1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhh. Show dhh's posts

Stick a fork in this season... It's all over

Last year, pretty much every game, the Pats jumped to an early lead and made the other team play one dimensional football. In some ways, the best defense last year was the offense that scored relentlessly.

Certainly won't be the case this year with a career backup at QB. And anybody who thinks Matt Cassel will be Tom Brady circa 2001 is obviously smoking something. He has done absolutely nothing so far (this is his 4th NFL season) to suggest that he will be anything other than a career backup QB.

Pats will probably grind out 17 points or so per game on offense. You know defensive coordinators will force Cassel to beat them with his decision making and accuracy. Don't see Cassel beating other teams with his throwing and decision making.

This means Pats will need lots of help on defense and special teams. And nothing suggests that their special teams will be anything more than ordinary. So it is all on the defense to create turnovers and pretty much shut down the opposing offenses. With an aging LB corps and an eminently beatable secondary, don't see the defense winning games either.

So stick a fork in this season. It is all over. May be 8-8. Wait until next year and hope Brady comes back to his old form.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

Wow, love the enthusiasm. Way to have confidence in your team. I happen to believe they could still go 11-5, 12-4 make the playoffs, and shock the folks who have doubted us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldenlou. Show waldenlou's posts

Yea this is going to be a difficult year, I just hope Brady can come back ready to go in a year...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSCftbll2008. Show BSCftbll2008's posts

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU THE PATS WILL BE FINE. 12-4 ABSOLUTLEY,AFTER WATCHING THE DEBACLES ON THE FIELD THIS WEEK IT SEEMS EXCEPT FOR 2 OR 3 TEAMS EVERYONE NEEDS ALOT OF WORK .KEEP THE FAITH -IN BILL WE TRUST

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

Talking sense, not even close. What, did you get spoiled and forget that sometimes you have to get your hands dirty?

No way the Pats end 8-8 with the schedule this year. Matt Cassell isn't Brady circa 2001 but they are too good to lie down and quit. Thick-headed??? Naw, just loyal and I won't stick a fork into the season until the Pats stop playing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

Talking sense, not even close. What, did you get spoiled and forget that sometimes you have to get your hands dirty?

No way the Pats end 8-8 with the schedule this year. Matt Cassell isn't Brady circa 2001 but they are too good to lie down and quit. Thick-headed??? Naw, just loyal and I won't stick a fork into the season until the Pats stop playing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from majust76. Show majust76's posts

I find it comical when i find fans saying "in bill we trust". I trust BB will revert back to the 42-58 coach he was without Brady.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I just love all the confidence you people show for your team! Why don't you all go to buffalochips.com and talk with Bills fans (who have the most to gain, IMO)? Or jump onto the Favre bandwagon? Either way, you can get off of ours. Brady was a backup QB in 01! And though I'm not suggesting Cassel will be anywhere near as good as Tom over his career, Brady didn't exactly "light it up" in his first season playing. He managed the games, and the TEAM made plays. So by saying the season is done you all are suggesting the other 52 guys on the team are scrubs. I'm as disappointed at this situation as anyone. But I'm not ready to throw in the towel. All you doubters can go now and tackle the "honey do" list on Sundays this fall then! I'll bet your wives will be happy! I'm sticking with my team until week 17, and hopefully longer! This team has too much pride and character to go 8-8, IMO. There are plenty of guys on the roster who can get the job done. I guess it's time for all the naysayers to jump off the "bandwagon". Go follow Favre, just do us all a favor. Once you've left, don't come back! A TRUE fan sticks with his (or her) team through thick and thin! I'll be watching the next 15 games (at least) and cheering Cassel on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

[Quote]1-11.. So whats new on TV this fall???[/Quote]

I don't know what's on this fall, but the Pats will be on deep into the winter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

What happened to the other 4 games? Did we forfit them?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

15 games left and the season is over already? Gee I must have been in a coma.

