1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mercury22-The-Undefeated. Show Mercury22-The-Undefeated's posts

The sap really dripping for Dungy

Dungy: 127-65 and 1 SB
    Belicheat: 127-81 and 3 SB*

(*) Illegal videotaping

Hmmmmmm....I'll take Dungy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

Mercury22-The-Undefeated-2 534291 Member since: 06/17/2008 Comments: 16 1/13/2009 2:12:45 PM Dungy: 127-65 and 1 SB Belicheat: 127-81 and 3 SB* (*) Illegal videotaping Hmmmmmm....I'll take Dungy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

Mercury22-The-Undefeated-2 534291 Member since: 06/17/2008 Comments: 16 1/13/2009 2:12:45 PM Dungy: 127-65 and 1 SB Belicheat: 127-81 and 3 SB* (*) Illegal videotaping Hmmmmmm....I'll take Dungy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

Mercury22-The-Undefeated-2 534291 Member since: 06/17/2008 Comments: 16 1/13/2009 2:12:45 PM Dungy: 127-65 and 1 SB Belicheat: 127-81 and 3 SB* (*) Illegal videotaping Hmmmmmm....I'll take Dungy Where did these numbers come from I just could find them I did find Dungy 139-69-0 Playoffs 9-10 and BB 138-86-0 Playoffs 15-4 both teams 19 playoff contests which team came out with more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mercury22-The-Undefeated. Show Mercury22-The-Undefeated's posts

[Quote]Dungy didn't 'retire'. After last season's embarrassing home loss to the Chargers in the playoffs, Irsay gave him an ultimatum: Either resign now or you'll be fired. Then they came to the resolution to name his successor and have him come back another year. Dungy's 'retirement' yesterday was just a formality.[/Quote]

Yea.....and JFK is alive and drinking margarita's with Elvis.......lay down the crack pipe Hater!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mercury22-The-Undefeated. Show Mercury22-The-Undefeated's posts

According that reasoning Belicheat must smoke a lot of pot with Moss, Willie Andrews and Faulk, take and distribute Oxycontin with Kaczur, take HGH with Harrison and shoot at people with Merriweather.
    Hmmm....yea....I'll still take Dungy!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[Quote]some people just dont like super religous people like Dungy, and the media doesnt help they are always going on and on about the Evil Pats and the Golden Colts and that just makes it worse. I persoanlly hated Dungy, i think he is a overated, and not even half the coach Bill Belichick is he can have his moral high ground. Everyone acts like this guy just ran for president or something, all though they are both light skinned black men please dont confuse Obama with Dungy because one is an importent figure in history and one is a above average football coach.

And whats new about Pats fans being vicious towards Dungy mighty? this is how most of us always act when talking about Dungy why would that change? Cause he is calling it quits? should we lie and say we liked him? should we be fake and say what a great coach he was or what a mark he has left on the sport? Or should we all just speak what we think and not hold back? i am going to go withthe latter. Tony Dungy is not teh saint they make him out to be and as far as head coaches go I never relaly thought he was anything great to begin with he was just lucky enough to coach a team with a franchise QB.[/Quote]

Slightly off-topic but...the only colts this gal worships are the real 4-hooved variety. Paper ponies don't impress me, most especially not the 'barn manager'. hee hee

Respectfully,
    Your resident [former] equestrienne. (No really, I was at one time.)

Laurie

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mercury22-The-Undefeated. Show Mercury22-The-Undefeated's posts

Dude, no apologies needed. If my team collapsed and choked away a huge second half lead in the 2006 AFC Championship Game that surely would have gotten them a Super Bowl win (the Bears would have been crushed by the Patsies) to Dungy's team, I would be angry too. Then just add in the failed Path to Perfection, and I would probably be in a clock tower with a sniper rifle.
    Try medication...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Indylove, people all over the place are praising him you are right about that but who is doing teh praising? The nationinal media? Do you really expect people like ESPN to tackle the hard topics and talk about religion? or the NFL people? Or anyone in the spot light? People in the spot light dont get to say what they truely think about a guy liek Dungy, sure some or most of the praise he gets in genuine but for you to sit here and act like no one dissagree's with his politics is just plain dumb.

What I said was that SOME people just dont like religion and that is true some people just dont get down on stuff like that some people beleave in Science some people beleave that Gay people have a right ot get married these people are out there and that is all I was saying. There are sinicle people out there that make jopkes about Dungy and his faith just because its easy and it makes people mad and some of us genuinly dont like people like Dungy, i personally find super religious people like Dungy to be fake and some how currupt thats just the way I see it, this was all said because someone said they didnt get why people were being so vicious towards Dungy and that is my explanation, some people just dont like super religious people and if you think all those people giving him praise for the person he is and the stuff he preaches are doing it from the bottom of their hearts you are either 12 years old or stupid because at least a few of those people are only saying it because thats what they get paid to say, if you expect ESPN to give you a ground breaking news show where they say what they really think about people like Dungy then you have no clue. This is the internet and fans like me and others can ay whatever we feel like and be as mean as we want media members and people in the public eye dont have the same rules we have.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Kevin Faulk passed a drug test, Willie Andrews was cut as soon as he was arrested, and Merriwhether used his gun in college not the pro's so none of those 3 people should have been mentioned in your little attempt to be funny. With that said I hope Belichick smokes a crap load of weed with Moss and whoever else wants to get down on that, not an issue from where I sit.

