1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

The sap really dripping for Dungy

Hatred may not be the right word even tho your post is on target. And speaking of selective hatred based on bias, religious fruitcakes who are associated with winners and spend a lot of time talking to the media, are treated like deities. Those like Jon Kitna, who play for losers, are ignored.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Speaking of which, Dungy does not speak to the media about his religion unless asked. He did write a book that was widely hailed and a NYT #1 best seller

Dungy does not hide from his religion, but he also does not shove it down the public's throat at times when that is not the point of public discussion.

I reiterate, I find pats fans jealousy of Dungy quite amusing given that you have a coach that has won multiple superbowls. Is it because you wish Belichick was as decent as dungy? Is it because dungy commands public attention without even trying while belichick doesn't? Honestly, I don't get it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Umie79. Show Umie79's posts

[Quote]MVP

Because you wanted a response -

In the media, generally when a disliked person is to be recognized, it is short and sweet or maybe even passed over and not commented on. That is not the case with Dungy. No one has a bad thing to say about him because he is respectful to everyone.

As for Dungy's politics, I am not aware of him making political statements. Does he have a position on gay marriage, I am sure he does. If he is against it, that has nothing to do with hating gays (as some here have suggested). My wife voted differently than me and has some opposing opinions. That doesn't mean I hate her.

There are plenty of religious people who are fake. Frequently, they run afoul of the law or their congregation or their faith and are exposed like Jim Bakker or Jimmy Swaggert. But just as every wall street investment banker is not like bernard madoff, not every christian is like Jim Bakker.

If you apply a single rule to all people who fall into a specific catagory, then you have no business liking belichick. What it turns out to be is that you have selective hatred based on your own bias.[/Quote]

Actually a very well thought out post here. Can't argue with any of the points that were made.

My point in the original post was based on reading some articles that practically elevated Tony Dungy to near godlike status.

You may think BB is horrible and that Dungy is a saint. The truth is that BB is not nearly as bad as he is portrayed by the media and Dungy is not nearly as good. As always, it's somewhere in the middle.

The media types do hold grudges. Dungy is soft spoken and accomodating to the media while BB is surly and could care less about them. If I had to deal with the media I would be more like BB. Just listen to some press conferences, some of the questions that are asked are the dumbest questions you can imagine. And they are asked over and over week after week. And don't try to compare the Indy media with the Boston media....that dog won't hunt.

But if you don't kiss the butts of the media, they will get you back. ESPN is a perfect example. Many reporters on there can't stand the Patriots because BB really is not accomodating to them at all. Chris Mortenson and John Clayton are perfect examples. They are the "investigative" branch of PeeSPN. The can dig up dirt and information on other teams on a weekly basis but can't do that with the Patriots because the Patriots are so tight lipped. They hate that. Thus they get back at the Patriots by certain cmments they make on the air, especially about BB because he is the top banana.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from koshman. Show koshman's posts

http://www.allthingsbillbelichick.com/offthefield.htm

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Umie -

well stated and continues to beg the question why do pats fans express such disgust and jealousy towards Dungy. He has not reached the level of success of belichick and is now done. So what that he receives praise. It is because he accomodates people where Belichick chooses not to.

Its as if Pats fans think that Belichick deserves the adoration of all while giving nothing in return. Talk about hypocritical. Belichick does not care, so why should his fans?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Sorry patsfan but religious faith is neither reasonable or rational.

The very definition of faith is belief in something for which there is no proof.
    Thus following a doctine of a faith has nothing at all to do with hate or homophobia.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Question Indy... How MANY Pats fans have you counted that have hate and disgust towards Dungy? Are you using the posts of those who bother to express such an opinion as representative of the entire fan base? I do not care to be included in such a broad brush swiping of Pats fans. It would be no different if I called ALL Colts fan ignorant morons and this would include you. ( I do not have such an opinion, this is an example).

