1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

Thanks for the memories, Curt...

With all due respect to Papi, Shill is the greatest post season player in Red Sox history.  We lose in 04 and 07 without him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1259992. Show user_1259992's posts

Curt Schilling is as responsible as anyone on the RedSox for ending the 'Curse'.  His attitude, approach, and personality were exactly what the RedSox organization and over all culture needed to get over that massive hump.  I don't care how much he talked or what he said, he'll always be a major piece in the history of the RedSox franchise.  Best of Luck Curt, I hope we see you back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedecider. Show thedecider's posts

Always enjoyed watching Curt pitch, and he delivered. Can't argue with that part.

But since he also loved to run his mouth about politics, one thing that I'll lways remember, is right after the 2004 WS he went up to NH in Air Force One to campaign with GW Bush. He took full advantage of the moment to shill  for Bush/Cheney. Thanks Curt,  it won't be forgotten.

Maybe now that you're retired, you can head over to Iraq.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Todd51. Show Todd51's posts

Thank you!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from drahcir61. Show drahcir61's posts

He helped win a World Series title which I never thought I'd see in my lifetime & his bloody sock speaks volumes to his determination & folk lore.  I'll continue to flaunt my Schilling tshirt (along with all of the other Sox, Bruins, & C's clothes I own) proudly in Atlanta.

Having said that, I don't particularly like the constant cravings for the spotlight or his opinions on everything but hey, if Jerry Remy can build up his "RemDog" Empire along with "Red Sox Nation President" then I give Schilling the green light to do whatever the hell he wants.

Pick #16 tonight, c'mon B's gimme something good!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from markinFl13. Show markinFl13's posts

[Quote]

Love Him or Hate Him

Schilling defines the pride, the character and the spirit of the Bostonian sportsmanship.

With the heroic, bloody sock, it speaks louder then the dollar amount the player is getting with each check.

No one can pay him enough to sacrifice a future-hall-of-famer to potentially end his entire CAREER just for one playoff game. And remember, at that time, World Series was still nowhere in sight.

Schilling~ may be we are looking at the future Boston Mayor~

[/Quote]
    Absolutely right. How many other athletes — rich, pampered, famous — would have risked millions of dollars and years of stardom to pitch on an ankle that had tendons stapled to the bone that morning? Have you ever seen a photo of Schilling's ankle? http://assets.espn.go.com/media/mlb/2004/1108/photo/ankle_i.jpg
    In my opinion, Curt Schilling never had to do one more thing in a Boston uniform. The words "courage" and "sacrifice" get thrown around a lot, but Curt Schilling showed both for a franchise he had no historical connection with, and no reason to risk his career except his own pride and dedication. As to his outspokenness, how great is it that he was on the Sons of Sam Horn forums before he even signed with the Red Sox? How great is that he talks and shares himself with us, when other athletes won't talk to us, even through the media, or give meaningless cliché answers to everything? How great is it that he and his wife have made themselves part of our community and want to stay here, whether or not he is playing?
    Thank you, Curt. You've got big ones. I will never forget what you did for the Nation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pajamaslavedancer. Show pajamaslavedancer's posts

It was a great moment.  Maybe one that will define a generation.  But based on his personality and performance he's overstayed his welcome.  He was a big part of a magical year.  But he'll never be that guy again.  Hold onto your memories, but let him go.

Meanwhile, we've had 2 NO HITTERS in the past year!!!  And it appears that everything Theo touches turns to gold.  Masterson and even Drew are only the latest examples.  Spending Turkey Day at the Schells was brilliant, but we got what we asked for out of him a while ago.  Its been over for a while.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The guy was all heart and guts on mound and all mouth off the mound.  And he was always entertaining.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

I will personally remember Curt as the man with heart, soul, confidence and desire to have the ball in his hand in any crucial situation.  From helping our team in the pen to playing with a torn tendon their will be very few competitors like Curt we will ever have the pleasure to watch.

Good luck with the surgery pal, we all hope you have a full recovery.  If anyone can it would be you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NightHawkz. Show NightHawkz's posts

[Quote]Curt Schilling should be remembered more for his mouth than his arm. A sanctimonious wind-bag, he took the Sox for a barrel full of money this season without making a single effort on the field. Only a fool would believe he didn't already know his arm was shot before signing that extension There's a reason Schilling was once named one of the most disliked athletes in the country.[/Quote]

I know there was something like that in GQ but I can't imagine anyone giving that credence - I mean that blurb was mostly about the fact that disgruntled and jealous peers of his believe that the bloody sock was doctored. Who cares if it was or wasn't (for the record I believe it was blood). I could care less what the guy says in public - I have the freedom and the wisdom to determine what I want to listen to. Personally I like his website but I think he does open his mouth a bit too much but that is his right. Just like I have to right to disagree, tune in, tune out or agree with him.

