1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patafan. Show patafan's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

AFTER THE LAST TWO GAMES , IT LOOKS LIKE THE RAYS WILL BE THE NEW CHAMPS . THE WAY WE PLAYED TONIGHT I GOT THE FEELING THAT NOBODY IS GOING TO CATCH THEM . WHEN THEY GET IN THE W.S. THE NATIONAL LEAGUE DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE .

I DON'T THINK DICE K WILL WIN TOMORROW NIGHT EITHER . I WAS HOPING FOR BACK TO BACK CHAMPS BUT AFTER WATCHING THIS GAME I FEEL WE ARE NOT GOING TO .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from undones. Show undones's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

Oh just stop it. Earlier in the season, while fans were upset that the Sox lost this one or that one, someone would jump on and say, It's early, it's early. Well, it's NOT early any longer. It's just about midseason, and I see absolutely NO reason to make me believe that we're going to be in it to win it this season. The sox are not playing good ball, and they haven't been playing good ball. I expect 2nd or 3rd this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfan11394. Show patfan11394's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

i couldnt agree more with udones statement, true dat!! every game is important, you dont just play half the season for no reason and the rays are a great team, fans cant keep saying we will come back because all we are doing by losing to them is giving them confidence and making it harder for us to come back. The rays are for real and arent just going to roll over down the stretch like most people think, hopefully when papi comes back, our offense will be better and hopefully okie gets over whatever s wrong with him and maybe we add another bat to this lineup and a mid reliever, i think july 31 will be a very busy day for theo!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

[Quote]Oh just stop it. Earlier in the season, while fans were upset that the Sox lost this one or that one, someone would jump on and say, It's early, it's early. Well, it's NOT early any longer. It's just about midseason, and I see absolutely NO reason to make me believe that we're going to be in it to win it this season. The sox are not playing good ball, and they haven't been playing good ball. I expect 2nd or 3rd this season.[/Quote]

Damm right is not early anymore.

The sox arent going to get better as the time progresses.

Manny already starting to miss a few days here and there due to his hammy, which usually starts bothering him by the 2nd half.

Once Ortiz returns and Manny gets exposed more on the OF is he going to get better?  and as for Ortiz he will take a while before he starts getting the hang of it again with his bat.

As for the bullpen, i will save it. There is nothing left to be said about it.

While some worry about the upcomming series with the Yanks they still forgeting one thing...

The sox are competing for the Wild Card right now against teams that they might not even face for the rest of the season.

Forget the Yankees, Minnesota is cruising and its just 3 games behind while the A's play the Angels tonight and are just 3 games behind too. If they win they would be 2.5

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marinredsoxfan. Show marinredsoxfan's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

Come on guys, the season has a long way to go. We'll be there in October

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjtek. Show pjtek's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

We will be there in the end no matter what, only difference may be that the rays will be in it too instead of the skankees.  And?   

I have to say, I'm in Tampa right now and went to the game tonight... LOL   It was an odd site!  Rays fans everywhere.  Talking trash big time!  I sat in the whitney bank club area and there was a Rays fan just talking it up about the guys, especially manny. Calling him a queer and saying that everyone was going to need sensativity training because the gay sox were in town. hmmm   Curious.  I can put up with the ignorance and the taunting, but my questions to him and the rest of the "bandwagon fans" is, where were all of you last year when your beloved Rays were in the tank?  Where was all of this trash talking and hoopla?  I was here the same time last year for this series and the "Trop" wasnt even half way full.  It was a sea of Red and chants of Lets go Red Sox broke out every 10 minutes.  Now when we start that chant, the devoted Rays fans Boo!  Again, curious.  My point to all of this?  We'll see.  When its late september and time to get down and dirty... we'll see.   I say, I'm sticking with my sox... I like our chances. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

When the sox get back on track you will then start singing there lodest praises

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

[Quote]Why are you sounding the alarm with half a season left to play? Our offense is in a slump. The Rays are on a roll.

They are a good team playing very well.