Football is a team sport! The Patriots have always found a way to be competitive because they play as a team.

Great wide receivers can make an average QB look good.

The 2008 schedule is considered relatively soft.

Cassell is the QB and the Patriots can live with that.

If you do not believe the Pats can compete and make the playoffs go watch the Jets!

dboss

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinjake1966. Show kevinjake1966's posts

come on guys, the Pats will be fine, the predictioins of 1-11 (which is impossible by the way that only adds up to 12) are foolish. Belichick hasn't planned for this? Will they dominate like they did last year? No. however I do believe they'll surprise a lot of people, they are just too good to have a losing season. Just keep supporting them, they've given us some great years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from atmorn. Show atmorn's posts

Cassel will be fine. The team will make some adjustments to the offense, probably run the ball more, but they will still be good. Most likely not 14-15 win good, but at least 10-11 win good. They do still have a lot of good talent on the team. As long as Moss keeps his head in the game, the Pats will still be good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

You are NOT a fan. I expect the Pats to come out and really smack the Jets in the mouth from start to finish, winning easily. No. 4 will have 2 interceptions. One will be run back for a TD. It won't be a close game!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Look everyone, It was obivous Brady was injured before this happened. I read somewhere ( of coarse not verified) that he had a groin injury that he elected not to have surgery on in the off season and also the foot issue. So he will have a year to heal and be better than ever. Of coarse BB may not want him back if Cassel does well!! Just Kidding!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSTEAMER. Show SSTEAMER's posts

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF LAST I SAW THERE WERE 15 GAMES LEFT. ADVERSITY BUILDS CHARACTER. IF YOU THINK THEY ARE GOING TO ROLL OVER AND QUIT MAYBE YOU ARE ROOTING FOR THE WRONG TEAM............

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

EMBRACE THE FAITH IN 08! I dont know about you f@gs but i didnt watch the Pats every sunday to see Brady play I watched to see the PATRIOTS play and those Patriots will still be on the field on sunday, if you fairweather fans want to throw in the towel now and jump ship go a head but when we make the playoffs dont you dare come crawling back. The Matt Cassel train is leaving for New York get on or get the f*ck off!

EMBRACE THE FAITH IN 08!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Now there's what we need, some positive thinking! I knew there had to be some real fans out there who still have faith. There have been 42 Super Bowls, and I'd say 70% (at least) of them were won by someone other than the "best" QB in the league at the time. Even if they don't make it all the way, they still have a legitimate shot at a deep playoff run. I'm sure glad the other 52 guys on the team do not have the same attitude as these naysayers do!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSTEAMER. Show SSTEAMER's posts

WE ARE DOWN BUT WE ARE NOT OUT.......CIRCLE THE WAGONS AND WE ARE NOT IN BUFFALO.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

[Quote]Now there's what we need, some positive thinking! I knew there had to be some real fans out there who still have faith. There have been 42 Super Bowls, and I'd say 70% (at least) of them were won by someone other than the "best" QB in the league at the time. Even if they don't make it all the way, they still have a legitimate shot at a deep playoff run. I'm sure glad the other 52 guys on the team do not have the same attitude as these naysayers do![/Quote]

Very true Bub. If a Gus Ferotte can win one, why not Cassel???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

Stick a fork in your brainless head your moron.

Just one more fair-weather fan falling off the bandwagon.

See ya. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Thats right! and if there was ever a coaching staff that could turna matt cassel into a starting QB it is this one! ALL ABOARD THE MATT CASSEL EXPRESS! NEXT STOP NEW YORK!

EMBRACE THE FAITH IN 08!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

Seriously though, now that the shock & awe are fading from Sunday, I believe in the Patriots as a TEAM.

Remember the SB in 2001, when they were inrtroduced as a team??

I do. We will be fine. Relax and enjoy the Matt Cassel Ride my friends...yee-haw

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

there you go we need some more yee-haws around here lol This year aint over by a long shot!

Sections
Shortcuts