1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

The Shameful Specter of Politics

"Well i have comcast and I dont get nfl network so whats your point?"

I think his point is, that your fat mammy doesn't get enough in her social security check to afford the sports tier.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from keithc175. Show keithc175's posts

Mr R.Are you on this thread too?� I'm now designating you my personal b!tch.Dance on the string, b!tch.� Spout some more of your tireless idiocy and filth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

Raven, you are so retarded. It's like someone let you out of the home for the day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from keithc175. Show keithc175's posts

You found the exclamation point key!� Good for you, my b!tch!� We may squabble, but there's one undeniable fact.� You're my personal b!tch!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from keithc175. Show keithc175's posts

Sweet dreams, my b!tch!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

NFL Network tackles ComcastEmails urge subscribers to keep channelBy JOHN DEMPSEY
    In what it calls "an email blast," the NFL Network is fighting Comcast's #### of the channel from an entertainment tier reaching more than 6 million customers to a more expensive sports tier with only 250,000 subscribers. The email, a one-page pamphlet in the form of an advertisement distributed to Comcast customers, is headlined "Why Pay More for Your Football" and urges subscribers to "demand that NFL Network remain in your current cable package" or "demand a rebate for the loss" of the channel, with Comcast's 800 number mischievously included in the ad. A ruling in New York Supreme Court last month favorable to Comcast emboldened the cabler to begin bouncing the NFL net from its no-extra-charge digital platform to a sports tier that costs an additional $4.95 a month. Under the ruling, the NFL Network forfeited its right to continue on the 6 million customer platform by not allowing Comcast (or any other cable operator) to buy the Sunday Ticket out-of-market NFL games and by rejecting a bid by the Comcast-owned Versus network for a package of eight regular-season NFL primetime games post-Thanksgiving. The NFL sold the Sunday Ticket games exclusively to DirecTV, which made a preemptive five-year bid of $3.5 billion. And the league kept the eight primetime contests for its NFL Network. The NFL net is hoping that its email blitz will cause Comcast customers to cancel their cable subscriptions and subscribe to DirecTV or EchoStar; both satcasters carry the channel on widely circulated tiers. The network's email attack helpfully publishes the phone numbers of DirecTV and EchoStar. In some markets, Comcast subscribers have another option: #####ing to AT&T and Verizon, which have created a cable-like service and are gradually encroaching on existing cable markets. Both AT&T and Verizon are enthusiastic carriers of the NFL Network. Patsfan1966 - I guess you aren't much of a Pats fan, or NFL fan... I suspect you are a Specter fan if anything.� Thanks for trying to derail the thread and keep people from being informed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

COMCAST SUIT: NFL NETWORK IN BREACH

By PETER LAURIA

December 15, 2007 -- It's Brian Roberts vs. Jerry Jones in the latest round of legal wrangling between cable operators and the NFL Network.

Roberts-led Comcast late Thursday night filed a lawsuit against the NFL Network - where Jones is the chairman of the committee charged with negotiating carriage deals with television providers - alleging breach of contract.

According to the lawsuit, filed in New York Supreme Court, Comcast claims the NFL Network breached its contract with the cable operator by embarking on a "multimillion dollar marketing campaign to drive Comcast's customers to its competitors."

The NFL Network in general, and Jones in particular, has publicly encouraged cable subscribers who don't get the channel - or are required to pay extra to access it, as Comcast subscribers are - to "make the switch" to other television providers that offer the channel, including DirecTV, EchoStar, Verizon FiOS and AT&T's U-verse.

Specifically, Comcast notes in its lawsuit that the NFL Network "has sent multiple mass e-mailings aimed at Comcast subscribers with the subject line 'Comcast wants you to pay more for NFL Network.' "

In response to the lawsuit, NFL Network spokesman Seth Palansky said, "It seems to us that after repeatedly telling you and us that its customers don't care about our channel, Comcast seems to be a little nervous about our perfectly legitimate efforts to make sure consumers know all of their options for getting the NFL Network."

Thursday's lawsuit traces its roots to a prior round of litigation between Comcast and the NFL Network that began last year.

At that time, the NFL Network sued Comcast, claiming the cable operator must offer the channel on an expanded basic tier available to all subscribers rather than on a sports tier available for an additional monthly fee.

The New York Supreme Court in May ruled that Comcast was well within its rights and said the company "is entitled to distribute the NFL Network on a sports tier under the agreements between the parties."

