1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

The Hit was not Legal!

I would never want my defensive players "giving up " on a play... but - Pollard only had one place to go. The LEGS!! There is no way he could have hit higher than the knee from his position. HE WENT FOR THE KNEE ... OOPS sorry that's the truth.

What did he think he would dive "up" and take him from the waist???

Morris Should have HELD even more!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

The Hit was not Legal!

[Quote]

Um, see the post above you. One of your own also says Pollard is being held (and facemasked) by Morris.

And since you bring up the officiating in last year's pats-colts game, I will bring up the officiating in the pats colts game in 04, when the colts receivers were mugged all over the field. And all this talk about rules changes. All the colts asked for was that the rules already on the books be enforced. It goes both ways.[/Quote]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tredawnt. Show tredawnt's posts

The Hit was not Legal!

Pats Fans, this shouldn't be a surprise? This is the Patriots we are talking about here. They are most hated team in the NFL today, so I'm not surprised they ruled in favor of that Pollard dude.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

The Hit was not Legal!

sorry guys but Morris' uncalled penalty left pollard no option but to attempt to make the tackle from the ground position. I beg someone to find a rule that says that if a defender is on the ground in the backfield he may not attempt to tackle the QB from that position.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Hit was not Legal!

Underdogg being "man enough" has ntohing to do with this, from where we are sitting Pollard lunged at Brady's leg when he knew that there was no way he could hit him anywhere else other then below the knee and he lunged forward anyways and that is not legal I mean whatever you have the NFL on your side but I really have no idea why you would try and sway a bunch of Pats fans when you know we will continue to think it was a dirty hit no matter what you say. We know where you stand on thi subject thatnks for chiming in but in the future it really is pointless on your part to try and change our minds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mercury22-The-Undefeated. Show Mercury22-The-Undefeated's posts

The Hit was not Legal!

Karma got Brady, not a Chief. Maybe if Belicheat didn't run up scores on teams, falsify injury reports, "interpret rules" differently or allow his team to taunt others (dancing on their mid-field emblem)........
    Funny how the first time Brady is not put on the injury report in 3 years, he gets hurt. Coincidence.......I think not. When Cassel sucks, maybe you can get a straight answer from Belicheat on why he ran up scores with Brady getting so many meaningless TD passes instead of getting Cassel prepared in case of emergency.
    One more piece of karma........Belicheat tried so hard to become like the ONLY undefeated team in NFL history the Dolphins, last year. The UNDEFEATED 1972 Dolphins played almost their entire season winning with A BACK UP QB!!!!! Belicheat will try this season to do the same and will fail miserably. I'll take the Jets or even the Bills to finish ahead of them.

"Is Plax gonna play defense" Tom Brady
    No, but he does play football this season, unlike you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The Hit was not Legal!

[Quote]

Enoch - Did you want Pollard to give up on the play? Of course you did. With Sammy Morris on top of him, what choice did Pollard have to get to the QB? His only option was to lunge. Where does the mentality come from that if you are on the ground you must give up on the play?

Those of you who believe Pollard should be punished for the hit also believe Belichick misinterpretted the video rule. Take off the blinders.[/Quote]

You didn't answer the question, but I didn't think you actually would be able to without contradicting yourself. You seem to see your blinders rather clearly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The Hit was not Legal!

[Quote]Now whom are the "Whiners?"

Your scumbag team hit JP LOSE-man last yr, even worse than dirtball Brady got hit this yr. Even a second rate QB is tougher than leave your pregnat overrated Brady.

You didnt hear the Bills complain, even though it was cheap and dirty, just the way Beliecheat teaches it, practices it, loves it.

Ironically, It did thier team a favor,as The Bills found out what a QB they had in Edwards.
    Thanks Scum bags!!
    Like any good hypocrites would do, they Patsies try to accuse a player of a cheap shot.
    They took cheap shots at EVERYBODY last yr, in a manical attempt to go undeafated.
    In the end, they werent even as good as a 10-6 team that did not cheat, cheap shot, scum bag thier way at anything.
    Just good clean football. The better team won. NYC BABY!!
    Justice is served Denialsville.[/Quote]

Heh heh heh

I love it when the undereducated over-correct themselves. Please learn why we have subjects and objects in the English language before attempting to use pronouns again.

