1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Umie79. Show Umie79's posts

The sap really dripping for Dungy

Ok I get it. Tony Dungy is a nice man, a good guy. He is a good head football coach. But judging from some of the articles I have read about him since the retirement I have to say....enough already.

I'm expecting the canonization announcement from the Pope any time now.

Seriously, if you read some of these columns you would think we should be addressing him as Saint Tony. The funny part about it, is that Tony Dungy really is laid back and would be the first to say he is embarrassed by any article that paints him to be anything but an ordinary guy.

He is obviously not your avarage Joe. He was a head football coach in the NFL and that takes some talent. But please spare us the platitudes about how he is practically saving the world. Right now Dungy appears to be running a close 2nd to the messiah Barack Obama in terms of the effect he will have on the world.

To Mr Dungy....good luck in your retirement. You were a good coach and I am sure you are a nice guy. But not THAT good.....nobody is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Rumor has it that some Dolts fans want to immortalize Dungy forever, and will have him bronzed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Well said Umie. But some Pats fans on here have been downright vicious toward Dungy, which is uncalled for.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

People say nice things about you when you treat them with respect. This, I know, is foreign to you given your allegience to your coach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

some people just dont like super religous people like Dungy, and the media doesnt help they are always going on and on about the Evil Pats and the Golden Colts and that just makes it worse. I persoanlly hated Dungy, i think he is a overated, and not even half the coach Bill Belichick is he can have his moral high ground. Everyone acts like this guy just ran for president or something, all though they are both light skinned black men please dont confuse Obama with Dungy because one is an importent figure in history and one is a above average football coach.

And whats new about Pats fans being vicious towards Dungy mighty? this is how most of us always act when talking about Dungy why would that change? Cause he is calling it quits? should we lie and say we liked him? should we be fake and say what a great coach he was or what a mark he has left on the sport? Or should we all just speak what we think and not hold back? i am going to go withthe latter. Tony Dungy is not teh saint they make him out to be and as far as head coaches go I never relaly thought he was anything great to begin with he was just lucky enough to coach a team with a franchise QB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You mean our coach who has 5 super bowl rings? as opposed to your coach who has 1 super bowl rings? Bill Belichick shows the right amount of respect to every team and coach he plays. you might not agree with that but thats why your not a football coach. if you want to see people kissing and holding hands at the end of the game then you should start watching figure skating.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Two words come to mind whenever I think of Tony Dungy: Mute button.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

F him, indylove style.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

One and done-gy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Umie79. Show Umie79's posts

[Quote]Well said Umie. But some Pats fans on here have been downright vicious toward Dungy, which is uncalled for.[/Quote]

No need to be vicious but I will tell it like it is. Dungy is a good but not great head coach. His regular season record is admirable but his postseason failures have defined him, maybe unfairly. BB is the far superior head coach, that is a fact and it is undeniable.

Is Dungy a good guy ? Probably but I don't know him personally. I can tell you one thing, he is not the saint that he is being portrayed as. Nobody is that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

mvp - people don't like super religious people. Hmmm. Yet, he is being praised in every corner for who he is.

As for the pats being evil. I think that really is a reflection of the coach, who refuses to shake other coaches hands and runs away from people in a loss, and secretly tapes like Nixon. Well, and maybe also because of your dirtiest player in the league harrison, and your eye poking nose tackle wilfork, and well most considered bruschi dirty until he miraculously recovered from his stroke (great story by the way).

Heck, maybe the pats are evil.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Honestly - the ONLY reason Dungy was around so long was olny because hes black. Any other coach with that many playoff chokes would have been critized to no end..Look at the grief Schottenheimer got!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

cc - lets pass over your racial comment and get to the meat.

Dungy won a superbowl. Isn't that the goal? Correct me if I am wrong. Schottenheimer never got to the superbowl. But maybe if he had been given another year and Brees hadn't been let go, he would have gotten there.

I honestly wonder if Spanos' dementia was getting to him and he either made a bad decision or was impatient knowing his health was deteriorating.

It took cowher 14 years with Pitt to get an SB. dungy did it in his 5th with Indy.

Try using your brain before commenting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Racial comment for saying Dungy is black??? Get a CLUE!!! ALL we heard in 05 was how 2 BLACK head coaches could possibly meet in Superbowl...I spose that was "racist"as well????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Umie79. Show Umie79's posts

[Quote]mvp - people don't like super religious people. Hmmm. Yet, he is being praised in every corner for who he is.

As for the pats being evil. I think that really is a reflection of the coach, who refuses to shake other coaches hands and runs away from people in a loss, and secretly tapes like Nixon. Well, and maybe also because of your dirtiest player in the league harrison, and your eye poking nose tackle wilfork, and well most considered bruschi dirty until he miraculously recovered from his stroke (great story by the way).

Heck, maybe the pats are evil.[/Quote]

As I don't know Dungy personally, neither do you know BB. You seem somewhat intelligent so I have to believe that you realize the videotaping thing was the most overblown story in the history of sports. Hell, Jimmy Johnson even admitted it to doing it.

I have never seen BB not shakes hands with another coach except maybe turncoat Mangini. And how would you feel if someone you molded and gave them a chance to be a major success wound up stabbing you in the back ?

I can't talk about Dungy on a personal level, but I doubt he is the saint he is painted out to be. But that's not a bad thing. Nobody is a saint.

But if you want to talk about who is the better head coach, it's BB over Dungy hands down. On that there is really no debate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Like a fart ; He can now fade away.

Question is ; Does this take any fun out of playing Indy? Some maybe but I think we'll still enjoy it as long as crybaby is there.
    I think teams can't be really satisfied beating us this year without Tommy at QB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnPatsGuy. Show MinnPatsGuy's posts

Tony Dungy is a hateful little Christian. Frankly I'm glad to see him out of the league where he won't be painted as the Patron Saint of the NFL.
    Bill is twice the coach Dungy could hope to be. Good bye once and for all Tony. I'm sick and tired of hearing how great a person you are. We all know your hatred for homosexuals. Does that mean you're doing God's work? I think not.
    Goodbye Tony.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Dungy didn't 'retire'. After last season's embarrassing home loss to the Chargers in the playoffs, Irsay gave him an ultimatum: Either resign now or you'll be fired. Then they came to the resolution to name his successor and have him come back another year. Dungy's 'retirement' yesterday was just a formality.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimFromSouthie. Show TimFromSouthie's posts

Indylove:

On the subject of cheating ... you guys really perfected that illegal pick play, otherwise called a "bubble screen." Gonzalez and Harrison or Gonzalez and Wayne.
    It worked really, really well. Congratulations to Polian for bullying the Committee!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

Question is ; Does this take any fun out of playing Indy?

If the Colts get the right person the rivalry will only get better. Dungy was a good coach and deserves some of the accolades, but if a better coach comes in, which is quite possible, and Indy doesn't choke in the playoffs St. Tony will quickly become yesterdays news.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

MinnPatsGuy...you speak with very sharp tongue and have very straight arrow...