1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Steelers Fortunate That Pats Didn't Make Playoffs

[Quote]

PatsGoinDown:

You ask "Why do you start such assine threads?" Now, I have a question for you: "Why did you drop out of school? What the hell does "assine" mean?

That said, answer me this: If your Indianapolis Colts played last season without Peyton Manning for the entire season, how many games do you think that they would have won? Nine games? Six games?

Talk about undeserved wins and luck, Indy was extremely fortunate to edge out Minnesota (15-13), and Houston (31-27). They also needed the usual help from the zebras to hold off the Matt Cassel led Patriots, 18-15.

So, you say that the Brady-less 2008 Pats sucked. Yet, the best that Peyton and the boys could do was to barely escape with a 3 point win, at home...LOL!!

Incidently, what say you about the latest Peyton Manning choke job?[/Quote]

I think the colts with their injuries may have won 4-5, which is why Manning was voted MVP. :0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]

I think the colts with their injuries may have won 4-5, which is why Manning was voted MVP. :0[/Quote]

Perhaps theres' hope for you yet, my friend!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[Quote]

Perhaps theres' hope for you yet, my friend!![/Quote]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[Quote]

Perhaps theres' hope for you yet, my friend!![/Quote]

Hope?? Actually, I haven't changed my tune at all. I don't need hope. I have a pretty good perspective of things.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]

Hope?? Actually, I haven't changed my tune at all. I don't need hope. I have a pretty good perspective of things.[/Quote]

Says who...your Mom?
    LOL!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

winey bitches

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[Quote]

Says who...your Mom?
    LOL!!
    [/Quote]

My mom??? - Did you just really use a 70's put down?? LOL!! (remind you of anyone)

But to answer your question, yes, my mom and many many many others. By the way, I don't need hope. You on the other hand could use a lot of luck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote][Quote]

Says who...your Mom?
    LOL!!
    [/Quote]

My mom??? - Did you just really use a 70's put down?? LOL!! (remind you of anyone)

RESPONSE: "You made a general statement about having a good perspective on things. Since we all now know from your moronic posts that your perspective on things is warped, I asked, "Who told you that, your Mom?"
    That wasn't meant to be a "70s put down". In light of your refusal to accept facts, and the lies and linguistic exercises you often use to buttress your irrational and feeble arguments, it was a legitimate question.

But to answer your question, yes, my mom and many many many others. By the way, I don't need hope. You on the other hand could use a lot of luck.
    RESPONSE: Who are the many, many others you refer to? Togah, Patsgoindown, and the idiots who post on the Indy forum?
    I see that you wish to keep our merry little dialogue alive. Excellent!! I'm looking forward to it.
    No...you don't need hope. You need lots of prayer...and an infusion of brains.

[/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I would take everything PGD says with lots of salt. Most posts of it rant about "weak schedule" and can't even read stats right and definitely hates the Pats. 9 wins against teams BELOW .500, from what I read it is 7 and ANY good team should be beating teams with records below .500. 2 of the Colts 4 losses came against teams with lower than .500 records. Is it a requirement your losses can't be against playoff teams? If anything, a team should always have a tougher time against "peer" teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

Lets keep it cool guys....

Personally, I just can't see how Tomlin wouldn't have spent his week in complete and total FEAR preparing for the Pats in the playoffs (if they had made it) and anyone raising issues like the following:

http://www.boston.com/sports/ot/2009/01/not_so_super.html

simply has no handle on how weather effects the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GA-PatsFan. Show GA-PatsFan's posts

F_ck Shittsburgh & Go-Zona!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]
    Lets keep it cool guys....

Personally, I just can't see how Tomlin wouldn't have spent his week in complete and total FEAR preparing for the Pats in the playoffs (if they had made it) and anyone raising issues like the following:

http://www.boston.com/sports/ot/2009/01/not_so_super.html

simply has no handle on how weather effects the game.
    [/Quote]

Mazz is a Chicago transplant, and understands little about "The Patriot Way"...yet. He fails to take into consideration that, but for a turnover prone half of football in horrific weather, that the Pats have owned the Steelers in this decade.

Who can deny that Matt Cassel was a much different QB by game 16, than he was in game #1? People who know this team and followed their 2008 season closely saw a noticable change in their offensive efficiency by the end of December.

