1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Steelers Fortunate That Pats Didn't Make Playoffs

Yes, folks, it IS frustrating to see the Pats on the sidelines during these playoffs. As much as discussing the what ifs may sooth the pain, we can't change history.

I think if you asked each Pats player about this past season and the teams in the playoffs, not a word will be said about how they feel they should be there instead of Team A or Team B. To a man, they will say they didn't get the job done in the regular season and they sit where they are through no fault of any one else. If the players can live with the reality, how about we fans move on and enjoy thoughts of a dynamite 2009 season with Brady back at the helm with a rejuvinated defense! That is worth "what iffing" all day!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

As much as it pains me to admit this, I just don't think the Pats could have beaten the Steelers in the playoffs. Strong defensive teams is where you see the difference between having Brady at QB vs. Matt C. The Pats struggled against teams last season with good defenses and running games, but Brady's greatness pulled the pats through, the Baltimore and philly game are the first to come to mind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

[Quote]As much as it pains me to admit this, I just don't think the Pats could have beaten the Steelers in the playoffs. Strong defensive teams is where you see the difference between having Brady at QB vs. Matt C. The Pats struggled against teams last season with good defenses and running games, but Brady's greatness pulled the pats through, the Baltimore and philly game are the first to come to mind.[/Quote]

Grogan, et. al. - You are being far too logical. It is clear the way the Pats cleaned up in their final four games of the year that their momentum would have taken them to the SB. I think victories over the powerhouses of Oakland (SB Champions), Buffalo (AFL Champions), Seattle (NFC Champions), and Arizona (current NFC Champions) PROVE that this Patriots team mettle was tested and ready for the Steelers. Tomlin would have been besides himself preparing for the Patriots jugernaut.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

PHILIP RIVERS PASSED FOR 308 on the 'paper tiger Steelers'. Warner will get 350 plus the 75 on the ground makes 425.

++ Whisenhunt knows his old team very well. He's a better coach than Tomlin, by far.

Paper tiger is a literal English translation of the Chinese phrase zhǐ lǎohǔ (Chinese: 紙老虎), meaning something which seems as threatening as a tiger, but is really harmless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Many Patriot fans would like to imagine what could have been, if they made the playoffs.

Unfortunately, the Patriots lost to almost every AFC team of the postseason... Dolphins--IN, Chargers--IN, Colts--IN, Steelers--IN. The Pats didn't play Baltimore or Tennessee, the other 2 AFC playoff teams.

With the easiest schedule in the NFL (by 2007 records) they fell short of the playoffs, and somebody thinks they were hot enough to make a legitimate run?

Baltimore 24 - New England 6 done.

Don't worry though, the injury season is over, and Brady & Co. will be back in full force for 2009!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

d

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LouieDaLipp. Show LouieDaLipp's posts

Miami AFC playoff team who spanked the Pats
    Chargers AFC playoff team who spanked the Pats
    Steelers AFC playoff team who spanked the Pats

I'm pretty sure nobody was worried about the Bradyless Pats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LouieDaLipp. Show LouieDaLipp's posts

Colts, Spanked the Pats.
    and the Ravens would have spanked you considering they should have beat you last year had the Referees not been Patriot fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[Quote]But you are not in the playoffs crybaby, so shut the hell up. TexasPat is the biggest, dumbest, most ignorant fan on this site. Never sees reality for what it is. You are ignorant if you think the refs gave the Steelers the Superbowl against the Seahawks. You are also ignorant if you think that the Patriots DID NOT cheat during the last 7 years to win 3 Superbowls and go 16-0 last year. There...I expressed my opinion...now eat sh*t and die![/Quote]

You always make yourself sound like you are on the verge of tears.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

The steelers are a boring team to watch. Wake me up when Brady is back. Pitt is a dirty city that smells like crap anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]

Paper tiger is a literal English translation of the Chinese phrase zhǐ lǎohǔ (Chinese: 紙老虎), meaning something which seems as threatening as a tiger, but is really harmless.
    [/Quote]

Bolt:

If you look up the definition of a "paper tiger", you'll find a photo of the Indianapolis Colts team...LOL!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]Many Patriot fans would like to imagine what could have been, if they made the playoffs.

Unfortunately, the Patriots lost to almost every AFC team of the postseason... Dolphins--IN, Chargers--IN, Colts--IN, Steelers--IN. The Pats didn't play Baltimore or Tennessee, the other 2 AFC playoff teams.

With the easiest schedule in the NFL (by 2007 records) they fell short of the playoffs, and somebody thinks they were hot enough to make a legitimate run?

Baltimore 24 - New England 6 done.

