1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

The KC Connection? Irony at its best.

You know, I haven't heard a single story that talks about the Irony of KC trading for Matt Cassel and KC being the team that knocked Brady out for the season and actually is the reason Matt Cassel got the popularity last year. Isn't that Ironic?

The best thing about it is Matt is going to a team with no offensive line, or offensive weapons that NE had at his disposal. He will hand the ball off to LJ, throw ALOT to Gonzo, and underthrow Bowe ALOT. By week 4 KC will be second guessing the move, and more then likely Tyler Thigpen might emerge to be the starter. Just watch. It's almost a bit of pay back for taking out Brady. We trade them a 14 million dollar Dud and ruin yet another KC season. Also, that 34th overall pick i'm willing to bet will be a nice addition to our team somewhere. definitely more valuable then Matt cassel. Look at it that way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwa. Show davidwa's posts

rpn,

It is ironic & I don't think any of the players wanted to see TB hurt.

I'm not nearly as pessimistic about MC or as bitter (lol) as you about the trade. I think MC will be a solid starter for KC & within 2 yrs they'll have a winning record. Dorsey will remind people why he was drafted so high when he gets healthy & the OT they got last year early in the draft will be solid also. & KC still has a top pick in this upcoming draft to use also. kudos to Piolo for being proactive for his team with the trade offer.

I think the trade also benefitted the Pats, they have more salary cap room & they'll have a lot of options at #34. It's basically a low 1st round pick. If TB is back to form no one will be complaining.

Also, The Pats have a good relationship with KC that could benefit both teams in the future. It's worked with BB & college teams LSU, Fresno State for example.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I can't understand how so many people are now dissing Cassel. When he led the team to an 11-5 record (and the playoffs were a possibility) everyone was admitting they were wrong about wanting him cut, and claiming he was a top 10 QB in the league. Since he's been traded there's so much trashing of him saying he'll be a bust! As far as those who claim he only did so well in 08 due to Welker, Moss, and a "great" O-line, that's BS. He never really got in synch with Randy, Welker didn't look so great in Miami, and the O-line was beset with injuries all year. As a matter of fact he was one of the top 5 sacked QBs in 08! With Gonzalez and Bowe I believe he will do pretty well in KC. The main reason they sucked last season was due to their defense. A lot of games were lost on the last drive or two when they couldn't stop anyone. Their two losses to SD were by 1 point each! The (perceived) lack of compensation may be a bit puzzling, but they got a pick right where they like them. At 34 they'll get a good player without the huge first round price tag. They cleared a lot of cap room to re-sign some players. And they kept Cassel away from the Jests, where he'd do the most damage to NE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

You hit it on the head bub, and I would like to add the fact that Cassell was drafted by the Pats because of something BB and SP saw in him at USC he impressed them enough to get drafted, signed and STAY onthe team learning from the best in the business for a few years, and knock out a few kinks with 1 year of staring. For all who say he's a complete system QB and will flop out of the system PULL YOUR HEADS OUT!!! It may take a short while to rebuild KC around him but he will be fine. Congratulations and good luck Matt Ihope the next time NE and KC square off your teacher still schools you!! Good Luck in KC!!! GO PATS!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Cassel will be fine in KC the way Shaun Hill is fine in San Francisco and Kyle Orton is fine in Chicago and David Garard is fine in Jacksonville and Sage Rosenfels is fine in Minnesota and Marc Bulger is fine in St. Louis and . . .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

ok, ok they will need to keep him upright!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

KC is a AFC team so all though I liek Cassel and wish him well I dont feel bad saying I hope he falls on his face. Do you really want to see KC winning playoffs games with a QB we gave them? and we gave them for cheap? I like Cassel but he is not a Patriot anymore so i dont feel the need to stay loyal to the guy. I hope to god that Mike Vrabel has his best year yet and everyone who was ok with that trade will feel like retards! Vrabel was so importent to this team and i hate that we traded him, i would much rather see him do well then Cassel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

SP is as smart as they come, he knows Cassell's streanths are his short and medium range accuracy. I bet our 23rd that SP will either draft or bring in guys that are Kevin Faulk like or Wes like.

SP knows what he got and how to use the use. He knows he's a leader and someone that made the most of a great opportunity. I'll admit that I was one of the first ones to say we are done!!! when TB went down. I even said, oh forgive me "bring Jake the snake out of retirement" and i"m not too proud of that.

Back to the point, Cassell will be in the top 5 at the QB maybe not by end of this year but in 2010 he will be in the probowl. All because SP knows how to get the most out of him. Stretch the field and give him some good route runners 10 to 15 yards down the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Bub,

I think Cassell did a heck of a job, but lets not overstate things. Cassell was gifted a team that went 18-0 the previous year and in some cases made other teams look like they were Division 3 doormats.

Additionally the schedule benefitted the pats and Cassell. The AFC East, West and NFC West were all weak. That is 14 of 16 games.

The dominos were set up perfectly last year for Cassell to succeed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

don't get me wrong, I agree he's got an uphill battle in KC. But what I'm saying is that this is not a mistake by KC and one that will blow up in their face. SP knows what he's got in Cassell and what he needs to put in place to make him a sucessful QB. He'll never be Brady, but I think he will be a better manager on the field than most.

If they don't get an OL that can block it doesn't matter, he'll be on his A$$ all season long.