But, Mazz does have a point about the defense. There were, and are, lots of holes. Nonetheless, I stand by my statement that, had the Pats made the playoffs by winning their division, they would have beaten the punchless Ravens in the first round...and would have been a legitimate threat to the Steelers in the AFC title game.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

PatsGoinDown, a/k/a Togah:

Nice try, clown. But I've been posting here long enough to remember how you claimed to be a Dolts fan, when they were on top. That sir makes you a liar. Furthermore, you are a classic coward, who hides behind several different handles, and a front runner.

Get back to cleaning the stables, son.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I've moved on from 2008, but this season is history. Focused on the Celtics, Bruins, and in another month the Red Sox. Boston has so many good sports teams right now. Offseason for the Pats will be fun to watch. Just don't want to get in if's and but's discussions.

Looking at next season schedule doesn't too tough. Atlanta and Carolina have yet to have back to back winning seasons in their team's history, plus we have both of those games at home. New Orleans is average. Tampa Bay new coach on a neutral field in London I can see a down year. Get the Titans and Jags at home, Titans will be tough but beatable. Colts with hopefully Brady/Manning and Texans who I think will be improved are good games. We'll sweep our division. Then Ravens at home should be a good game, and we'll roll McDaniels Broncos team in Denver.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[Quote]There was also a noticable change in the lack of competition that the Pats faced in their last 3 or 4 games, which you fail to mention. The teams that the Pats played down the stretch either already won their division and didn't have anything else to play for (the Arizona Cardinals) or they just plain sucked and didn't make it to the playoffs anyway. Cassell hasn't proven anything yet. How many playoff games has he won? How many critical games against GOOD opponents has he won? Zero in both cases. You were lucky that the Patriots missed the playoffs and avoided a miserable defeat at the hand of the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers. Ha! Ha!

BTW nitwit TexasPat...I am NOT a Colts fan moron. I am a Steelers fan! Just once try to get your facts straight before posting an assinine comment on the internet.[/Quote]

You are pathetic, last month you were a Colts fan last month moron. At least we support our home team and don't jump from team to team Mr. BandwagonGoinDown. Go back to under the bacteria that's under the rock from which you came from.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

TPitty,

Once again, I could't agree with you more. The Pats have truely owned the Steelers this decade which makes it so hard for me to understand how the Steelers destroyed them like they did when they played; obviously both teams were fighting for the playoffs at that point but its obvious to me that, in the playoffs, a different Patriots team would have come to play. Anyway, there is also no doubt that Cassels play took a remarkable leg-up in those final four games and I'm pretty sure it was by that time he became totally battle tested - PGD is way off suggesting that competion could have had some impact. Perhaps in Cassel, the NFL has found itss next Derek Anderson?

As far as Mazz is concerned, again you are right, being from Chicago immeadiately make anything he has to say illegit. (you should mention the residual radioactivity in the area from work on the Manhattan project, that helps to better make the case. Also, he has an Italian surname, so maybe there is something there for you to work in).

But again, we are in total agreement. The Pats could stand-in hit for hit with the toughest of the NFL in 2008. How is Pierre Woods? How did he break his jaw?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[Quote]I've moved on from 2008, but this season is history. Focused on the Celtics, Bruins, and in another month the Red Sox. Boston has so many good sports teams right now. Offseason for the Pats will be fun to watch. Just don't want to get in if's and but's discussions.

Looking at next season schedule doesn't too tough. Atlanta and Carolina have yet to have back to back winning seasons in their team's history, plus we have both of those games at home. New Orleans is average. Tampa Bay new coach on a neutral field in London I can see a down year. Get the Titans and Jags at home, Titans will be tough but beatable. Colts with hopefully Brady/Manning and Texans who I think will be improved are good games. We'll sweep our division. Then Ravens at home should be a good game, and we'll roll McDaniels Broncos team in Denver.[/Quote]

Wiz,

Weren't we "supposed" to sweep our division this year? Two losses, no playoffs, needed only 1 more win..... see the over confident connection? Will you say that, coming off last season's records, that the Pats were going to sweep their division in '08, ever AFTER Brady's injury? Now, be honest. If not, tell us all how scared you were about the JESTS! 4-12 record, or the Fins 1-15.

If nothing else, '08 proved the Pats or ANY NFL team cannot disregard ANY game, or take any opponent too lightly. Bottom line is that Pats cost themselves a playiff spot. They foolishy gave away the Dolt game, and the JESTS! OT loss.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lquintin. Show lquintin's posts

[Quote]
    Pierre Woods got hurt in the Steelers game he took a helmut in the face.

