1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the pats next signing will be?

im gonna have to say A LB,or WR.even though the possibilities of a OL,or QB are there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celt16. Show celt16's posts

If Orlando Pace is healty, why not him? Of course, he may be too expensive for Bill's liking...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I really think the law makers on Beacon hill need to pass a law requiring the Pats to sign Jason Taylor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

re-up Wilfork and Mankins, that's it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenmoe. Show jenmoe's posts

Two days ago the Pats was about 12,4M under caps

http://www.patscap.com/

We signs Springs ( 3,5 + poss. incitives = maybe 4,0M ) Bolden ( 2,5M ) Hodel ( i supposed a contract like Hochstein and Hanson : ,745M but ,517M in cap number ) .
    Total about 7,M
    Still 5,4 under caps. We need to sign all draft pick....
    For me now the only poss. signing is a veteran QB with a vateran min. salaries.
    I think we can forget Pace, J.Taylor and multi-million new contract...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

who cares if anyone has seen Tom Brady. I dont. I only want to see him come Football season. What he does on his own time big freaking deal. He has to be doing good, cause if not I believe the Pats would have made a trade or signed a Good QB by now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That is what I have been saying. Unless we see another round of cuts NE is officially done in FA.

They need to preserve some room to sign their picks. Adding even JT at a cheap rate would necesitate letting someone else go.

I am looking to the bench and to the draft to fill that role. And I don't mind because I have questions about what he has left at such an advanced age and coming off a career threatenting (indeed, life threatening) injury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

We need to get a new deal done for Wilfork/Mankins before we sign anyone and that includes Jason Taylor. If we sign Taylor before we get a new deal done for those guys they might walk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

[Quote]We need to get a new deal done for Wilfork/Mankins before we sign anyone and that includes Jason Taylor. If we sign Taylor before we get a new deal done for those guys they might walk.[/Quote]I'm pretty sure Mankins is gone after this year. I dont see the Patriots paying him the 8 mill a year he is going to want.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

well i'd love to see jason taylor sign with us, it would have to be for the vet min. and it would probably be towards the beginning of training camp so he doesn't have to deal with the offseason workouts. he is an amazing player but we only have 5.4 million of free cap space and it should take 4-5 million to sign our draft picks. so we are pretty much done in the FA unless we cut someone or they will play for the vet min.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont care if Mankins wants 10 mill a year we need to resign him. He is the best linemen we have had since Hannah or Armstrong. And Bill pays player who are productive, this myth that he wont break the bank for anyone is BS, if you are still a productive player with your best years ahead of you which Logan is he will give you the money. No way we let mankins walk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

I hope they resign Wilfork and/or Mankins. But I would think BB is pretty much done with Free Agency. They are probably focusing on the Draft now. I think the next signing will be a Waiver Wire player come Training Camp time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffg316. Show jeffg316's posts

rookie contracts that is what is signed next

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

I hate to say it, but Tedy B should retire; that would open up some more cap room. Really, he has lost more of his speed than Vrabel has.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScottJ123. Show ScottJ123's posts

Do we have the Link to this Cap figure I would say we have more 10 to 12 Mill after all the deals we have made. I dont think 5 Mill is where we are at right now unless someone has a link ???
    Scott J
    Taylor 2.5
    Springs 3.4
    Boeden 750,000
    Baker Cant be that much ??
    I know actual cap number go up But

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

[Quote]I dont care if Mankins wants 10 mill a year we need to resign him. He is the best linemen we have had since Hannah or Armstrong. And Bill pays player who are productive, this myth that he wont break the bank for anyone is BS, if you are still a productive player with your best years ahead of you which Logan is he will give you the money. No way we let mankins walk.[/Quote]

Mankins is good, MVP, but not as good as you claim. The Giants lineman overpowered him in the Super Bowl and he has had trouble with Buffalo linemen or any that are very quick. he also does not pick up the blitz very well. Keep him, yes but do not overpay

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[Quote]Do we have the Link to this Cap figure I would say we have more 10 to 12 Mill after all the deals we have made. I dont think 5 Mill is where we are at right now unless someone has a link ???
    Scott J
    Taylor 2.5
    Springs 3.4
    Boeden 750,000
    Baker Cant be that much ??
    I know actual cap number go up But[/Quote]Bodden is 2.25 million.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think somewhere around $7 million would be fair for Mankins. If he wants $10 million . . . c-ya!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

if the pats have just 5-million left,and they have to sign there draft picks.so no there may not be any more signings,but also there may not be any contract extensions.maybe just one player.plus the possibility of many of there draft picks being traded away.its hard to say.i could see them going after players that can start this year,and trade a few of there draft picks for next year.for they will have 22-guys being free-agents.and im sure many wont return.which means free up cap space to work the extra draft picks for 2010 with.5-million under the cap.i cant see doing much this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

how they figure it out,i guess we will know in time.if the redskins can sign two guys at 150 million with just 2.8 million in cap space.the pats should do wonders with 5-million in cap space.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That is almost 4 guys at $300 million.LOL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

For those who are looking for the Pats Cap info, here is a link to an unofficial site that tries to keep up with the Pats cap numbers.

Here is a blurb from the site:

Last updated on March 11, 2009 8:00 PM EDT
    The following figures include the cap impact of the Fred Taylor, Leigh Bodden and Greg Lewis acquistions and my guesstimates at the cap impact of the James Sanders, Nathan Hodel, Russ Hochstein, and Chris Hanson signings. They do NOT include the cap impact of the Shawn Springs signing. According to my figures the Patriots' 2009 cap figure is $118,485,018 with 59 signed or tendered players. The 2009 salary cap is $127,050,000. The Patriots' 2009 adjusted cap is $128,884,466. I like to thank Adamjt13 for providing the information about the Patriots' adjusted cap number. So I have the Pats under their adjusted cap by about $10.4 million.
    DISCLAIMERS - My numbers are a snapshot in time. Things will change between the as of date and a future date.

This guy is usually pretty close and gives a good idea as to what the Cap numbers are. I say with 10 million cap space there is enough room to sign Jason Taylor and all the draft picks..... :) and trade for Ocho-Cinco!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenmoe. Show jenmoe's posts

This is a link for cap figure :

Today we can see the Pats 10,4M under caps but Springs contract impact is not include. So we have a max. of 7M under and we don't know the Spring incentives ( another ,750M ?? )

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenmoe. Show jenmoe's posts

oups...sorry... same link.
    i was a little bit late ....