Comcast shares closed at $18.14, up 10 cents.

And a little more info, its so easy to find if you look... Specter has is own agendas, aiding Comcast and pressuring the NFL to cave to their demands is one of them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

You are a very sorry individual.

Didn't even bother to read those two article did you.

Shame, that folks like you are allowed to infest a MB like a disease and keep intelligent folks from having an honest discussion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh018. Show jrh018's posts

And let's not forget this shameless, pandering scumbag's role in the Clarence Thomas Supreme Court condirmation hearings when he took point in the assualt on Anita Hill, former co-worker of Thomas' who was sexually harrassed by our now Supreme Court pervert. I'm a Rebublican, and I was outraged by that sackless bully.

But for a real glimpse into the ethical and moral fibre of this PA turd, understand that he got his start in politics as a special counsel to the Warren Commission! Always good to know you have a man devoid of ethics, willing to do what ever is necessary to push the agenda when you're attempting to foist the greatest government cover-up of all time on the American public!

You Go!, Arlen...... There's a special spot in hell being reserved for you and your kind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

Comcast Officially Kicks Off NFL Network and NFL Network ON DEMANDSeptember 13, 2004

BALTIMORE, Sept. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian Roberts and National Football League Commissioner Paul Tagliabue will discuss the launch of NFL Network on Comcast cable systems today at an 11:00 a.m. ET news conference that will also be available via a live Webcast in the pressroom section of http://www.comcast.com.Comcast and NFL Network are kicking off the launch this week with a multi-million dollar, multi-pronged marketing campaign that includes television spots featuring NFL Network anchor Rich Eisen, Video Mail outreach with NFL Films President Steve Sabol, plus newspaper ads, direct mail pieces, magazine ads, radio spots and cross channel commitments.NFL Network is the first channel fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of professional football. With the launch of NFL Network, Comcast Digital Cable customers will be able to experience the NFL in a whole new way with the 24x7 digital cable channel, video-on-demand highlights, and two weekly condensed games in HD -- all at no additional charge.Additionally, today marks the first time NFL game highlights, 8 20-minute extended highlights of each NFL game, are available on the Video-on-Demand platform. Comcast, the industry leader in this application, will demonstrate NFL Network ON DEMAND, a cable exclusive product, at today's press conference.Mr. Roberts stated, "Comcast is a leader in sports programming, and the addition of NFL Network and NFL Network ON DEMAND reinforces our commitment to providing our digital cable subscribers with the most customized sports entertainment experience available anywhere. Our subscribers love the NFL, and NFL Network ON DEMAND is a terrific feature that allows football fans to watch their favorite teams and players as often as they want and at their convenience."Mr. Tagliabue added, "Establishing this partnership with Comcast was important to the success of NFL Network, and reaching Comcast's 8 million digital cable subscribers is a huge boost. We look forward to working with Comcast to develop and enhance new technologies that will serve our fans in the future."NFL Network has launched in several Comcast markets, including Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Detroit, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Portland, Seattle and Washington, DC. Additional markets will launch NFL Network in the coming weeks, including Chicago, Nashville and Central, Northern and Southern California.All digital cable customers in Comcast VOD-enabled markets now have access to a unique and customized ON DEMAND lineup that features extended weekly game highlights, as well as team and player features and the best of the Emmy-award-winning NFL Films library.With Comcast ON DEMAND's interactive, on-screen programming guide, viewing NFL Network ON DEMAND content is quick and easy. Viewers can pause, rewind and fast forward their selections using their Comcast Digital Cable remote control.About ComcastHeadquartered in Philadelphia, Comcast Cable (http://www.comcast.com) is a division of Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), a developer, manager and operator of broadband cable networks and provider of programming content. With a presence in 22 of the top 25 United States markets, Comcast is one of the leading communications, media and entertainment companies in the world. Providing basic cable, Digital Cable, high-speed Internet and telephone services, Comcast is the company to look to first for the communications products and services that connect people to what's important in their lives. The company's 59,000 employees serve more than 21 million customers.NFL NetworkNFL Network will provide millions of fans of the great sport of football and the National Football League with a network to call their own. It will take 84 years of NFL history and combine it with the latest technology to bring television viewers sports entertainment at its highest level. To learn more, please log onto http://www.nfl.com.�Its too bad Comcast got greedy and wanted to charge viewers extra to watch NFL network.� They and ESPN have a lot on the line, if they don't win this battle they look to lose millions in revenues a year.� And Specter is their lap dog on this issue, out to pressure the NFL and force them to cave.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

