1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Steelers Fortunate That Pats Didn't Make Playoffs

Yes...Steeler Nation is thrilled, as Pittsburgh is going to the SB. Its' a game that they're all but certain to win. For even if the Cardinals play well, the refs will be there to bail the Goths out...as they did a few years ago against the Seahawks.

But, what would have happened had the Patriots made the playoffs? In all liklihood, the Pats would have faced off against the Steelers in Pittsburgh last Sunday...and most certainly would have given the Goths more trouble than the Joe Flacco led Ravens. In fact, I can't recall a team having an easier path to the Big Game than this years' Steelers.

Don't be fooled by the Steelers' turnover aided huge win in Foxboro. By the season's end, the Patriots were playing as well or better than anyone. Count your lucky stars, Goth fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Dude give it up already. We lost. We didn't make the playoffs. Quit acting like we were better than any playoff team. I've never seen more sour grapes than on this board.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree with mighty give it up already. They beat us straight up no excuses so this year they had the better team no need to act like Steelers fans and make a bunch of excuses. As for the playoffs this is a pointless thread cause we didnt make the playoffs so it is not relivent, yea maybe if we had made the playoffs we MIGHT have gotten past the Ravens and their great D and IF we got past them then yes we MIGHT have given the Steelers a bigger run for their money but then again maybe we would have been blown out the way we were during the regular season. Listen I hate to see the Steelers make it to teh big show as much as the next guy but we dont need to act like a bunch of trolls and make up excuses for why our team is still better even though their team beat us and is in teh super bowl thats wht trolls do they come on here and they give us a bunch of BS reason for why their team is still better then the pats even though we beat their team thats exactly what they do and we are better then that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Its' a game that they're all but certain to win. For even if the Cardinals play well, the refs will be there to bail the Goths out...as they did a few years ago against the Seahawks.

Let's not forget that back in SB XL the "feel-good" story was the Bus winning one in his hometown before hanging it up. You have to think that stockboy Warner and the Cardinals (who've never won - or been to- a SB) would be the "sentimental" favorites! If there are as many (seemingly)biased calls by the zebras in this one, do not be surprised if they go in Arizona's favor! Also remember, the Cardinals were underdogs against the Panthers and Eagles big time. I wouldn't go betting the farm on the Steelers!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

you SPIN me round round babe right round like a record babe round round round

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollsarefools. Show trollsarefools's posts

Indygaylover I bet you say that to all your boyfriends.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]Its' a game that they're all but certain to win. For even if the Cardinals play well, the refs will be there to bail the Goths out...as they did a few years ago against the Seahawks.

Let's not forget that back in SB XL the "feel-good" story was the Bus winning one in his hometown before hanging it up. You have to think that stockboy Warner and the Cardinals (who've never won - or been to- a SB) would be the "sentimental" favorites! If there are as many (seemingly)biased calls by the zebras in this one, do not be surprised if they go in Arizona's favor! Also remember, the Cardinals were underdogs against the Panthers and Eagles big time. I wouldn't go betting the farm on the Steelers![/Quote]

Just as was the case for the Steelers...everything fell just right for the Cards. No cold weather road games is why they are where they are.

Don't see the officiating breaking the Cards way, Bub...not after that travesty of three years ago, when the Steelers were giftwrapped the SB against Seattle. Frankly, in this match-up, the officiating shouldn't matter. The Steelers' pass rush should overwhelm the statue that is Kurt Warner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]I agree with mighty give it up already. They beat us straight up no excuses so this year they had the better team no need to act like Steelers fans and make a bunch of excuses. As for the playoffs this is a pointless thread cause we didnt make the playoffs so it is not relivent...[/Quote]

Who is making excuses? I'm making a comment that I believe that the Pats were one of, if not the best team in the league at seasons' end...and that they could have given the Steelers a real run for their money.

Why don't you guys take the time to read a post before you criticize it? Besides...what else is there to discuss, now that the season is over?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[Quote]Its' a game that they're all but certain to win. For even if the Cardinals play well, the refs will be there to bail the Goths out...as they did a few years ago against the Seahawks.