Don't worry though, the injury season is over, and Brady & Co. will be back in full force for 2009!!
    [/Quote]

Jimmy:

The Pats might have had the easiest schedule of teams record-wise. But, as often happens, it didn't turn out to be an easy schedule...as the Jets and 'Fins turned out to be good teams....meaning 4 extra unexpected tough games.

As for losing to playoff teams, thats' true. But those losses came predominantly in the first half of the season, while Matt Cassel was still getting his bearings. Are you saying that the Pats weren't by far a better team at seasons' end than they were at midseason?

Ravens 24, Pats 6??? LOL!!! The Pats would have handled Baltimore in Foxboro with relative ease. By seasons' end, the Pats' offense was operating at near 2007 efficiency. They would have had a legitimate shot at beating the Steelers.

But, unfortunately, we'll never know.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]TP

I agree....the Pats certainly got HOT after they got trampled by the Steelers. And after seeing the Pats plow down their next four oppnents (who had a combined record of 25 - 39, all but one with losing records) the Steelers must have been praying that they wouldn't have to face the Patriots power running game or the prospect of being picked apart by Matt Cassel. A

p.s Was that Seattle that required the come from behind victory during the Patriots "hot" streak? Dominant, I think we both agree.[/Quote]

What you fail to take into account is that all the Pats games, from Pittsburgh onward, were played in very bad weather conditions. Many times, weather is a great equalizer...it can keep a bad team in a game against a better one (for example, the winless Dolphins played the playoff bound Steelers last year in London in a rain...the Steelers managed to barely eek out a 3-0 win).

What made the Patriots' streak so great is that they won all 4 games in bad weather...and three of these games were won on the road.

The Pats would have beaten the Ravens if they had the chance...and would have given the Steelers a real run for their money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Sorry, but not this year, as we already witnessed. Flacco and Cassell got the same ROOKIE treatment by the Squeeler "D". Time to move on. The Pats didn't make the playoffs for a reason: Their inability to beat playoff teams (Squeelers, Dolts, Bolts, and Fins (twice). They did nothing to show me that they could have beaten any of these teams at the end of the year either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollsarefools. Show trollsarefools's posts

Three Mile Island is no where near Pittsburgh.....dufuss.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I have pointed out on another post that my ywo good friends from my Army days are Steeler fans and I did point out to them before we did not make the playoffs that because they beat us in the regular season it would not bode well for them to see us on the post season because of our past history beating them in that situation, Also the Pats rarley lose to the same team twice in one year. Having said all that I would not be as cofident about beating the Steelers this year in the post becasue their D had our number, but you never know and that is why they play the game!! Go Pats!! (09-10) :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Wow - what a thread.

No doubt our personal hygenist Toilet Paper would have started this thread. LOL. I mean who of all people likes to pose what ifs not for the future, but for the past. Talk about desparate.

And Jbolt - calling the Steelers paper tigers really doesn't hold much weight now does it. Two time losers to the team and you want to call them out. What is the chinese phrase for out-of-touch? You might want to pin it on your mirror.

Bub - at the risk of exposing myself to future ridicule, I am not so sure the colts were legit this year, but legitmacy is a relative term. I will defend our friend Tickles Peyton (TP) on only this level: This season was one of great parity. The pats suceeded relatively with a large amount of injuries. So did the colts and the chargers. Although Tennessee went undefeated for 11-12 weeks (?) did anyone think they were unbeatable? This was a season for survival and mojo. Any effective team could have won.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]Wow - what a thread.

No doubt our personal hygenist Toilet Paper would have started this thread. LOL. I mean who of all people likes to pose what ifs not for the future, but for the past. Talk about desparate.

Response: Are you still here, loser? Obviously, you're still in a daze over the latest Indy choke;

And Jbolt - calling the Steelers paper tigers really doesn't hold much weight now does it. Two time losers to the team and you want to call them out. What is the chinese phrase for out-of-touch? You might want to pin it on your mirror.

Response: There was but one paper tiger in the playoffs (hint: they lost in the first round to the 8-8 San Diego Chargers);

Bub - at the risk of exposing myself to future ridicule, I am not so sure the colts were legit this year, but legitmacy is a relative term. I will defend our friend Tickles Peyton (TP) on only this level: This season was one of great parity. The pats suceeded relatively with a large amount of injuries. So did the colts and the chargers. Although Tennessee went undefeated for 11-12 weeks (?) did anyone think they were unbeatable? This was a season for survival and mojo. Any effective team could have won.

Response: Why are you worried about exposing yourself to ridicule, when you've been exposing yourself to ridicule here for months, due to your juvenile posts? "Tickles" Peyton?? You've got to be kidding...LOL!! Tell me...is it really necessary for you to express your deepest fantasies on this forum??
    "Any effective team could have won??" It must have taken you weeks to come up with that brilliant observation. Incidently, what is an "effective team?? One that doesn't choke? If so, after years of watching the Colts, how in the world would you be able to recognize an "effective team"?

