1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

Terry Francona

How anyone can bash Tito is beyond my comprehension.� He'll go down as our greatest manager, if he retired today.�� He and Theo are very brillant working toghether.� The day Tito leaves our franchise for any reason, will be one very sad day for RSN.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Terry Francona

Thats right, Terry Francoma is just the greatest thing since White Bread...never seen him make a mistake, never�passes wind�in public, and can put his pants on BOTH legs at a time. I admit that he sure seems like a very nice man, but as a manager he lacks an understanding of in-game strategy that is at times shocking in its severity. Nowadays, he makes a mistake nearly every game by penciling LOSER LUGO into the lineup. If you watch the game threads you will see his many errors-and his good calls-pointed out by posters who realize that he is just mediocre as a strategist.It makes for some nice mid-afternoon soap opera type entertainment for some here when�he hugs the pitcher and �Jon Lester says that Tito is "like a father" to him, but for most fans, it would serve Francoma better to just try to be a good manager.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

Terry Francona

Yes, he is the greatest thing since sliced bread as far as the Sox go.� To win two World Series Championships in 4 years is great and I will always give Tito a pass on anything he does in the future. Perhaps you enjoyed the 86 straight years as losers better. I for one don'tHe is perfect for this team. The players play their butts off for him.� And how many MLB managers have a record of 8 -0 in World Series games????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Terry Francona

Some of the more blatant mistakes that our illustrious manager makes are visible and apparent even to us bums, morons that we are. So if us zeros can see them, why can't Francoma??As for LOSER LUGO, as I have written here many times, there is no longer any cogent arguement that can be made for him playing here in a starting role any more. I play Cora or bring up Lowrie. Lugo is not helping the team in any way,�shape, or form.��

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

Terry Francona

ok idiot moron� toilet breath� you name someone that your stupid mind thinks is better than terry.. you won`t have the guts to name someone�

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbirney. Show tbirney's posts

Terry Francona

If Cora was playing everyday, people would starting bitching about his lack of productivity (2-for14 since his hot start) ... and Lowrie is not ready to play SS everyday.

Lugo will be fine, although his 0-for-19 with RISP as of late is a bit annoying. Of course, that just means "he's due." :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

Terry Francona

all you have to do to put his face up his own crack is to bash him... he is like a 2year old

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbirney. Show tbirney's posts

Terry Francona

Hey Walshy:

Don't let the bashers get to you. Most of them can't let of the fact that the Red Sox aren't losers any longer.

Each time they bash, they look sillier and sillier as the Red Sox -- basking in the afterglow of two WS in four years -- continue to play good ball (at home anyway.)

If you pick apart any game, there is always room to criticize a manger.

BOTTOM LINE: How many Ws and titles does he have. Should be end of discussion, but it won't be.

Then again, that wouldn't be any fun, either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Terry Francona

Geez Joe, now you are just getting me teary eyed....not at Francoma and his heartwarming and fatherly embrace of Lester, but at all of you who are apparently of the opinion that our manager cannot make a mistake that ordinary fans can recognize. It happens Breidey; admit it. When I (or others) point it out to you in the game threads, along with the good things the manager does, you need to keep an open mind that we just might be right.�Oh-and doctors are not always right either. There are times when THE PATIENT is right, and he doctor is wrong. So lets all keep an open mind, if�that is possible for you to do.�

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbredsoxaddict. Show vbredsoxaddict's posts

Terry Francona

he hugs the pitcher and �Jon Lester says that Tito is "like a father" to him, but for most fans, it would serve Francoma better to just try to be a good manager.Pumpsie, a large part of being a good manager is managing the players.� Francona is one of the best at doing that.� The RS have a good mix of superstars, experienced veterans, and youngsters, including some rookies, not to mention Manny who is in a class of his own.� He has some players that are very intense and hot headed, and others who are very subdued and laid back.� As far as I know, every one of these players love and respect Tito.� That kind of relationship between players and manager is another one of those intangibles, but I'd be willing to bet that Tito gets a little extra out his players on the field that other managers would not.� So in short, in giving Lester a hug and sharing that emotional moment with him, Tito is being a good manager.As far as strategy during a game, I have at times questioned some of calls.� But, since I have never managed a game, nor do I deal with the players day in and day out, I have to give Tito the benefit of the doubt.� He knows his team better than anyone else, and he is privy to information that we know nothing about.� Plus, his track record speaks for itself.�

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cujo23. Show cujo23's posts

Terry Francona

Penciling Loser Lugo????� Do you really think Francona has the ability to bench Lugo for the remainder of the season?� Theo and the boys went after Lugo and paid him a large sum of money to be the starting shortstop for this team and won a world series with this guy.� Francona is given the managerial role to "work" the players that are expected to be in those starting roles with some occassional days off and some defensive replacements.� However, you gotta be nuts to think he can make big franchise moves without approval of big brother.� The Redsox are a corporation and if Lugo sits, it will be a stockholder decision!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tahoepow. Show tahoepow's posts

Terry Francona

lugo is far from fine however we don't have an option we are completely stuck with lugo. I am not mad at tito for playing him as he has no option. It is what it is. I think tito does a great job as a manager though he has brought us 2 ws titles and it is just foolish to complain about a guy like that. Now one could argue well lugo helped us win 1 which is true but won despite having the bum out there. It is good to see tito replace him ini the late innings with a lead now. It is funny lugo will have great games sometimes but never in the clutch. He rarely does anything right in the clutch and that to me is what is frustrating about him.