Let's not forget that back in SB XL the "feel-good" story was the Bus winning one in his hometown before hanging it up. You have to think that stockboy Warner and the Cardinals (who've never won - or been to- a SB) would be the "sentimental" favorites! If there are as many (seemingly)biased calls by the zebras in this one, do not be surprised if they go in Arizona's favor! Also remember, the Cardinals were underdogs against the Panthers and Eagles big time. I wouldn't go betting the farm on the Steelers![/Quote] Yeh, I too am a sentilmentalist. Should the Steelers be capable of forcing the Cards into the same position as did the Eagles in the 2'nd half and hold them there then they'll win if not then the cerds win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Pat, good to see you on the board. As an old friend I respect what you have contributed to the board. Don't allow a minority of new posters get you upset. If you recall I too have had critical replys to my position and you came to my aid. So take it for whats its worth, your friends are still your friends. Keep up the good job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Pat, good to see you on the board. As an old friend I respect what you have contributed to the board. Don't allow a minority of new posters get you upset. If you recall I too have had critical replys to my position and you came to my aid. So take it for whats its worth, your friends are still your friends. Keep up the good job.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

If we want to point out how good we were this year, and how wrong it is that we were not in the playoffs, i think our crushing of the Cards argues the point best. Damn, it seems only just that we should have been in after this power display against a team that just a month later is in the Super Bowl.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Relax Tex. Would this board be any fun if we all kissed your a$$ every post? Now to continue making fun of your post ...

Oh yes, we were the best team in the league at the end of the season, playing against such ferocious teams as ... the Oakland Raiders, the Seattle Seahawks, and the Buffalo Bills! And let's not forget the NFC champion Arizona Cardinals. Why, we haven't lost a game since we played the Steelers.

And the Steelers had it so easy. They didn't even play anyone the first week. Then they had those jokers the Chargers, who barely beat us, what, 30-10 this season? And then the Ravens. What a joke!

Yes, it's definitely a good attitude to act like we are the rightful Super Bowl champions year after year, and every other team is a fraud.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]Relax Tex. Would this board be any fun if we all kissed your a$$ every post? Now to continue making fun of your post ...

Oh yes, we were the best team in the league at the end of the season, playing against such ferocious teams as ... the Oakland Raiders, the Seattle Seahawks, and the Buffalo Bills! And let's not forget the NFC champion Arizona Cardinals. Why, we haven't lost a game since we played the Steelers.

And the Steelers had it so easy. They didn't even play anyone the first week. Then they had those jokers the Chargers, who barely beat us, what, 30-10 this season? And then the Ravens. What a joke!

Yes, it's definitely a good attitude to act like we are the rightful Super Bowl champions year after year, and every other team is a fraud.[/Quote]

If you read my original post, you would know that I never called the Steelers chumps. They are a very good team...whom I predicted would win the AFC (post-Brady). But, they have had an easy playoff path. Compare and contrast it to what the Pats went through last year...having to beat a very good Jacksonville team (which owned the Steelers last year, and beat them in Pittsburgh in the wildcard round), a much better defensive Chargers' team, and the NY Giants (who defeated the Steelers in Pittsburgh this season).

Yes...the Pats lost 30-10 to SD on the road. But, that was very early in the season. Surely your not advocating that the Pats were the same team at the end of the season?

Getting hot at the right time is key for making a playoff run (remember the Giants?)...and the Patriots got hot at the right time. Their offense was looking vintage 2007 at seasons' end, and their defense was rounding into form. Add to that the fact that they have the finest coach in the game.

Whats' so great about the Baltimore Ravens? They beat a relatively weak Miami team on the road (as the Patriots did about 6 weeks ago), and put up a tepid battle Sunday in Pittsburgh. Get a lead on the Ravens, and the game is over.

Rest assured that the Steelers were pleased to see the Pats eliminated from playoff contention. The Pats are to the Steelers what the Chargers are to the Colts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

"Getting hot at the right time is key for making a playoff run (remember the Giants?)...and the Patriots got hot at the right time."

Um, if we got hot at the right time, we'd be in the playoffs. Obviously we got hot too late.