The rest of your post has so many holes, it just adds to the hilarity of your denseness.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Hit was not Legal!

test

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

The Hit was not Legal!

[Quote]

Um, see the post above you. One of your own also says Pollard is being held (and facemasked) by Morris.

And since you bring up the officiating in last year's pats-colts game, I will bring up the officiating in the pats colts game in 04, when the colts receivers were mugged all over the field. And all this talk about rules changes. All the colts asked for was that the rules already on the books be enforced. It goes both ways.[/Quote]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

The Hit was not Legal!

[Quote]

Um, I've watched the play at least 10 times and I still don't see any hold (or facemask). But let's assume for the sake of argument that at some point during the play Pollard was held. Again, does the rule say that it's OK to hit the QB below the knees if the defender was held at some point before he took his "unrestricted" cheap shot? Didn't think so. This is a red herring, just like your "it was Brady's fault for following through" argument. Again, I guarantee you'd be singing a different tune if the shoe was on the other foot this happened to Peyton. Bottom line, like you and your beloved Colts, we'd also like to see the rules enforced as written, just as they were against Wilfork last year. Take the blinders off yourself.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

The Hit was not Legal!

[Quote]

Um, I've watched the play at least 10 times and I still don't see any hold (or facemask). But let's assume for the sake of argument that at some point during the play Pollard was held. Again, does the rule say that it's OK to hit the QB below the knees if the defender was held at some point before he took his "unrestricted" cheap shot? Didn't think so. This is a red herring, just like your "it was Brady's fault for following through" argument. Again, I guarantee you'd be singing a different tune if the shoe was on the other foot this happened to Peyton. Bottom line, like you and your beloved Colts, we'd also like to see the rules enforced as written, just as they were against Wilfork last year. Take the blinders off yourself.[/Quote]

C'mon Norger. Lets have a little levity here. Even your own fans say Pollard was held. Morris had his arm around Pollard's helmet and underneath it. He had him in a head lock. Look, I am perfectly fine with fans not wanting agree with me, but don't lie.

Watch this video from the 40 second mark and and tell me again you don't see a hold or facemask. If not, try a magnifying glass or an opthalmologist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gDhkOhpyhw

Thus, how can you call Pollard's path to Brady unrestricted? He had a guy on top of him. Additionally, when Pollard lunged at Brady, Brady was 3 yards from him. That Brady stepped up twice to make a throw is nothing that Pollard could have anticipated, especially with a guy on his back. And with flagrancy being one of the keys to the punishment, you cannot assume intent.

If you watch the hits on other qbs (losman and Palmer) neither had moved from their spot at the time the move was made to hit them, and both had already released the ball. These circumstance are entirely different than the Brady play.

Additionally, I never said it was Brady's fault. He was playing football and had the ball in his hands and was trying to make a play. So was Pollard. The point is, it is no one's fault. Brady's movement forward put Pollards helmet at Bradys knee and that could not have been anticipated by Pollard and was nothing like the hits on Losman or Palmer.

Again, I think this sucks for the pats, but it was neither intentional or flagrant and I would be just as upset if this happened to Manning. However, I hope that I would be objective enough to see it for what it was.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

The Hit was not Legal!

[Quote]

You didn't answer the question, but I didn't think you actually would be able to without contradicting yourself. You seem to see your blinders rather clearly.[/Quote]

Ok so you want a direct answer to your question as opposed to a general discussion of the issue. Very controlling, but I'll bite.

Had Brady not stepped up, I believe there would have been no hit. Pollard would have grabbed his ankle and tried to pull him down.

Here is a question for you. Given Pollard's location on the ground with Morris over and on his back and Brady 3 yards away with the ball in his hands, how do you think Pollard knew that Brady would step forward (so that he could actually appropriately gauge the timing and distance of his lunge so as to ensure an actual hit to Brady's knee or lower leg) rather than moving possibly left or right or further back?

You see enoch there is no contradiction here, simply asked and answered. Awaiting your response.

By the way, if you cite the rule book as a counter to my question, I also need you cite how Pollard's path was unrestricted and how the hit was flagrant and how the hit was similar to those to Palmer and Losman (except for the accepted fact that all were hit in the knee).

Sections
Shortcuts