As with many posters I read from outside of the NE base, many will focus on the "negative" posts made here by those few Pats fans who post mostly negative rants against teams other than the Pats. They use those posts to generalize the entire fan base. There are FAR MORE rational posters here that yo simply gloss over as they do not rattle your chains, hence, you forget about them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

patsfan -

You really have a limited scope. you suggest others are close minded yet demonstrate exactly that characteristic which you admonish.

Can you define for me what being "anti-gay" is?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Agc - my comments are obvious generalizations applying to those who post their anger toward and disdain for Dungy. If you are not one of those then you know this does not include you.

By the same token, if your feelings are not the same as those who do post such drivel then why question just me? Maybe you should question them, too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Actually I was very pro-Gay when Randall played here, but now that he's on the Saints, I'm anti-Gay.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mercury22-The-Undefeated. Show Mercury22-The-Undefeated's posts

Bub-bye Pioli, McDaniels...don't let the door hit you in the vag!na on the way out. Hey maybe BB will give you a few of those "Path to Perfection" T-shirts before you go. South America sent them back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Patsfan -

Mirriam Webster defines open minded as being receptive to arguements and ideas.

Thefreedictionary.com defines open minded as: Having or showing receptiveness to new and different ideas or the opinions of others.

You are not showing any receptiveness to Dungy and his opinions. That makes you no more open minded than you think he is. Capiche?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mercury22-The-Undefeated. Show Mercury22-The-Undefeated's posts

Because watching all you lame haters go dark side is so much fun!! One of the best, if not the best team on paper and you haven't won a SB in what 5 years!!! Don't worry, soon you will be the Detroit Lions of the AFC. Unless of course the NFL grants a waiver for Brady to play on one leg. He's gonna get Bledsoed!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

How is not liking Dungy at all showing envy for him? Our team has won 3 super bowls in the same time spand that Dungy has choked in the playoffs so why would you even think any of the hate for Dungy stems from envy? Get over yourself Indylove your team and your coach are not that good, sure they make the playoffs every year but in all the playoff berths Dungy got for you how many titles did he bring home? only 1, I dont know about everyone else but i hate Dungy because of the goody goody impression the media paints of him, i hate his coaching style i hate the Tampa Two defense i pretty much hate everything about the man and it has nothing to do with being jelous of him, it has everything to do with the fact that for years the Pats had the Colts number and even though year in and year out we would beat the Colts in the playoffs we would still get treated like underdoggs like we had no shot. It took the Pats beating teh Colts 3 times in the playoff for the media to start giving us respect thats where it stems from for me anyway i hate the guy the fact that he is a bigit has nothing to do with it and he has nothing for me to be jelous about so that has nothing to do with it either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

[Quote]Blah, blah, blah......Bottom line is your coach is a anti-social, phychotic, cheating, poor loser and you take shots at Dungy because he believes in God. Now all your hatred can be directed toward Manning, Rothlisberger, Mangini, the Wildcat, Plaxico, the Giants, Pioli, McDaniels, spygate, Bernard Pollard, etc. Get over yourself. You're just haters. I will enjoy watching the continued decline and fall of a classless team and fans.[/Quote]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

You're just haters. I will enjoy watching the continued decline and fall of a classless team and fans.

Mercury, you call us haters?? Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Tony Dungy is an extremely good person. He's not a saint but he is much better than a whole lot of people in this world.
    In this world of cynics and negative people (see this forum for proof) he is a ray of light.
    He has also done some good things in the community both in Indy and Tampa.

To compare him to BB is wrong in any respect except their records. Which is in BB favor.
    However let's not forgaet that Gruden won a SB in Tampa with the team Dungy built and took to the playoffs the previous year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Indy...

For those ridiculous post you referred to and questioning the reasoning of the poster. I feel it is not worth my time given their post is not rational and may simply generate a worse post. If all they do is rant for nothing but to rant, then I know they really do not care to talk football. They are venting!