1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

Steelers Fortunate That Pats Didn't Make Playoffs

Imagine if the Pats had made the SB; the score would have been 47 - 7 or so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]Imagine if the Pats had made the SB; the score would have been 47 - 7 or so.[/Quote]

The Steelers are the champs. They deserve it...as they played consistently well throughout the season. Though they got some breaks yesterday, theres' no question that they were the better team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

[Quote]

Err...friend...the Pats beat the Cards, 47-7. The point of this thread was that the Pats would have given the Steelers a tougher time than did the Ravens...had they played.

But, go ahead and gloat. The Steelers are the champs. They deserve it...as they played consistently well throughout the season. Though they got some breaks yesterday, theres' no question that they were the better team.[/Quote]

Gloat? I'm talking about the Pats! And, like I said, I imagine they would have licked the Cards 47 - 7 or so (probably more, given how the weather acts to equalize teams). Geez...thin skin.

p.s. What are we gonna do about that Mazz thing? Better to just ignore the facts?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from richpats. Show richpats's posts

Without going through the 100+ posts, all I can say is that Pittsburgh takes FULL advantage of the Pats' absence from the championship rounds. In the last 8 seasons, the Pats have missed the AFC title game 3 times - and the Steelers have won the Super Bowl TWICE in those years.

In the 5 seasons the Pats have advanced to the AFC title game, the Steelers have been handed 2 title game losses at home to NE, lost another home playoff game to the Jags and missed the playoffs entirely the other 2 years.
    I'd say the Steelers' recent SB victories are more attributed to the King being away from the castle than anything else.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]

The Steelers are the champs. They deserve it...as they played consistently well throughout the season. Though they got some breaks yesterday, theres' no question that they were the better team.[/Quote]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]

Gloat? I'm talking about the Pats! And, like I said, I imagine they would have licked the Cards 47 - 7 or so (probably more, given how the weather acts to equalize teams). Geez...thin skin.

p.s. What are we gonna do about that Mazz thing? Better to just ignore the facts?[/Quote]

Sorry...my mistake.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzCal. Show BuzzCal's posts

WOW!!! A lot of trash talking from a team who only made it to the SB because half the Patriot's team was injured! When was the last time the Steeler's beat the Patriot's in the Playoffs? I do have to give credit to Big Ben for failing to go down and making plays. I also have to say I wish Polamalu was on the Pat's because he is like a missile looking to destroy someone.

Congrats Steeler Fans but don't count on it being so easy next year when the Pat's are back!!!

BuzzCal

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from richpats. Show richpats's posts

I will just add that the Steelers won in a really down season for the NFL. There weren't any truly "elite" teams, the league MVP won on name recognition and 4 of the top 5 teams were one-and-done's in the playoffs. The other thing is that the Steelers really didn't need to step up their game in the postseason to win it all. Frankly they survived 3 inferior teams.

I think this season was a nice preamble to what will be an amazing 2009 season. Steelers and Pats will be the 2 elite teams in the league and everyone else will be looking up. If they get to meet in the playoffs it will be an amazing event.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]
    I will just add that the Steelers won in a really down season for the NFL. There weren't any truly "elite" teams, the league MVP won on name recognition and 4 of the top 5 teams were one-and-done's in the playoffs. The other thing is that the Steelers really didn't need to step up their game in the postseason to win it all. Frankly they survived 3 inferior teams. [/Quote]

What you say is true. But, credit the Steelers for making the plays needed to win when they had to.

Both last year and in 2006, the failure of the Patriots to come up with stops in the last 2 minutes of huge games...and allow two long game winning TD drives, is whats' stopping the Pats from being hailed as the greatest NFL team of all-time.

Brady or no...the Pats will not win another SB any time soon unless and until they fix their defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from richpats. Show richpats's posts

TexasPat3, I was commenting more on the Steelers' relatively easy path to the Lombardi. The last 2 years the Pats had fallen to teams playing above their heads, in the midst of amazing runs to the championship. The Steelers? They won 2 home games against good teams and avoided blowing the biggest lead in SB history. Not exactly on par with the championship runs of the past few years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Rich:

I don't like the Steelers either. But, they made the plays necessary at the end to win.

In 2006 and 2007, for whatever reason, the Patriots did not. As a result, despite all the wonderful success the Pats have enjoyed, both they and their fans will always carry around thoughts of "what if"...as both realize that they squandered a rare shot at football immortality.

Sections
Shortcuts