QUOTE- As an aside, when people have "intelligent discussion" on a subject, one or more of them don't resort to name calling or insults when the other person or persons offer a dissenting or differing opinion.� I've been to many professional conferences and have seen people with differing opinions engaging in discussion, but I have yet to see name calling like what occurs on this forum.� The kind of behavior I see here makes me ill. - EQI agree, it is a shame you resorted to calling me an idiot for trying to inform folks of Specter's real loyalties and motives.� Specter brought this up to pressure Goodell and NFL owners to cave in and agree to Comcast demands.� There has been a battle going on�between the NFL and Comcast, in the courts and in the realm of public opinion, for more than a year now.� And Specter is the #1 politician on Comcast's payroll

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

No, I don't consider those insults... I consider them an honest evaluation.Your ceaseless posts in this thread, void of any worth while information, are proof enough to validate any comments I made about you.They are fair, and accurate, and well within the restraints of imposed decency.Now I am done allowing you to waste my time.� I will not respond to your pettiness further.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

Patsfan, you're just making stuff up now. Really, you seem so foolish. You keep talking about people not seeing the week 17 game. Yet you can't put into context his comments or even give a quote. I actually have the game on DVD. What am I supposed to be looking for? So now you're saying those NFL Network press releases are bogus? Ha! You are like one of those anti-global warming guys, who refuses to see the facts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

Here's a link to Shaughnessy's article today. I guess he's part of the conspiracy too. Haha!

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/02/02/its_only_added_fuel_to_the_ire/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fendrguitplayr. Show fendrguitplayr's posts

Who let all the HATRIOTS in here ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

This is what you're not understanding. The NFL Network wants cable companies to pay for it, but offer it in their basic tier. They offer channels that cost them more per subscriber than the NFL Network does (I'll go and try to dig up the numbers.) and offer those as part of the basic tier. But because the NFL Network is popular, the cable companies want to use it to attract people to a higher priced monthly package.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

My wife has a doctorate, and so do most of her friends. None of them know anything about sports, and nor do they care!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

And because you're a scientist I'll forgive your hard headed attitude and lack of a sense of humor, plus no grasp of sarcasm. The global warming thing was an analogy. But I'm sure you knew that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

The NFL upped the cost per subscriber in 2004 from .20 cents to .70 cents per subscriber. So roughly 168 million they want. I'll find some other numbers about what they are paying per subscriber for some other basic tier channels.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

Englis lit. American realism. Why do you think I went into IT?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

One sports example is ESPN. The wholesale cost is about $3 per subscriber.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

I agree Tex, that ESPN in particular has a Bullseye on the Patriots and will spread any rumor or fib that puts the Patriots in a negative light, if the people who watch will swallow it.Hey, there are a lot of people who watched their teams lose to the Patriots in big games, many people WANT to believe all these things being said are true.However, Specter has much bigger fish who he works for... the NFL has been embroiled in a struggle with Comcast (and others) that will ultimately mean hundreds of millions of dollars to the NFL if they can get their way... and it will mean millions a year for Comcast if they can control how and for how much they package the NFL Network.This is about causing grief to the NFL, and Goodell.� The media and many individuals may want to knock off the Champs and ruin their reputation, but Spectre is after:1) Free Face time2) Pressuring Goodell and the NFL to force them to bend their knee to Comcast's desires.3) Putting himself in a good light with Steelers and Eagles fans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from keithc175. Show keithc175's posts

Tex,Good call on this one.� I'm outraged that my tax dollars are going into this witchunt.� I've already emailed all my� Federal Representatives letting them�know of my disapproval�and I encourage everyone who values their tax dollars to do the same.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

I am in awe of the audacity of this man... the lengths he is willing to go to, the abuse of position and power he is allowed to get away with... he thinks he has a right to call in Brady to be interrogated by him.Unreal, elect someone to office in hopes that they will help you secure jobs, protect the nation, keep the economy going strong... and instead you get a half-baked flake who has a gripe with the Patriots being successful wasting his time on a personal matter that will help none of the people he was elected to serve.Well PA... now you have a prime reason why�so many of�your jobs have gone overseas, because this fool was too busy pursuing frivilious matters to take care of your state properly.

Sections
Shortcuts