1. You have chosen to ignore posts from plorish. Show plorish's posts

Thanks for the memories, Curt...

Schill has guts...and the ingenuity to become a new pitcher after he lost his juice.  He will be missed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BGards. Show BGards's posts

Unfortunately, the Sox got him at the tail end of his career. It was at a time when his big mouth outpaced his talent.  Maybe someday his ego will step out of the way and he will realize no one outside of the media cares about his agenda fueled opinions.

He does great things in the community.  It's unfortunate they have to be overshadowed by his craving for the spotlight.

Silence is true wisdom's best reply.
    -Euripides

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianW16. Show BrianW16's posts

Great pitcher. For all the controversy about his outspoken ways, he backed it up. He filmed a brash truck commercial about "going to Boston to break an 86-year-old curse," and he did. There's no need to debate his politics or attack his character as he transitions to software developer full-time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from typisttoday. Show typisttoday's posts

Curt Schilling should be remembered more for his mouth than his arm.  A sanctimonious wind-bag, he took the Sox for a barrel full of money this season without making a single effort on the field.  Only a fool would believe he didn't already know his arm was shot before signing that extension   There's a reason Schilling was once named one of the most disliked athletes in the country.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Edgarthearmenian. Show Edgarthearmenian's posts

More than anyone else this guy is responsible for the Sox' first championships since almost forever.  A great competitor.  And, by the way, what is so wrong about being outspoken??  The liberal elite doesn't like others to speak out when they dont follow the party line.  Best wishes to a future hall-of-famer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eatkasha. Show eatkasha's posts

I'll always be greatful for Schilling's major role in winning a championship (the man put his career on the line to pitch through a tendon injury!), and his mentoring of a young and promising pitching staff, but I'm still somewhat upset by the way this season panned out. I know Curt didn't want to go out like this, but the fanfare and drama over his contract negotioations last year puts a bit of a damper on the way I'll remember him. He was a great, Hall-of-Fame caliber pitcher, but I have to agree with BGards that his legacy will be overshadowed by WEEI and 38Pitches.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxmace44. Show redsoxmace44's posts

Thank you Curt for delivering in the clutch, saying it like it is and helping to administer the biggest choke job ever in the '04 LCS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattcarpSanDiego. Show mattcarpSanDiego's posts

Curt's critics will rightly criticize him of being an outspoken egomaniac, that didn't see the field in the last year of his renewed contract.  However, any true Red Sox fan would gladly take this tradeoff in exchange for him being instrumental in bringing two world championships to Boston.

There can be no rationale debates questioning his efforts to win or his dedication to several charities.  Love him or hate him as a person, you have to appreciate his contributions to the Red Sox. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattcarpSanDiego. Show mattcarpSanDiego's posts

Curt's critics will rightly criticize him of being an outspoken egomaniac, that didn't see the field in the last year of his renewed contract.  However, any true Red Sox fan would gladly take this tradeoff in exchange for him being instrumental in bringing two world championships to Boston.

There can be no rationale debates questioning his efforts to win or his dedication to several charities.  Love him or hate him as a person, you have to appreciate his contributions to the Red Sox. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ludvig. Show ludvig's posts

[Quote]More than anyone else this guy is responsible for the Sox' first championships since almost forever.  A great competitor.  And, by the way, what is so wrong about being outspoken??  The liberal elite doesn't like others to speak out when they dont follow the party line.  Best wishes to a future hall-of-famer.[/Quote]

I am with you, Edgar. As far as liberals go, they think they are the only ones with freedom of speech. Of course, the far right is just as bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pajamaslavedancer. Show pajamaslavedancer's posts

What about us far right liberals?  Do you like me?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsox452004. Show rsox452004's posts

I'll remember Curt for delivering the World Series title in 2004 after pronouncing that he would do so after signing with the Red Sox.  He made a gutsy move when he allowed Dr. Morgan to suture his ankle tendon.  Schilling showed he really wanted the World Series title after he went out and pitched with on one good leg.  Curt deserves to have a statue erected at Fenway Park and should be immediately enshrined in the Red Sox Hall of Fame once he retires.  Hopefully he will make it into the Major League Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.  Curt was  a money pitcher who backed up his verbal pronouncements.  Thanks for helping deliver two World Series titles.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nesportsfan6013. Show nesportsfan6013's posts

I don't care to hear about the negative comments about Curt Schilling. He helped bring, not one, but two World Series Trophies, that we, as fans, might never have seen in our lifetime! Thanks Curt for coming to Boston and winning two World Series Trophies! I wish you the best for you and your family!   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Taipei1980. Show Taipei1980's posts

Love Him or Hate Him

Schilling defines the pride, the character and the spirit of the Bostonian sportsmanship.