We are are an elite team playing very average.[/Quote]excuse me,but
    how in the sam hill are we an elite team when our catcher can
    barely hit .220 and our shortstop can't get the ball out of the
    infield hitting half the time with about15 errors already in the
    season.  Ellsbury is not an "elite" CF , nor is Coco.  Varitek is not
    an "elite" catcher, Lugo is hardly an elite SS !  So if 1/3 of our
    lineup is mediocre or less, how does that make us elite ?? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

[Quote]i couldnt agree more with udones statement, true dat!! every game is important, you dont just play half the season for no reason and the rays are a great team, fans cant keep saying we will come back because all we are doing by losing to them is giving them confidence and making it harder for us to come back. The rays are for real and arent just going to roll over down the stretch like most people think, hopefully when papi comes back, our offense will be better and hopefully okie gets over whatever s wrong with him and maybe we add another bat to this lineup and a mid reliever, i think july 31 will be a very busy day for theo![/Quote] 
    It will take quite a bit more than Papi's return for the Sox to gain
    what they had last year. Manny has slipped in his ability to hit the
    fast ball. Look what Balfour did to him last nite. Varitek is Godawful
    at the plate and Lugo, though a little better offensively is no
    great shakes on defense, either.  Ellsbury is no Sizemore at this
    point, and Drew had his little spree, and is returning to what is
    normal for him. Who says that Papi will hit 2 or 3 home runs a 
    week and a lot of ribbies once he returns.  He might not even
    be back until after Labor Day.By that time we might be looking
    at third place.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

ONE OF THE THINGS THAT BUGS ME ABOUT THE GM OF THE
    SOX IS THAT WE ARE STANDING PAT IN SOME AREAS WHERE
    WE COULD USE VAST IMPROVEMENT. I WANT TO KNOW SERIOUSLY
    WHY WE HAVE NOT DEVELOPED A GOOD HITTING CATCHER TO
    REPLACE VARITEK.  OK....I KNOW HE CAN'T BE A FISK, OR PUDGE
    OR POSADA BUT I WOULD SETTLE FOR A GUY LIKE RUSSEL MARTIN
    OF THE DODGERS; BRIAN MC CANN OF THE BRAVES, OR EVEN
    DIONER NAVARRO WHO IS HITTING OVER 300 AND KILLED US LAST
    NITE. HOW COME THESE OTHER ORGANIZATIONS CAN DEVELOP THIS
    CATCHING TALENT AND WE CANNOT ??  RIGHT ABOUT NOW, EVEN
    INJURY PRONE NOMAR LOOKS GOOD AT SHORT.  {JUST KIDDING-
    I THINK ! }  I WOULD EVEN LIKE TO SEE CASH PLAY PERMANENTLY
    AND BENCH TEK, ALTHOUGH IN THE CURRENT MINDSET IN BOSTON
    THIS IS HERESY.  SO HE WILL GO ON KILLING RALLIES AND SINK
    US IN THE STANDINGS.   WE DO NEED A BAT TO REPLACE MANNY
    SOON, AND WE SHOULD BE IN THE BIDDING WAR WHEN TEIXEIRA
    AND OTHERS BECOME FREE.  WHERE IS IT WRITTEN IN STONE THAT
    TEIXEIRA MUST BE A YANKEE.??  WE COULD MOVE YOUK TO LF AND
    STICK TEX AT FIRST IF NEED BE. HOLLIDAY MIGHT BECOME A FREE
    AGENT IF THE ROCKIES DON'T RESIGN HIM,...SO WHO KNOWS ??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MLNFL. Show MLNFL's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

Face it Sox fans just like the Yankees your team is getting old. Varitek, Manny & Lowell - these guys cant hit strong young pitching.
    Wakefields' walks and wild pitches handed the game to the Rays. He
    is getting older than dirt. Why is he on your team? The desire to win
    seems to be gone after two series wins. The new order is taking over
    in the AL East - and they are going to be here for awhile based on the
    age of their team when compared to the Sox and Yankees. So get used to it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

[Quote]Well if is isn't typical chowdah head moanin about lack of love in the trop. Well guess what, it's our house now, go home! Fast forward, late September, your fighting your way into a wild card slot because our talented team is still in front. Times are changing! BTW, we don't care really about Manny's sexuality, switch hitters still strike out![/Quote]

Seriously, get a hold of yourself, chief.  Each time you open your mouth, you actually regress.  Soon you will be nothing but a slathering pile of nothing on the rug.