Pete

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Terry Francona

I give Tito credit for doing a good job at creating an atmosphere where players like to work for him. And I think that everyone who is human felt warmth for Jon Lester yesterday what with all he has been through, and Tito expressed that in a way that many of us wish we could have. My point is that�Tito also has his shortcomings, and I believe that in his case it is in the strategy aspect of the regular season games that this becomes�obvious. I�see here that too many people put Francona on a pedestal for worship purposes; in my opinion, he is�fair game for criticism when he makes mistakes-just as we all are.�Not that he is an aweful manager-he isn't. Personally, I do not feel that he has enough of a grasp of in-game strategy to be called a great manager. Rather, he is an OK manager that has clearly been surrounded by very good players thanks to an above average FO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Terry Francona

Cujo, Lugo is consistently hurting the team. If I were manager, I would certainly curtail his playing time severely because it is the right thing to do for the team. I would pinch hit for him regularly and certainly put in more capable replacements for defense if I could not completely bench the LOSER. Will this happen? Probably not. But it IS the right thing to do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmmsw. Show kmmsw's posts

Terry Francona

Oh-and doctors are not always right either. There are times when THE PATIENT is right, and he doctor is wrong. So lets all keep an open mind, if�that is possible for you to do.�
    Perhaps, you should take your own advice.� Of course, things don't work out for both the physician and the manager all the time.�� If one is intelligent one goes out and does the best job they can given what they had to work with that day and the situation that they were put in.�Hell, if�everything works out great if not you try again.�

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Terry Francona

Correct Paul...I do think that he is an above average baseball psychologist, but as a strategist, I think that he makes too many mistakes to be called average. He is below average there; the combination makes him just OK overall. Many of our games are won DESPITE Tito, not because of him. I make it a point to give him props for what he does well; AND he is a fair target when he makes a mistake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Terry Francona

This board is all about opinions; mine are not always the most popular, and sometimes I am proven wrong. I nearly ALWAYS keep an open mind. I make it a point to do that. And I will always feel completely free to speak my mind here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotchandwater. Show scotchandwater's posts

Terry Francona

Last April it seemed unthinkable that Pedroia continued to start at 2B with his anemic average, yet Francona stuck with him.� How did that work out?� We all called for Drew's head, but would you give back his critical grand slam?� Lugo has made some big errors, can't seem to get the ball in the air with one out and a runner on third and hits into far too many double plays (so far), but the alternatives to a .280 hitter with occasional power and better-than-average range at SS are not obvious moves to be made.� I don't agree with everything he does, but Francona deserves better from the faithful than derogative nicknames like "Francoma" and certainly has earned the benefit of the doubt.� If the Red Sox went 162-0, you would probably complain about the run differential.� Try to remember what it was like before 2004 (you know, when you prayed "God, just let them win one before I die").� I love the fact that you care so much (like the rest of us who post here), and I #### about some of his moves when they happen, but try to take a step back and enjoy the fact that we have something going right now that only damn Yankee fans have known in any of our lifetimes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbirney. Show tbirney's posts

Terry Francona

"Again, IMHO, the Sox FO strength is in�the farm system. We oldtimers can remember how poor that used to be but now it is one of the very best. I give credit to Theo and staff for that."
    You said a mouth full. Remember when Greg Blosser and Jeff Sellers were the Sox top prospects. Or, better yet, the Pacific Rim prospects from the Duquette days. True, Francona has flaws, which manager doesn't?To the bashers, what's your assessment of Mike Scoiscia and Joe Girardi? ... Scoiscia is widely considered one of the top managers in baseball, but hasn't taken a playoff game off the Sox.Girardi did a nice job with the Fish. Too early to tell with the Yanks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Terry Francona

Willco, I am just responding to all of you concerned fans here. If you would respect my opinion, there would be no "ranting and raving".

Each of you can believe what you want to believe; as can I.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Terry Francona

Its all good HFX, with the right attitude. Its all for fun, entertainment purposes only.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from winslow1191. Show winslow1191's posts

Terry Francona

>>That's certainly the way I feel about it.� Williams was a good manager and did it without a line-up of all-stars, but didn't do it�long enough to be considered an all timer.� Francona is the best I've seen and I hope he retires here.Of course there will always be the Pumpsies with their heads between their legs blowing smoke you know where, but they are in the minority of the minority and we can just ignore them.Hey, hi, Pumps!!� How's tricksie today?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from winslow1191. Show winslow1191's posts

Terry Francona

>>The answer to that one, nick, is nothing.� And they prove it every single day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from winslow1191. Show winslow1191's posts

Terry Francona

>>On the money, Joe.� Every single word.� The knee surgery one, too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from winslow1191. Show winslow1191's posts

Terry Francona

>>FLASH!!!� Everyone makes mistakes, Pumps.�� Except maybe you.� And I don't think you're talking about mistakes, per se.� You're talking about�decisions that don't go the�way planned.� Talking about them after the fact is called 'second guessing,' a hobby of losers.Not that you're a loser, Pumps, but you do have some of their traits.� How many traits does�it take to make a loser?� You're closing in on it.�

Sections
Shortcuts