smoking weed VS shooting someone.....hmmmm I am going to go with weed smoking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

NFL coaches are public figures and are therefore subject to judgment (right or wrong) by people who don't know them. The Colts are and have been my favorite team's biggest rival for some time now. I don't like them. I don't like their coach. I don't like their quarterback. I don't like anything about them. I consider that my right as a fan. I don't like Bill Cowher or Don Shula or John Madden either. But I dislike as personalities, not as people. For all I know, they might all be great guys, but as a Pats fan, I'm not interested in knowing that. If the medial wants to pretend Tony Dungy is Jesus incarnate, that's its business; but it has nothing to do with why I think Tony Dungy is a jackass.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Hell hath just freezed over, folks. A pats fan complained about the colts snapping the football before the defense was ready. chuckle.

Yeoman - "stupider pastures in Indiana. Corn as high as an elephants eye but spheroidheads the size of a banana". - happy to have the small head. Much much better than to be outfitted with it than your small mind.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

so you are just going to ignore what I said huh Indy?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mercury22-The-Undefeated. Show Mercury22-The-Undefeated's posts

Blah, blah, blah......Bottom line is your coach is a anti-social, phychotic, cheating, poor loser and you take shots at Dungy because he believes in God. Now all your hatred can be directed toward Manning, Rothlisberger, Mangini, the Wildcat, Plaxico, the Giants, Pioli, McDaniels, spygate, Bernard Pollard, etc. Get over yourself. You're just haters. I will enjoy watching the continued decline and fall of a classless team and fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

yea cause Mercury the crack head/ dealer has soooo much class! and Bill Parcells has soooo much class and Tony Sporano has sooooo much class talk about getting over youself you need to take a look at yourself before you say that. And i did not realize that going 11-5 and tieing for teh Div lead was a team on the decline i guess you have done so much crack over teh years that you forget that a winning record is a sign of a team on the rise not on the decline but you tell yourself whatever you need to so you can get past the nightmares you have about teh day Brady comes back and sets us right back on course for another super bowl ring. How many rings to the Dolphins have again? and how long ago was it that the Phins won anything? Hey did Dan Marino ever get a ring? didnt think so.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollsarefools. Show trollsarefools's posts

[Quote]

Hell hath just freezed over, folks. A pats fan complained about the colts snapping the football before the defense was ready. chuckle.

Yeoman - "stupider pastures in Indiana. Corn as high as an elephants eye but spheroidheads the size of a banana". - happy to have the small head. Much much better than to be outfitted with it than your small mind.

Indy you'll just have to ignore yeoman we all do here. His entire repertoire here are stupid responses that make no sense to anyone...we are embarrassed that it posts here on a regular basis.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Where does this Belichik being an "evil" guy come from?? Hes in studio on EEI every Monday after the game, hes quite comfortable with the announcers, he does a great segment on coaching techniques on Patriots all access every week, and when hes on Nantucket, hes a regular guy...My cousin lives there and sees him all the time. Hes loved in the restaraunts, cause hes a great tipper as well!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Dungy appears to be naturally outgoing and personable. People like that are attractive to everybody. When both he and BB are asked the same question about their teams, Dungy is all smiles while BB answers matter of factly with rarely a smile breaking his "all business" demeanor. Reporters, and fans outside of NE (maybe even some NE fans) don't like that. There are many coaches in history like BB and many like Dungy. Both will be inducted into the HoF based on their football successes, personality is not the criteria to get in.

With that said, I agree it is getting quite sappy in the press about Dungy. He is one of those "good guys" who finish first. I recall in business a client of mine said this: " I trust you as a business person who can help me meet my needs, I am not asking you to be my friend.". I think the press is thinking that BB must be their friend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

Tony Dungy - Good coach, nice guy I’m sure, and players liked him..... Great.

Lets leave it at that. Please stop all the santimonium adnausuim! It is disrespectful for every other winning coach who won a championship and retired without all the fanfare.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

MVP

Because you wanted a response -

In the media, generally when a disliked person is to be recognized, it is short and sweet or maybe even passed over and not commented on. That is not the case with Dungy. No one has a bad thing to say about him because he is respectful to everyone.

As for Dungy's politics, I am not aware of him making political statements. Does he have a position on gay marriage, I am sure he does. If he is against it, that has nothing to do with hating gays (as some here have suggested). My wife voted differently than me and has some opposing opinions. That doesn't mean I hate her.

There are plenty of religious people who are fake. Frequently, they run afoul of the law or their congregation or their faith and are exposed like Jim Bakker or Jimmy Swaggert. But just as every wall street investment banker is not like bernard madoff, not every christian is like Jim Bakker.

If you apply a single rule to all people who fall into a specific catagory, then you have no business liking belichick. What it turns out to be is that you have selective hatred based on your own bias.