TPitty,

Once again, I could't agree with you more. The Pats have truely owned the Steelers this decade which makes it so hard for me to understand how the Steelers destroyed them like they did when they played; obviously both teams were fighting for the playoffs at that point but its obvious to me that, in the playoffs, a different Patriots team would have come to play. Anyway, there is also no doubt that Cassels play took a remarkable leg-up in those final four games and I'm pretty sure it was by that time he became totally battle tested - PGD is way off suggesting that competion could have had some impact. Perhaps in Cassel, the NFL has found itss next Derek Anderson?

As far as Mazz is concerned, again you are right, being from Chicago immeadiately make anything he has to say illegit. (you should mention the residual radioactivity in the area from work on the Manhattan project, that helps to better make the case. Also, he has an Italian surname, so maybe there is something there for you to work in).

But again, we are in total agreement. The Pats could stand-in hit for hit with the toughest of the NFL in 2008. How is Pierre Woods? How did he break his jaw?
    [/Quote]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Yeah I had them sweeping the division last year too. Trust me BB will keep the Pats focused, but fans like myself who aren't getting paid by the Pats can have confidence. I wouldn't be surprised if Miami comes down to earth a bit finishing 8-8.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It's plain and simple. The Pats did not make the playoffs, even though we killed the Cards down the stretch. With a healthy Brady , our offense is clearly superior to the Steelers offense, however, the Steelers D is much better than the Pats D, right now. Ergo, the Pats have to improve the D to beat the Steelers. 1st against the run, 2nd against the pass....like or not this Steelers D is better than the Giants D we faced in the SB. The Giants D might have a better D Line, but that's it. Secondary and LB corps are both better than the Giants.

As for our division rivals Miami will fall back to reality and the Jets will continue to be a circus (Kellen Clemons at QB )

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]
    ...like or not this Steelers D is better than the Giants D we faced in the SB.

RESPONSE: I completely disagree. The Giants' ability to rush the passer last year was far superior to that of the 2008 Steelers' "D". With DEs Osi Umenyiora, Michael Strahan, and DE/LBs Matthias Kiwanuka and Justin Tuck...thats' far better than the Steelers' group. The quality of a secondary is of little importance when A QB has no time to throw.

The Giants D might have a better D Line, but that's it. Secondary and LB corps are both better than the Giants.

RESPONSE: Again strongly disagree. The Giants' LBs were better. You also fail to compare and contrast the Steelers' 2008 offense, with the Giants' 2007 offense. Clearly, the Giants had the better running game...as well as an edge in the passing attack...due primarily to the abilities of Plaxico Burress in the red zone.
    [/Quote]

The 2007 Giants would have buried this years' Steelers' team. In fact, this years' Giants, without their all-pro set of DEs from last year, beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh around mid-season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from McLovin.. Show McLovin.'s posts

[Quote]

Pierre Woods got hurt in the Steelers game he took a helmut in the face.

[Quote]

That is correct, Pierre Woods broke his jaw when he laid a lick on the Steelers Heath Miller. The irony in that is that its Woods that can't come up, rather than Miller. The Steelers are a nasty team and, based on the play in the AFC Championship game, nasty appears what the AFC North breads. For general health concerns, I think the Patriots gotta be happy they didn't face either the Steelers or the Ravens.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

TPitty,

I know we need to discredit Mazz somehow, but I stumbled across something that blows our theory about him being a "Chicago transplant" out of the water...

"Things just got even better for Boston.com readers, who will have a new voice to turn to starting in September, when Tony Massarotti will bring his astute insight and commentary to Boston.com and The Boston Globe. Massarotti has been one of the leading reporters and columnists in Boston for nearly 20 years, and has a natural love of the city, growing up in Watertown and Waltham and attending Tufts University."

on that basis, seems he might know a little more about the "Patriot Way" than say, someone who lives in Texas. I'm sure we can come up with something....

p.s. Lets hear more about the Miami - Pittsburgh in London last year; you are generating quite a track record for the "facts" that support our positions! In that regard, it's funny that the "Colts fan" PatsGoingDown would have "Reveled" (remember that thread by chance) with me after the Steelers victory in SB XL. But I am sure he is a Colts fan if you posted it.