With the heroic, bloody sock, it speaks louder then the dollar amount the player is getting with each check.

No one can pay him enough to sacrifice a future-hall-of-famer to potentially end his entire CAREER just for one playoff game. And remember, at that time, World Series was still nowhere in sight.

Schilling~ may be we are looking at the future Boston Mayor~

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from griswold1000. Show griswold1000's posts

Curt Schilling will be remebered by true Sox fans for his contributions on the field. No one can take that away from him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pajamaslavedancer. Show pajamaslavedancer's posts

And no one can give him enough to surpass John Valentin, Mike Greenwell, or George Scott.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Syxxpac78. Show Syxxpac78's posts

Sure he told people wnat was on his mind at all times, but he delivered on the mound and that's what really counts. He helped deliver the first World Series in 86 and suffered the next year because of his guts in 04'. Plus all this froma guy who was 37 years old when he got here. I don't think he can come back anywhere near 100% at his age, but I'd like to see him remain with the orginization in some capacity. Thanks Schill, best of luck

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeypweiss. Show mikeypweiss's posts

i love curt. but does he have the nerve to keep the 8 million or give it back? we all know he is a hero. but if he keeps 8 million and never throws a pitch this year, then i may have to put him in a list that includes Johnny Demon and Waste Boggs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pajamaslavedancer. Show pajamaslavedancer's posts

Be careful what you wish for.  The only capacity he's qualified is color guy in the booth.  Does anyone really want that?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyct98. Show nyct98's posts

Yes, lets all share wisdom by keeping our mouth shut.  BGards, let is go and enjoy what he gave this town on the mound.  Not sure whom to "roll my eyes" about over the input more, Euripides or you. 

What a passion to get the most out of his ability, by all the hard work and prep for each appearance.  His dad woulda been proud.  Curt, you helped keep 50,000 idiots in the Bronx quiet for a few years now.  For that alone, youre one of a few idols in my sports life. 

Unfortunately, the Sox got him at the tail end of his career. It was at a time when his big mouth outpaced his talent.  Maybe someday his ego will step out of the way and he will realize no one outside of the media cares about his agenda fueled opinions.

He does great things in the community.  It's unfortunate they have to be overshadowed by his craving for the spotlight.

Silence is true wisdom's best reply.
    -Euripides

[/Quote]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pajamaslavedancer. Show pajamaslavedancer's posts

He's entitled to keep the money.  Giving back his contract isn't on the table, nor should it be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyct98. Show nyct98's posts

Wow. pajama must be a Yankees fan with all the logic (or lack, there of).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from readlaw. Show readlaw's posts

What else is there to remember? It is not often you see that kind of courage and determination in sport. Yes Schilling has done plenty of other stuff, some of it not so great (campaigning for Bush--blech) but I will always remember that shining momet of RS glory. Just like Keith Foulke--he did stuff before the last out of the 2004 WS, and no doubt has since--but the magic of that last moment of the 2004 series transcends it all. Schilling has nothing more to prove or disprove as far as I am concerned.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pajamaslavedancer. Show pajamaslavedancer's posts

Integrity? 
    Listen, my distaste for Schelling is actually rather mild, but you have to take his stupid behavior into account when you start throwing out the platitudes like that.  This is the guy who uses his fame to libel other people, gets the whole west coast in a tizzy after attending his first basketball game. and takes it upon himself to air his differences with mgmt very very publicly. 

I beseech everyone to judge the guy on on-the-field merits only.  Because, while off the field he's a complete douchebag, so are most pro athletes, even some everyone respects and adores.   Youk know what I'm talking about?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pajamaslavedancer. Show pajamaslavedancer's posts

[Quote]Wow. pajama must be a Yankees fan with all the logic (or lack, there of).[/Quote]

Actually, it appears I'm the only Red Sox fan who also happens to be a baseball fan posting today.

Sections
Shortcuts