Let's review:  Your post shows that you joined this board....today.  To make that easy for you to grasp, that's the day after yesterday, and the day before tomorrow.

Essentially, your argument for why the Rays will win the east is because your team now possesses its own house.  Good work, but realTB fans have known this for a long time.  They've been wondering where you've been, Drewski.  Now they know...the fair weather fans pop up when the team actually has some talent.  But I've been IN the Trop when your own fans, all fifty of them, were raining down boos on their own team.  Nice work, Drewski.  Feel proud.  We should probably assume you were there.

Wow.  Where have you been for the past ten years?  Have you all managed to fit more than 16,000 people in that stadium? 

For your team to actually win the east, it needs quality fans.  Good thing there are others in these threads who can cover for you, Drewski.  You need to concern yourself with something more pressing than a player's "sexuality".  You almost had credibility, too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from amisoxornot. Show amisoxornot's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

Relax people...teams don't go from below .500 records to winning the division in one year in baseball.  Tampa Bay will come back down to earth...every year there is a team in baseball that plays great ball in the first half of the season and everyone freaks out over them.

Sox and Yankees will be 1st and 2nd when the year ends...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dragbunt. Show dragbunt's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

Theo Epstein had better make an addition or two to the Sox bullpen or we won't win the division or be the wildcard. All we have is Papelbon , Delcarmen, and Lopez. No one else in the pen can be trusted. I don't think Okijima will ever return to the form of last year. The league has figured him out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from purushacat. Show purushacat's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

The Rays are winning and in first place???  I live in southwest Florida and know of nothing has significantly changed with the Rays from last or previous years with especially "premium" players.  Yes, a new owner and a new team name but as far as I can tell that's it!

We cannot say the reason is the Red Sox and Yankees are doing poorly, because they are not.  As of a couple of days ago the Red Sox would be in first place in most of the other Divisions in baseball.

Is there something going on here behind the scene or what?  Only last year the Rays played in their usual horrible way and lost, lost and lost.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42Giants. Show 42Giants's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

[Quote]I too was in Tampa last night for the game the trash talk was more than I got at Yankee stadium it was never ending.
    It started in line as fans told me we will be 6 back by next week and the sox will not make the playoffs.
    I told them I think the sox will be first and the Rays will get the Wild Card.
    My son and I were headed to our seats and there was a Billboard on the wall tell Bill Belichech to take the year off to review the tapes.
    I was shocked the team would post such a thing.
    We went to our seats and guys behind me were saying that Nixon was let go because him and Manny had an affair.
    Drunks I thought.
    I had to move my son and I went to another section and sat down
    some Rays fans told us to go back to Boston my son is only 9yrs
    he asked me why the people were being so rude as he is taught it is a game. BE agood sport .
    Good banter back and forth is fun but it needs to say some what clean.
    An older woman in front of us said the only way Boston teams can win is to cheat. and your football team can't even win the Big one.
    Now as far as getting worried about this season Iam not the cream will rise to the top.The Sox are far better than they are playing and I think Tampa is the real deal these two teams will make the playoffs then it will be who is hot The Sox have to much depth to fail.
    Go Red Sox lets not talk back to back but one game at a time.
    lets win tonight. go Dice -k[/Quote]

Hate to say it, but this is why I would never take any of my children to a game at Fenway.  I have been to several stadiums to see various teams play, and even though I live in MA, we were treated the worst by far at Fenway.
    Sorry you had to put up with it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bto. Show bto's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

The Rays are the real deal. they have always had a level of talent. A small market team competing against The Sox and the Yanks. 38 games a year against the Sox and Yanks. Almost a quarter of their schedule. They were never a joke in the past. Average in a very tough division. Now they are winning.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dragbunt. Show dragbunt's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

[Quote]Relax people...teams don't go from below .500 records to winning the division in one year in baseball.  Tampa Bay will come back down to earth...every year there is a team in baseball that plays great ball in the first half of the season and everyone freaks out over them.

