1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Tedy Bruschi set to return to Pats

The Globe's Mike Reiss reports that Tedy Bruschi and the Patriots have agreed to terms on an undisclosed contract, ensuring that the fan favorite will return for his 13th season with the club, according to a league source.

Are you happy to see Bruschi back in the Pats linebacker mix?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

I love Bruschi.But reality is he has lost a step.When he was subbing ONE position with Junior, it was working.� When he was pressed into fulltime starting, when Colvin went down, the Defense struggled more.They need young talant brought in, it doesn't help that they parted ways with Colvin he was the youngest starting LB they had.� I'm hoping like heck they get lucky and Gholston falls to them, he could bring to this team what McGinest did in his prime, what Merriman brings to the Chargers, and what Taylor brings to the Dolphins.� He is a MUST get IMO for this Defense to really click next year, now that they let their speed rusher go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1344212. Show user_1344212's posts

Thanks, Tedy.� You are the heart of this team.� I admire your resolve and commitment to the team. �

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

Made my night.� First good news in a long time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsies363839. Show patsies363839's posts

can't be considered a drama queen when favre is still around... glad to have you back bru now lets get some young talent that you can show how to play for this team!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaack. Show jaack's posts

Hey.. I like Tedy Bruschi.. but I know he is two step slower than others.. do not argue with me� thats how other team beats new england patriot in middle as throw in middle.. why� he is too slow .. i know that.. it should be big mistake to sign him.. i thought new england patriot should sign faster and youth player to take his spot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricomandog. Show ricomandog's posts

Jaack, I agree!

I love Tedy but it's time for a change. I wouldn't mind seeing him play 50% of the downs, like he was before Colvin got hurt. I think they would have been better off resigning Colvin and forcing the over payed and over rated Thomas into the middle. If Tedy wanted to play he should be the 5th LB. Lets hope Seau doesn't won't to come back too.

Tom B has at least 5 good years left in him, lets do a little rebuilding now. I'd like to see 5-6 new faces on D this year. Only the 3 D linemen, Thomas, Vrabel, and Sanders are full time starters.� Yes, Harrison is long in tooth also.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

NO QUESTION- HAVING TEDY BACK IS GREAT NEWS! Tedy brings everything you want in a leader and player. His character, will, and intesinity is incrediable. Everyone wins with Tedy in a Patriots uniform.�

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundmun. Show sundmun's posts

is it true that his latest contract has a DNR provision?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuschiiiiiiii...................Glad he's back. To all that wanted him to retire............�������� :-p

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Anig7m: I'll drink any koolaid Tedy's serving. His stats this year speak for themself. There are many, many ways his skill and smarts can be utilized on and off the field. He can and will adapt to various schemes. His return is nothing but GOOD news for the franchise and Patriots Nation fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

I love Tedy's leadership and enthusiasm, but he just doesn't have it anymore....if it were for one year with him helping a newbie understand the defense and mentoring the new stud ILB, then great.

I hope BB/SP don't envision this as "now we have ILB taken care of"....cuz we don't.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tredawnt. Show tredawnt's posts

I am happy you are back Tedy. Now I can continue to see that cute little face on the sideline with such emotion. :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaf26. Show jaf26's posts

I appreciate all that Teddy has done for New England and the Patriots, but this is a terrible decision.��At this point, Teddy has lost a step and a half, not half a step -�most of his tackles are 7+ yards downfield.� If they are bringing him back for depth,�then that is one thing - but if he is going to get a lot of snaps then I bet�there are a lot of running backs and OL around the league that are salivating.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

"He led the Patriots in tackles during the regular season (99), as well as solo tackles (69)."

Seems like a no-brainer to me

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldden. Show oldden's posts

Retire spent time with your family. Health is a fragile thing especially�since you have a history of TIA's. Money is not that important.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from john224. Show john224's posts

Tedy is a class act!� Heart and soul of the team, focuses on his job with the team and his family is his number one priority!� His accomplishments on the field are important, but nothing can compare with his come-back from the stroke.� Outstanding human being!� Good to have you back, Tedy!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cardello. Show cardello's posts

I don't see the big deal here, bottom line is our team is better off with Tedy than without him.� Yes, we need to get younger at LB and yes we are in trouble if he is an every down player again next year, but bottom line is if we get younger, it can't be bad having bruschi around them to mentor them in the ways of a patrio,s and if we can't get younger would you rather do the chad brown/monty beisel experiment again?� I'm sure we didn't break the bank, its prolly a 1 year deal.� He's better than alot of the LBs out there at the price we are paying for him and he knows the system.� Do you really think the patriot braintrust doesn't see the deficiencies in Tedy's game at this point in his career.� If we can see them, trust me they know what they are.� �

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

I wish that we could find enough LB's that would make Bruschi expendable next year but its just not going to happen.� Obviously he has lost a step, etc, etc.� But to those of you who think he should retire who do we have, or who can we get that is going to play better?� Personally, I'm psyched he's coming back, if Brown retires (talk about a guy not getting enough attention), the player with the most tenure on the team will be ...Kevin Faulk!??!?� Is that right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

I meant to say Faulk would have the longest tenure AFTER Bruschi

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

�"I truly believe if Belichick is still the coach next year, we get booed as cheater at every away game. Our Superbowls mean nothing now."�And I truly believe you must be referring to the trophies belonging to whatever team it is you root for, if they even have any.� You are not fooling anyone, go away.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Can I be the only one out there that thought that Tedy Bruschi stunk last year? Time after time I would see Tedy get stuffed on running plays and in pass coverage he was always at least 2 steps behind and simply awful. So I'm mystified as to why he will be better next year or at least as inept as he was this year. I don't deny that the guy has a big heart, but the only way I'd sign him again is as a coach.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxbilly. Show redsoxbilly's posts

Hey Eason,Teddy was a�very well known Defensive End stud at AS, not an underachiever....Bad choice of words...He may have been underated as a Pro Footbal LB in his early days.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1970228. Show user_1970228's posts

Trouts,

Couldn't agree any more w/ you. This guys sucked last year and the previous three before that. He is awful as a player but would be a very good coach. Right now, he is an embarrassment to any quality linebacker that has ever played the position. He could be a textbook video for how NOT to play the linebacker position (i.e. circle & run around blocks, never square up in a hole etc...) This guy is good at one thing right now - jumping on a pile or tackled runner after he is already down. The next big hit this guy makes will be his first in 5 years!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from madmiker. Show madmiker's posts

Make no mistake, I love Tedy Bruschi.� As previously stated in other posts, he has been the heart and soul�of this team.� He has handled himself with class and loyalty throughout his career and I appreciate it.� That being said, I am also a realist.� Being a season ticket holder and seeing Tedy play on a regular basis, I feel that his performance as an impact player has declined greatly the past two seasons.� It pains me to�voice my feeling that�he is more of a liability than an asset at this point in his career.� I feel that both he and Seau were greatly exposed (especially in pass coverage) over the last half of this past season and I don't see things getting any better.��I feel that the Patriots�need�to get younger�and more athletic at the middle linbacker position.� Bruschi can�have value as a role player�on this team, but not as an every down linebacker or linebacker in passing situations.� Mike F.�����