1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

The Two Minute Drives

What is it with teams not ableing to stop other teams from driveing down the feild with a minute,and thirty seconds to two minutes left in there games.you see it in the season games,and other superbowls.its like defenses play scared in the last 2-minutes of games,or way to consevative.im not complaining on some of our wins that way,but it really surprises me to see the meltdowns in the final two minutes of a game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

The Two Minute Drives

Last nights game was like Deja Vu. With all the rules favoring the Offence, It's much easier for elite teams to drive down and score against the Prevent Defences of today. No Pressure = Points. Remember that Jets OT game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

The Two Minute Drives

It's a Goodell edict. The favored team gets no calls against them, no matter how blatant, on their last drive. This is the 3rd consecutive SB game that has happened in. It's not a coincidence after the first one. As the old saying goes, "Once it happens 3 times, it's no longer a coincidence, it's a trend".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The Two Minute Drives

Fitzgerald wasn't even in the endzone before I realized the Card's had left way too much time on the clock. passedball and evil are right, it's like the overtime rules in hockey. The whistles get put away unless someone commits murder. Couple that with the fact that teams abandon defenses that have been succesful all day for these ridiculous, ineffective "prevent" schemes that never work. Ask the guy why he keeps banging his head against the wall and he will invariably tell you: "Because it feels so good when I stop."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The Two Minute Drives

[Quote]It's a Goodell edict. The favored team gets no calls against them, no matter how blatant, on their last drive. This is the 3rd consecutive SB game that has happened in. It's not a coincidence after the first one. As the old saying goes, "Once it happens 3 times, it's no longer a coincidence, it's a trend".[/Quote]

First of all, the Steelers were callled for holding at the start of their drive and were pinned back at the 12. I'm sorry but if you can't stop a team from going 88 yards in 2 minutes then you just suck.

Second, 3 years ago was the Colts-Bears Super Bowl and the game was well over before the last drive. I'm surprised you even remember the last drive, if there was one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

The Two Minute Drives

I forgot to add that they give the favored team the TD catch even when it wasn't. Both feet weren't down when Holmes had possession. One was on top of the other. Go watch the replay. It's clear as day, even in SD. That's a college TD, not a NFL TD. Explain that one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The Two Minute Drives

[Quote]I forgot to add that they give the favored team the TD catch even when it wasn't. Both feet weren't down when Holmes had possession. One was on top of the other. Go watch the replay. It's clear as day, even in SD. That's a college TD, not a NFL TD. Explain that one.[/Quote]

Yeah, and it wasn't even the Steelers on the field - it was all the refs from around the league dressed up as the Steelers! And Goodell is the one who picked off Warner!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Two Minute Drives

It could be that playing pro football is not as easy as you may think and playing 60 minute football is not easy. By the time the last two minutes of the game come around players are tired and therefore exicuting the plays being called is not as easy as it was in the first half. Sure its great when teh D makes the stop but its understandable that the cards D was tired in the last minute of that ball game and thats why they let the game go cause they were too tired to exicute the way teh Steelers were.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The Two Minute Drives

Man, Taz, yur spelling sux

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollsarefools. Show trollsarefools's posts

The Two Minute Drives

.....and you perfect right mighty?

Big Ben is without a doubt the second best QB in the league.

But Ryan Clark and James Harrison are jerks.

And Taz, please use a period your writing is nearly incromprehensible
    from themightypatriots in Post #7074329382404313902
    You are such an obnoxious jerk. Get of you high horse "Mr. Webster" everyone here makes spelling and grammar errors-even you smarty pants it's INCOMPRENHENSIBLE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Two Minute Drives

Yes my spelling sux so sue me you d_ick

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The Two Minute Drives

LOL, Taz, for someone who talks tough you get upset way too easily.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Two Minute Drives

who says im upset? why cause i called you a d_ick? trust me i can care less what you think i called you a d_ick cause your being a d_ick its that simple. If I can go back and forth with Leon im sure i can handle you telling me I cant spell. like I dont already know i cant spell. I would be worried if this was a spelling bee but its not so no big deal from where i sit im sure if i double checked my spelling i could fix my mistakes but i am leaving a post on a sports forum while i pass the time at work not writing a book on English and Grammer so I can care less but hey if calling people out on their spelling makes you feel smart you go right ahead and keep on doing it big man whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The Two Minute Drives

Newzflash Taz: When you write like that, it sounds lke ur upset.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Two Minute Drives

when I write like what? do you really think every time someone calls someone else a d_ick that they are upset? i dont even know you man so why would i let anything you say bother me? seriously man your not that importent. nothing you say bothers me and i hope it wouldnt bother anyone else. as far as i know you are some snot nosed little punk writing from his moms basement now im not saying thats what you are im just saying as far as i know that is who you are so trust me im not upset by what you or anyone else has to say and that goes double for people talking about my spelling like i give a sh*t if i spell right on a sports forum. I swear alot thats something i do so the simple fact that i called you a d_ick when you were in fact being a d_ick doesnt mean i upset it just means your a d_ick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The Two Minute Drives

