1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

Why does stinkin' ESPN get to the draft every stinkin' year? Why doesn't the NFL Network cover the draft and give ESPN the boot? And why is it always in NYC? (Must be because of ESPN I'll bet.)

I haven't watched ESPN since 2007 (Yes, it is possible to do folks!) and I do not want to have to tune into them, ever. So again, why isn't the NFL Network carrying coverage of its own draft?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from otto101. Show otto101's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

I thought NFL Network was carrying draft. I've heard them talk about draft day and all. I was looking forward to watching them vs. espn

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

Follow the MONEY!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gnbrvths. Show gnbrvths's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

the nfl network does cover it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

I remember hearing some talk that they might rotate the location of the draft to other NFL cities. Get it out of stinking NY please.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

To be fair, last seaon I honestly preferred ESPN's coverage over that of the NFL Network, but I was flipping back and forth. I suppose you could have shelled out the $65 and spent draft day at Foxboro..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZRob101. Show ZRob101's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

who cares where the draft is? the draft isn't all its cracked up to be, in person, its quite boring.

i went last year and was very dissapointed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

Does it really matter what channel its on? But I do believe the NFL Network and ESPN both cover it. I tend to flip back and forth between those channels. I'm not sure why I bother. It seems like every time I am waiting for the Pats to draft in the last part of the 1st round, they end up trading the pick away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

As an event that is a channel surfer at best, I can't imagine why anyone would care who's carrying it. You're not seriously trying to tell me that people actually tune in for the entirety of ticking clocks and Mel Kiper, Jr., hedging his bets? I suppose I could see myself watching the draft of television, if there wasn't so much paint I had to watch dry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

"on" television, that should probably say.

Unless there is a draft "of" television, too.

That would probably be an even bigger snooze.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

PM,

I just pop in and out to see how things go down. There is some excitement watching NE select.

But to be honest, the coverage gets redundant really quick in the first. And if you follow the draft like I do, you already know how McSahy (Scouts INC) and Rang (Draft Scouts) and Kiper regard these players.

So even the breakdown is old news.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

I think that is partially why one needs to come up with some form of a first round draft drinking game. In fact, I'm almost positive one has to exist. If it didn't, I'd be shocked.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

The NFL Network does cover teh draft in fact they do way more then ESPN does on draft day. what are you talking about?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

I thought of that. You would need a collection of some hard drinking draftniks. But it would be a blast.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

Take a drink every time someone says "moving forward" or "going forward" and you won't make it to round 2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

I think that is partially why one needs to come up with some form of a first round draft drinking game. In fact, I'm almost positive one has to exist. If it didn't, I'd be shocked.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

Is anyone going to go down to teh draft? some friends of mine want to go but i am still thinking on it. I mean I have a feeling if i go i will end up getting into a fight with some Jets fan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

I find the NFL Draft to be one of the most entertaining shows of the season...for the hardcore football fan. I usually set the VCR/DVD player to record it, and go off for the day and work, or spend the day with the family.

But, if you're going to do this, NO RADIOS or TVs!! It will spoil it for you if you already know who drafted whom. Its' great being able to watch the draft at your leisure, uninterrupted by those annoying and repititious commercials...and guess along with the experts as to who goes where.

Last year, I recorded both the ESPN version and the NFL Network version. It was striking to see how much more attention the Pats got on NFL Network. BB gave the Network a long interview...while ESPN got the cold shoulder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

Tex thats hardcore man lol you recorded both hardcore. I also hate watching the commericials so i DVR it and then fast forward through them makes ite go faster as well. I might actually drive down with some friends and represent the Pats at the draft but i am not sure yet, i am straped for cash saving for a wedding and buying my season tickets killed my bank account so i might drive down i might not either way i will be watching the draft. But seriously man recording both just so you can see the difference in the ESPN VS the NFL network is hardcore and you get props for that lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

PrairieMike and ZB. One shot of Jagermeister every time an analyst uses the phrases "upside" or "non-stop motor". You'd be unconscious by mid-second round.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

m

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

Oh, man . . .

I completely forgot about "upside."

Upside is the quintessential outside-the-box thinking that shifts the paradigm going forward.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZRob101. Show ZRob101's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

i'd put the over under on unconsciousness at end of the top 10 picks. i went to the draft last year, but before we used to make a drunk day out of it and did "upside" with beer shots, like a power hour and it got ridiculous, good times, jaeger would be messy haha

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

The draft - Why ESPN?

i'm not sure if the NFL network would ever get exclusive coverage of the draft because of viewership. I'm sure as it is in my area the NFL network only available in a sports package in many areas. I think the only way to watch the draft is if you are drinking and it would probably be a helluva alot more fun if you turned it into a drinking game using those generic analyst phrases