Have a nice day.

[/Quote]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Sorry, jcap; twompoints:

1) The Cards SUCKED on east coast trips this year

2) They had NOTHING to play for in December (locked into #4 NFC seed, no possible way to improve their seeding if they had won

That game vs the Pats showed us nothing. It's well known that teams with shut down corners can contain the Cards trio of WR's. The Pats on't have 1 shut down corner, let alone two. The weather/elements acted as our shut down corner(s). It would have been fun to see how a good Cardinal offense would have dione in no snow/wind.

(BTW, none of the Cards playoff opponents have good shut xown corners. All played with 4+ safeties. The Eagles got beat on a trick play hat almost failed as the ball was under thrown and Fitzgerald almost missed it while the Eagle safety was falling down.)

I said it before on the Cards being in the SB...... proves just how bad the NFC is, and the addage that even a blond squirrel finds an acorn at least once. The Falcons should have run the ball more, but stopped (a la the Rams in the '01 SB), the Panthers disregarded the run after their QB played "give away" all day, and the Eagles figured out the Cards offense and shut them down except for one 2nd half TD drive.

This year SB? It'll be like the Pats/Bears debacle in '86. The Cards have no chance and won't win. The Squeeler defense will not play like teh Eagles did, anxd the Cardinal defense won't be able to stop the Squeeler offense as long as they get their run ing game established and start mixing it up. Mark your books. Will it be a close game? I believe it'll be a 9-12 point Squeeler win, with the game NOT being as close as the score will indicate, much like the Fins '72 games vs the 'Skins.

While we're at it, lets ALL stop the speculating on how the NFL is going to "hand" one team or the other the win. Unless it's a call on the last play of the game that decides a win, the teams will have 60 minutes to overcome a "bad call. Should they have run a play earlier in teh game? Why didn't the QB hit the wide open WR on the other side of the field? Why did the defense blitz on 3rd and 2 when teh other team oicked up the first down to keep the drive alive? Besides, it's not new to them. It happens all the time; why should the SB be potentially different? The best refs can only call what tey see. I'd rather see a good continually played game rather than a Hankie Fest, which turns into 6 hours.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[Quote]If we want to point out how good we were this year, and how wrong it is that we were not in the playoffs, i think our crushing of the Cards argues the point best. Damn, it seems only just that we should have been in after this power display against a team that just a month later is in the Super Bowl.

[/Quote]

Sorry. Pats lost 5 conference games. They should have beten the JESTS! and Dolts, but blew both games. They didn't deserve the playoffs, seeing how they didn't win their division.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Bub - at the risk of exposing myself to future ridicule, I am not so sure the colts were legit this year, but legitmacy is a relative term.

I think you misunderstood me. I was simply stating that using the logic in the post I was responding to, no team who ever won a SB was "legit", because they didn't have to face the one team who seemed to "have their number" in the playoffs. In 06 the Colts didn't play SD in January. Just like the Steelers didn't face NE this season or in 05. Likewise, the Patriots didn't have Denver in any of their three SB runs. It doesn't work that way, IMO. You play who is currently "hot" and winning at the time. I don't think either the Patriots or Colts were as good as their record this season. The Patriots beat a lot of lower tier teams and the Colts squeaked by (and got a few "gifts", like the one from Rosenfels). As much as we like to think our teams are that much better than the rest, the truth is there truly is parity in the league. Injuries, mistakes, and even bad calls can derail a season even for the better teams sometimes. The really great teams rebound and stay in contention year after year. And it seems that all three (Patriots, Colts, and Steelers) have been doing it this decade.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I think the guy who used "improved" Miami and Green New Jersey teams to bolster the argument that the Pats didn't have as easy a schedule as it looked on paper is not taking into account the fact that those teams had the same easy schedule. Tell the truth and shame the devil, nobody was afraid of the Jests or the Dolphins in December . . .

Nobody.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[Quote]Wow - what a thread.

Bub - at the risk of exposing myself to future ridicule, I am not so sure the colts were legit this year, but legitmacy is a relative term. I will defend our friend Tickles Peyton (TP) on only this level: This season was one of great parity. The pats suceeded relatively with a large amount of injuries. So did the colts and the chargers. Although Tennessee went undefeated for 11-12 weeks (?) did anyone think they were unbeatable? This was a season for survival and mojo. Any effective team could have won.[/Quote]

Underdogg, you are a guest here. Please be more polite. Do not insult regulars or call them names.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Bub, totally agree. Specifically where the colts were concerned. Their run was required even to make the playoffs, but it was hard to find any game of signficance where they made a statement to the league that they were a team to be reckoned with. That does not discount their feat. They won the games they had to to get to the playoffs and that is commendable. But I don't think they scared anyone.