1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Tedy Bruschi

well they are saying tedy may go to the IR.could we see him retireing sometime next year?I know he is up there in age,but like troy brown.tedy is also mr.patriot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tedy Bruschi

Moss,

I'll worry about the Bruschi retirement gala when it happens. As it stands right now we just lost *another* body on defense.

Neither Seau nor Colvin looked impressive in that game, and Seau looked about as slow as he can be.

Crable - IR
    Adalius -IR
    Woods -IR
    Bruschi - IR
    Eric Alexander - IR

Here is to hoping that Vince Redd can learn to make an impact, LOL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoLaN87. Show NoLaN87's posts

Tedy Bruschi

He's got one more year left on his contract after this season, I think he'll stay.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Tedy Bruschi

Tedy B. is a great Patriot, but let's face it, he's pretty much a former shell of himself. I think Seau will be more effective against the run, and Guyton should come in on passing situations. In all, I don't see a major drop off on the defense if everyone remains healthy from this point on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Tedy Bruschi

Who's Eric Alexander? Does he play for the Patriots?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Tedy Bruschi

when did they put Woods on IR? Thats news to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Tedy Bruschi

ZB-you also have to figure in seau,and colvin had maybe 2-days to prepare for that game.im sure they will get in game shape by sunday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Tedy Bruschi

mvp-Almost a week ago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tedy Bruschi

LOL. Yes, he plays here. He was our starting linebacker in the 2006 AFC Championship, lol.

He is ahead of Crable and Woods on ahealthy depth chart, and certainly ahead of Colvin or Redd.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Tedy Bruschi

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tedy Bruschi

Moss,

WE can hope. Seau looked really slow in that game, an I am hoping it was the 2 day thing and not just a complete drop off.

I am actually interested in the Colvin experiment. I can't beleive he has fallen so far, because before the injury last season many would have though thim on of the better pure pass rushers in the AFC.

[Quote]ZB-you also have to figure in seau,and colvin had maybe 2-days to prepare for that game.im sure they will get in game shape by sunday.[/Quote]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tedy Bruschi

Ted Johnson for president.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Tedy Bruschi

i really liked ted johnson in his day.wish we had his intensity here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Tedy Bruschi

[Quote]If you painted Ted green he could be the incredible hulk.[/Quote]you got that right.when he was here our defense was relentless.after he left.it went to the bend dont break,and what we have now.i miss that relentless swarming attack we had.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Tedy Bruschi

Yeah, bend but don't break has gotten us nowhere all decade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayWooo763. Show DayWooo763's posts

Tedy Bruschi

I see the Bruschi injury as a great opportunity for Gary Guyton. This guy has really impressed me and I think he could be here in NE for a long while. He has tremendous physical ability and is really getting a lot of experience. Now that Bruschi is down, Guyton really has the chance to impress.

Also, is there any reason why Colvin couldn't slide into the middle in certain situations a la Vrabel? He has been here for a long time and is a smart veteran option who I think could be used in the middle.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Tedy Bruschi

yea mighty- we have won some championships,but it dosent mean we cant improve,or get better.thats what teams do.they try to improve each year.do you think by useing the philosophy of not pointing out something wrong.makes you the perfect fan?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tedy Bruschi

Ted Johnson doesn't chase offensive players. He pulls the earth back to him with the player on it and they crumble at his feet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Tedy Bruschi

harley-my thoughts exactly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Tedy Bruschi

Woah, sorry, i thought you guys loved my sarcasm.

Seriously though, bend but don't break is BB's coaching philosophy, and you can't argue with the results. If we haven't allowed the fewest points this decade, we've got to be pretty darn close.

Everyone always attacks "bend but don't break" on this board and it's really irritating because people act like it's something new but we've been doing it since 2003 when we led the league in points allowed. So forgive me for being sarcastic but I get tired of having to argue this over and over again. Bend but don't break works. The stats, and more important our wins, prove it. Why should we stop doing what has been half the key to our success (the other half being the Greatest QB of All Time)?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tedy Bruschi

m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Tedy Bruschi

much better

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Tedy Bruschi

im also aware that the bend,and dont break has been around.yes we have gotten by with it,and its not a normal thing.it means we are doing enough to get by,and that we are lacking a player,or a certain play.why change it?because the better teams will pick up on something,and take advantage of it.its 2008 where are we at in points allowed?im sure we are not leading.which means something is wrong.which means someone,or something is needed.to have that performance of 2003.and if you think bill is teaching the defense to bend,and dont break your crazy.im sure he would love us to crush teams every week,and not give up hunks of yardage.he may tell the guys to dig in in the redzone,but no-way is it his philosophy for us to bend,and dont break.im not saying the coach is bad,but we need upgrades in players.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Tedy Bruschi

Harley,

I prefer to ignore the trolls. But if I am called upon, I will unleash my devastating rhetorical skills ;-)

Moss,

I don't know how you can say that BB doesn't teach bend but don't break. Since 2003 we've been nowhere near the top of the league in yards allowed but we've consistently been at or near the top in points allowed. That is the definition of bend but don't break. Again, why change what works?

This year the D started off good with a few horrendous games (Miami and San Diego) and then had two more bad games (Jets and Pittsburgh). Against the Jets we gave up 27 points on D in 4 quarters (special teams TD doesn't count) and a field goal in overtime, which sucked. Against the Pitts we held them to 13 points through 2 and half quarters, then gave up 20 points off of 5 turnovers, most of which were returned deep into our own territory. 20 points off of 5 turnovers deep in your territory is not that bad. Against Seattle we gave up 21 points, which is not bad by any standard (not great either), and we had a key stop at the end of the game.

Plus we've got a lot of new players on D in starting positions and backups filling in, so it's only natural for them to give up a little more than guys who have known the system for years. But I think BB will whip them into shape come February.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Tedy Bruschi

mighty-im not saying it dosent work.like harley said the relentless defense we once had is missed.bill has been part of the relentless defenses.with us,and under parcells.I accept whatever we have as long as it works,but it dosent mean i cant wish for better,or that we can get better.im sure bill teaches to our strengths.if there is a handicap somewhere he will draw up something to cover it.why not improve whatever the handicap is?i agree with injuries,and young players play a role.no matter how we win.ill take it.i wont argue with that.like many i want to see our team be better.