As for "taking" the Red Sox - who cares. He had a physical, the RS gambled (just like they did with Colon) but it didn't work out. Unless it is your money directly, it should not affect you in the slightest. If the gamble had paid off and he was pitching for us the post season, you would have been one of those pink hats thanking God they had re-signed Curt.

Curt was part of a great time in red sox baseball. Period.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bceagle90. Show bceagle90's posts

Schilling should run for Governor in 2010....

Heck he can't be any worse than the clown we have right now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotchandwater. Show scotchandwater's posts

For those slamming Curt for being outspoken: At least he puts his name behind everything he says, unlike us anonymous clowns on Internet message boards. If you wouldn't say your drivel to the man directly, you should keep your comments to yourself. Pajama: What have you ever done in your life to merit the attention of millions of people? I completely disagree with Curt's politics but appreciate his candor and willingness to allow others to respond to his thoughts on his blog and on the radio. He is simply taking full advantage of his rights as an American, and has been a true credit to America's Pastime.

Thanks especially for 2004 Curt. Your are certainly in my HOF.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lindawitz1. Show Lindawitz1's posts

I'll be forever grateful to Curt Shilling to have been instrumental in helping to bring 2 World Series Championships to my beloved Boston Red Sox.  I also applaud him for his devoted work with charities - especially ALS (to whom my husband and I lost a dear friend).  I don't agree with his political views, but that doesn't diminish the positive feelings I have for him.  Best of luck and health to you Curt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sneary. Show sneary's posts

Fenway ownership, invite Schill to Fenway for the retirement press conference 20 mins before the game. At game time everybody walk to the field and unveil his number out there in right field. No matter what everybody thinks about him, I think we all agree this should be done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DomX. Show DomX's posts

Big Schill's importance in the Boston Pantheon of Clutch Performances can not be understated.  He willed a World Series Championship in '04, was a major component in it occurring and come up brilliantly. It was the definition of clutch and without it we may never have seen that first World Series win.

For whatever other distractions were around him they are nothing compared to his accomplishments.

Thanks Curt, good luck with the surgery and in whatever you do next. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wb374. Show wb374's posts

I will remember Schill promising to win the world series in 2004 and coming through on that promise.  I will also remember a guy who spoke his mind.  Something we need more of in todays world of cliches by atheletes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marie1953. Show Marie1953's posts

You people are never satisfied.  You complain when the athletes don't speak to the media and you complain equally, or even more so when they do.  Curt Schilling gave the Red Sox and their fans everything he had and more. He is generous with his time and support of charitable causes. In my book he is everything any team could want as its representative.  Thanks Curt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

[Quote]What about us far right liberals?  Do you like me?[/Quote]

theres no such thing as a liberal conservative .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrad. Show paulbrad's posts

No matter how this ends, Schiull should always be remembered for what he did for Red Sox Nation in 2004, leading us to a  title at long last. He may talk too much and  be too opinionated,  but the bloody sock game and the season preceding it should stay in our memories we when recall Schiill.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

can i ask you to post one thing curt said that wasnt well informed?
    because someone disagrees with you makes them not well informed?
    cur is a republican who isnt afraid to say it, somehow that makes him not well informed? i think you are not well informed if you assume that someones opinion is somehow worse than yours, thatis the height of ignorance.
    Curt schilling is a hard working methodic, well organized businessman,  4 things im sure you are not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mittspock. Show mittspock's posts

Curt,
    As a long time suffering Sox fan, thanks for helping to turn the franchise around. I will always remember how you put career on the line to fulfill your promise of a world series victory. Again, Thank you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from curak. Show curak's posts

Good Luck Curt! Thanks for everything you brought to us Red Sox Fans on the field! You deserve to go into the Red Sox Hall of fame. Good luck in the rest of your life. Your politics are yours. Your opinions are yours. The memories of 2004 and 2007 are all of ours! THANK YOU!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from amyredsox3. Show amyredsox3's posts

I don't care what happened with Schilling in 2008.  He was a big part of my team winning a World Series in 2004 AND 2007 and for that, he will always have my support and respect.  I do think he has a big mouth, but it's not his mouth that I will remember him for; it's for his pitching arm, his grit, and his bloody sock.  Thank you Curt for everything you gave to Boston.  Best of luck in whatever you choose to do!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Curt Schilling will be Missed he will always be a Great Pitcher.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from woobie2. Show woobie2's posts

His many distractors can refer to his politics, being verbose when commenting on a current event, or whatever they chose.  Curt remains a gladiator at this address, never giving less than 100%, the epitome of a TEAM player and a perpetual student of the game.  He simply delivered what he said he would deliver in 2004 - a championship.   He carried this team on one leg in the 04 playoffs and shrugged it off, even when it proved to have a lasting effect on his career.  He simply re-invented his way of pitching and ensured that his team would be a viable contender for the next 3 years.  Hall of Fame?  Without a doubt.  But that's trivial.  He will always represent to me that rare combination: a great player and a great teammate.  Curt will alway be my favorite Sox player no matter what the future holds for him.  I wish him the very best.