Your post amounts to sour grapes because the gist of it is that every playoff team besides the Steelers isn't that good, but our team that couldn't even make the playoffs is really good. If we didn't make the playoffs, we're not as good as anyone in the playoffs. Every team has all season to do one thing, get in the playoffs, and we couldn't even do that. We should quit it with these hypothetical "we would have been so great in the playoffs" posts and just accept that we lost.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]
    "Getting hot at the right time is key for making a playoff run (remember the Giants?)...and the Patriots got hot at the right time."

Um, if we got hot at the right time, we'd be in the playoffs. Obviously we got hot too late.

Your post amounts to sour grapes because the gist of it is that every playoff team besides the Steelers isn't that good, but our team that couldn't even make the playoffs is really good. If we didn't make the playoffs, we're not as good as anyone in the playoffs. Every team has all season to do one thing, get in the playoffs, and we couldn't even do that. We should quit it with these hypothetical "we would have been so great in the playoffs" posts and just accept that we lost.
    [/Quote]

What are you talking about? How does "my post amount to sour grapes" when I'm speaking an objective truth...these playoff teams aren't very good this year. The Steelers are the best of a very mediocre lot. I mean...the Arizona Cardinals??? Pleeaassee!!

Furthermore, my original point was that the Pats would have given the Steelers a tougher time of things than the Ravens. Why is that so difficult for you to understand? Do you disagree?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Rest assured that the Steelers were not sweating us at all come playoff time, if we had played teh Steelers in the playoffs i do think we would have put on a better show but i still think Cassel would have lost to either teh Ravens or teh Steelers in the playoffs as he did not play well not even once this season against a good D. Cassel played well against teams he was sopossed to play well against and I am not saying we wouldnt have made a puch if we made the playoffs but to sit here and say the Steelers are glad we didnt make it when they handed us an a$$ whopin in teh regular season is just us being stuburn. If we beat the Steelers and they said this sh*t to us we would all be like well we beat you guys and thats exactly what they can do to us no matter what we say they beat us and therefore you have no ground to call them out.

I will say this though the Pittsburg Steelers from where I sit are not real champions. The only time they can get over teh hump is when the Pats are not in their way so until they beat the Pats in teh AFC title game the way the Colts did I dont consioder them legit champions. Thast teh way i felt in 05 when they won it all and we lost to teh Bronco's and that the way i feel this year. the only time the Steelers can make it to teh show is if bill belichick is not there to stop them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

MVP, if that's the case, then the Colts are not legit either. They should have had to go through the Chargers in 06, but we knocked them off first. The same way the Patriots would also be suspect for not having to play against Shanahan in 02, 04, and 05. It's all a vicious circle for everyone! Had the Patriots made the playoffs they would have fared better against the Steelers than they did in the first game. Would it be enough to win? I can't say, and it's a moot point, as you stated. The thing about the playoffs is you play someone who has won their last game. It's as fair as it can be. I would like to see the seedings by records, so a "wild card" team could have a home game (thus SD would have gone to Indy, and AZ to Atlanta...and Philly). But it is what it is. Still, I suspect what Tex says is true to an extent. I'm sure Tomlin would rather have SD come to town than NE. IMO any team who wins a SB is "legit". Here's hoping the Cardinals can pull the upset and keep those Steeler fans from gloating all year!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

bub thats a good point i retract my previous statement.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

The winner of the SB is playing for 2nd place. Nobody would have beat them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

TP

I agree....the Pats certainly got HOT after they got trampled by the Steelers. And after seeing the Pats plow down their next four oppnents (who had a combined record of 25 - 39, all but one with losing records) the Steelers must have been praying that they wouldn't have to face the Patriots power running game or the prospect of being picked apart by Matt Cassel. A

p.s Was that Seattle that required the come from behind victory during the Patriots "hot" streak? Dominant, I think we both agree.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

MVP....I have to disagree with you about Cassell. In the steeler game the Pats controlled the entire first half and had an opportunity to go up 17-10 at half but a drop pass by Moss thwarted that. MOss had a drop earlier in the game when he was running alone down the field deep in Steeler territory. Not to mention the drop by Gaffney late in the 3rd quarter.

If it wasn't for the dropped passes the score would've been much different and the Steelers would not of been able to tee off after going up on the scoreboard.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

Detriot fans have a number of similar stories this year.