us because they had just crushed us in Week 12. We lost. Move on.[/Quote]

Ok, Mighty.. let's do just that! With no news at all coming out of the Pats regarding anything, other than members of the management and coaching staff spreading their wings for greener pastures, what DO YOU want to chat about? Until we hear anything, we may as well shut this site down because it seems all we are talking about are other teams!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]TexasPat3 you should count your lucky stars that the NFL graced the Patriots with the easiest schedule in the NFL this past season to get you to an undeserved 11-5. Next year you will have a harder schedule and should Cassell play he won't have the success that he had this year. 9 out of 11 of your wins came against teams with a record below .500. That means you only beat 2 good teams! Your losses all came against playoff calibar teams. You should count your lucky stars that your team didn't get in and get humiliated. Why do you start such assine threads? [/Quote]

PatsGoinDown:

You ask "Why do you start such assine threads?" Now, I have a question for you: "Why did you drop out of school? What the hell does "assine" mean?

That said, answer me this: If your Indianapolis Colts played last season without Peyton Manning for the entire season, how many games do you think that they would have won? Nine games? Six games?

Talk about undeserved wins and luck, Indy was extremely fortunate to edge out Minnesota (15-13), and Houston (31-27). They also needed the usual help from the zebras to hold off the Matt Cassel led Patriots, 18-15.

So, you say that the Brady-less 2008 Pats sucked. Yet, the best that Peyton and the boys could do against them was to barely escape with a 3 point win, at home...LOL!!

Incidently, what say you about the latest Peyton Manning choke job?

Sections
Shortcuts