Sox and Yankees will be 1st and 2nd when the year ends...[/Quote]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dragbunt. Show dragbunt's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

[Quote]Theo Epstein had better make an addition or two to the Sox bullpen or we won't win the division or be the wildcard. All we have is Papelbon , Delcarmen, and Lopez. No one else in the pen can be trusted. I don't think Okijima will ever return to the form of last year. The league has figured him out.[/Quote]

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nytro. Show Nytro's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

Oh no the sky is falling, the sky is falling, whats gonna happen now, you mean that there's is a posssibilty we might not win the world series for the third time in five years, whoas is me.  Gimme a friggen break it's only game 82 of a 162 game schedule.  I am a Boston transplant now living in the Tampa area.  The attention span of the average fan here is about as long as a fat guys you know what.  When the Bolts won the Stanley Cup a whopping 10,000 fans showed up for the parade.  So all you fair weather fans back home don't put the guns to your head yet.  Mannie, Varitek and Okijima are all in slumps, Ortiz is out of the lineup, Lugo, well he must be a mole from Tampa, Schilling is no more this year, Dice K, who knows whats gonna come from him, and we have three young starting pitchers in the rotation.  If the Sox don't win it all this year there always is the old standby that I've heard since 1959, "Theres always next year."  GO SOX

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fanboy. Show Fanboy's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

Sox have had more road trips/games than anyone else.

Sox are deeper than any other team out there. Once fully healthy, I'd put our boys against the Rays in a 7 game serier any day.

Raye will go into a slump. Dog days of Auguts will get to them. Yeah they might be ther ein the end, but you need experience in the playoffs. They have none. We've veen there, done that. 

With all the injuries and slumps we have gone through, we have the 2nd bext record in the league and can still compete.

Ortiz is vital to this lineup. He will change a lot of things.

We'll be fine. The Rays will find there is added pressure on top. Young kids take some time to adjust. I give them another year or two to be able to be considered a WS threat.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SloopJohn. Show SloopJohn's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

Last year the SOX got lucky, they have talent but they certainly are not even close to the best team in baseball it won't happen this year, in fact Boston teams, except for the Celtics have been very lucky.  The Celtics WERE the best team and they deserved to win the pennant.  The Pats got lucky but the better team won the SUPER BOWL. I'm not saying the RAYS will win it this year but they have young hustling talent, eager to win.  The Sox appear to have the attitude they deserve to win and thats wrong, in baseball and life, you have to work to succeed and the SOX aren't getting it done. Say good night for another 90 years.  Manny and Brady go get your nails done.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SloopJohn. Show SloopJohn's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

[Quote]Hate to say it, but this is why I would never take any of my children to a game at Fenway.  I have been to several stadiums to see various teams play, and even though I live in MA, we were treated the worst by far at Fenway.
    Sorry you had to put up with it.[/Quote]

I agree, I would never go to a game at Fenway because the fans are so in your face rude. Boston fans, ease up on the sucky attitude  in both baseball and football and when you go to Tropicana or any other city to cheer on your team you'll be treated with respect.  Turn around is fair play they say.  You don't see the attitude from any other (better) city ie Chicago, St Louis, Frisco, only in Boston, why is that?? Come on Boston, I thought u were better than that........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from odysseus91. Show odysseus91's posts

THE AMAZIN RAYS

[Quote]

Face it Sox fans just like the Yankees your team is getting old. Varitek, Manny & Lowell - these guys cant hit strong young pitching.
    Wakefields' walks and wild pitches handed the game to the Rays. He
    is getting older than dirt. Why is he on your team? The desire to win
    seems to be gone after two series wins. The new order is taking over
    in the AL East - and they are going to be here for awhile based on the
    age of their team when compared to the Sox and Yankees. So get used to it.

[/Quote]

Yes but unlike the Yankees the Sox have a great farm system and a young player at almost every postition. Wake is a knuckleball pitcher and when do knuckle ball pitchers not issue walks and throw some wild pitchs. He is prolly have the best year of his carreer this year, look at his ERA! Lowell, he is having a great year again this year. Manny is in a fluke but hwo long do you think before he figures it out, he's one of the best righthanded hitters of his era, and tek, he calls the game. There's a reason he's cought four no hitters.
        The Rays are good and i'm glad they're good and they will be around for a while. But look at the sox farm system! Moss, Van Every, Bailey, Bowden, Lowrie, Buckholts, Carter, it goes on and on. Yes the Rays have the best rated farm system in the game but the Sox have the second best. So get used to it, the Sox will be around for a long time to come. And there will be some great battles between them and the Rays!