1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Super Bowl Analysis: Who Wins and Why

I 'm taking the Cardinals for two reasons: 1. I hate the Steelers. 2. I said so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

Ward was out most of the Ravens game, and that really didn't stop the Steelers offense. The have many other weapons on offense other than Ward. Plus, the Card's defense shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the Raven's world class defense.

Big Ben and Parker will shred the Card's so called defense, and the Steeler's defense will give both Warner and Fitzgerald an express trip to the nearest emergency room.

Final Score: Steelers 42, Cards 6 in a Super Bowl that only Steelers Nation will think was exciting to watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I'm gonna stick with Arizona winning this game 24-20. Throw all the stats and tendencies and schemes out the window. If the Cardinals take any kind of lead in this game, the Steelers are toast. The Bitchburgh offense is beyond weak and Roethlisberger is the poster boy for Super Bowl flops -- yes, his team (with a generous assist from an officiating crew that was apparently watching some other game) beat Seattle three years ago, but they won in spite of Ben, not because of him or even with an assist from him. The possiblity exists that Arizona will gag on its own spit -- I think most of us have been expecting that for a month now, but as I hate Bitchburgh and all it represents, I will conveniently ignore the likelihood that the Card's are going to wake up next Sunday, realize where they are, and come crashing back to earth.

And plus besides, clearly Jesus is on Arizona's side.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffg316. Show jeffg316's posts

IT will all come down to ball control. If Pittsburgh can't keep the ball in their hands. Zona wins this easy. I believe they found how to run edge effectivbely and this opens up the PA pass wich Warner is one of the best at.

Also, FItzgerald is playing at such a high level right now Pittsburgh is gonna need 3 guys just to contain him. You can Blitz Warner all you want, but he is one of the best at getting the ball out vs. the BLitz and if you leave fitz out in single coverage and blitz, he is gonna burn, and burtn you bad. also, don't forget they have that other guy on the other side of the field.

Mike Tomlin has a lot to plan for and the there is more pressure on the Steelers to show up.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSQB12. Show PATSQB12's posts

It's going to be like a Steeler home game for them. My brother lives in Clearwater and says the Black and Gold is everywere down there, and much more comming in everyday. 80% Black and Gold 20% Red. Unlike most I think The Steelers will get this done. Cards fold, they lost some game's this year Big time by Points. Steelers D will get to Warner.

STEELERS 24

CARDS 17

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I think the Steelers will win, but I am routing for the Cards.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Umie79. Show Umie79's posts

I hate to say it.....but this could be one of those boring Super Bowl blowouts that have littered this game several times.

Something on the order of 41-3.....and I don't mean the Cardinals....lol.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuckyShamrock. Show LuckyShamrock's posts

Arizona 41
    Pittsburgh 35 in overime

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Cardinals 24 Steelers 20. The cards will exploit the Steeler secondary and get a defensive score. Which will be enough to slide by them. I think the steelers will take the cards for granted thinking they already have this one in the bag....

I hope so!
    go cardinals! god, I can't stand the steelers......

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

For this year's SB, it is a more likely scenario the Cardinals can defeat the Steelers versus what was said about the Giants leading up to last year's game. Consider:

The Cardinals offense is geared for nice weather, which they will have in Tampa, and it is clicking on all cylinders. Many thought the Eagles D would have a good chance of bottling up Warner, but, it didn't. Granted, the Steelers D is much different than the Eagles, but, if the Cardinals look at how the Pats handled that D in the first half of their game, it can be beat. Warner is much more savvy QB than Cassel and has that quick release, ala Brady. Steelers also lost to 4 teams, none with the O that the Cardinals have.

Flip side.. Cardinals D is not the Ravens and the Steelers O, is it better than the Eagles O? Ward is an X factor as he will be wearing a brace, how will it impact his mobility? Steelers don't have the downfield play the Cards have, too. Steelers have to control the tempo and keep it low scoring. With that said..

IMHO, an upset in the making, not on the order of last year, but it is here. Cardinals will surpise the Steelers D and get up quick on the Steelers. I don't think they have the D backfield than can cover BOTH WRs. Once it becomes a shooting match, takes the Steelers out of their control offense and they would have to rely on their D to turn it around. Wouldn't surprise me to see a 31 - 28 or 35 - 31 game.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

I'm a Pat's fan and I will be rooting for the Cards. Warner can still throw a pretty good pass and Fitzgerald is worth the price of admission. I sure hope they can get it done. If they can score a touchdown on their first possession that will be great. If so, then I think it will be important to have some kind of a sustained drive on their next possession, even if they don't score.
    The Steelers are going to be tough and they're going to hit hard. I don't think Hines is going to be a big factor which will certainly hurt the Steelers. Ben is big, tough and I respect him.
    I'm thinking Cards 24 Steelers 21

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The two things the Cardinals need to do to win
    this game is protect Warner, and don't give up
    the big play. Holmes can elude defenders in the secondary, give him some space and he will be
    gone. Likewise, they'll need to keep Parker from
    getting to the second level. IMO this game is going
    to be a chessmatch between coaches when the
    Cardinals have the ball. Whisenhunt and Lebeau
    spent three years practicing against each other.
    If they can pick up the blitz and let Warner throw
    the ball he will get it to Larry. And I think he's as
    good as Randy Moss at going up and taking the ball
    away even in double coverage. Obviously, turnovers will be deadly. If they give Ben a short field they
    are doomed. If they can get a lead and win the field
    position battle (plus hold onto the ball), I'd say they
    can win easily. If they get to Warner like the Giants
    got to Brady last year it's Pittsburgh in a rout. I'm
    going to be a Cardinals fan Sunday.

Tex, I agree last year's "upset" was overblown by
    the media. Although it was an upset in that the
    Patriots were 18-0, the teams were a lot closer than
    they made it out to be. I envisioned a close game all
    along. If AZ does win it will be a much bigger upset,
    IMO. Bigger even than NE in SB36. ESPN will bill
    it as the biggest "David and Goliath" story ever!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelerjim58. Show steelerjim58's posts

Gee, why so many Steeler haters here?

Anyway, I think you all like so many others are giving fitzgerald too much love. Granted he is an exceptional player but hardly unstoppable. If you look at what he has done in the post season, better than a third of his total yards came on three catches. One 62 yds, one 42 yds and one 41 yds. Two of those were fleaflickers, the 62 and 42. The key is not to give up the big play. It won't take a super human effort to do that. The Steeler d has played consistently well all year, I don't see a malor letdown against the cardinals.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Gee, why so many Steeler haters here?

Maybe because it's a Patriots board? How about
    because of guys like RETROP and a few other
    trolls. Most likely the same reason I'd find a lot
    of Patriots haters on any Steeler message board.
    It's like you trying to find friends on a Ravens
    board! I'm maybe rooting as much for AZ as
    against Pittsburgh. If this game comes down to
    a few "big" plays, I think the Cards have a good
    shot. If it's a low scoring defensive battle I
    think the Steelers will win. We'll all know in
    about 124 more hours!

Sections
Shortcuts