I'll admit I'm a d_ick if you admit you're upset.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ironman11. Show ironman11's posts

The Two Minute Drives

The whole NFL is turning WWF. If you guys think that these games aren't scripted by now, you're kidding yourselves. Sure the Steelers won. Did they cover the 6 point spread? No. How is it that in the past 5 years they've had more OT games than in the past 30 years. TV commercials. Who gets to win Super Bowls? Teams that have built new stadiums, or teams that plan to. Raises ticket prices. The colts won 2 years ago, oh look- new stadium. The Pats? How much did they pay for Gillette? Ok, let's give 'em 3 SB wins so they can have the highest ticket prices in the league, and pay off union labor that built the place. The Steelers with $803 million in stadium investment bonds to pay off, have all of a sudden won two recent Superbowls. The Cards are next. They spent God knows how much on the new stadium, with the field that travels on railroad tracks out into the sun during the day. Sure Holmes made that catch, but you can bet if he didn't, someone would on the next play due to ...."Blown coverage." I think we're all getting scammed by the NFL, and with players making the money they do, no one is talking. Hell, if you can't get a wrestler to say pro wrestling is fake (and they make way less than any football player), how do you expect an NFL player to leak the truth when they're making millions? MHO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Two Minute Drives

I think WWF is a stretch, but the playoff officiating has been very NBA the last few seasons. It seems like in the big moments the refs are reluctant to slow the game down with a flag.

Mike Reiss raises a good point about this, noting the lack of a review on the final Cards' play, and the non-cll on Santonio Holmes' using the ball as a prop, and the non-ejection of Harrison for punching another player.

If you add the three together it could possibly (but highly unlikely) have altered the outcome of the game. Even if it didn't I can't see any rational explanation for why you would change officiating style mid game. It always annoysme in baseball when they shrink up the strike zone becuae the pitcher is complaining or because it it s late in a long game, or in the NBA when the final few minutes teams are allowed to travel and such.

If they like those rules, just change them.

That said, I didn't see a significant impact on the game here. Arizona broke down hard. They had been playing agreat defensive game all game long, and let two mediocre passes beat them. There is no excuse for Holmes' 40+ yard scamper, he ran past four defenders like they were fire hydrants, and thereis certainly no excuse for letting him catch a pass in triple coverage that was two yards out of bounds. If one player is there to make a tiny hit it is a non-TD.

Also I think MVP's point bears mentioning. By the end of the game defenses are often times spent.I know from personal experience that playing "D" is a lot more taxing than playing "O" because you waste so much effort chasing the action.

However, Zona played tight on that last defensive effort, and Wisenhunt (or his OC) played it way to conservative. You play prevent against the best YAC team in football, not with that much time remaining. They should have played tighter man coverage so they would be in a position to get a stop or a more conventional two deep zone, so they could get to holmes quicker. Without that long play Pitt likely doesn't score , or if they do it is a FG and the coint toss decides who wins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ironman11. Show ironman11's posts

The Two Minute Drives

zbellino,
    I kind of agree, but don't you think the refs, "not seeing Harrison's punch, or Holmes' celebration" is a bit like the ref looking away while Hulk Hogan gets hit with a chair? I don't think WWF is a stretch at all. How is it that Warner can comlete 10 passes in a row, then all of a sudden, can't complete a pass to save his life? The NFL is BIGTIME, they aren't going to blatantly throw games like a wrestling match. They do it in a subtle way to try and maintain their integrity. I'm a Steeler fan and still think the game was thrown. Sure I give sh*t to others on here that still think the game is legit, or attack me as a fan directly, they deserve the sh*t I give them, but I'm still able to spot a scam, and I'm willing to discuss the possibility.Intelligently. Don't you think that it's a little fishy that when the Cards scored the go ahead TD, There were NO DEFENDERS on one of their premier receivers? How many times this year have games been won because no one was covering the opposing team's number one receiver? I've been watching football for 37 years and I haven't seen this kind of blatant "Blown coverage" except for the past 5.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The Two Minute Drives

[Quote]
    The whole NFL is turning WWF. If you guys think that these games aren't scripted by now, you're kidding yourselves. Sure the Steelers won. Did they cover the 6 point spread? No. How is it that in the past 5 years they've had more OT games than in the past 30 years. TV commercials. Who gets to win Super Bowls? Teams that have built new stadiums, or teams that plan to. Raises ticket prices. The colts won 2 years ago, oh look- new stadium. The Pats? How much did they pay for Gillette? Ok, let's give 'em 3 SB wins so they can have the highest ticket prices in the league, and pay off union labor that built the place. The Steelers with $803 million in stadium investment bonds to pay off, have all of a sudden won two recent Superbowls. The Cards are next. They spent God knows how much on the new stadium, with the field that travels on railroad tracks out into the sun during the day. Sure Holmes made that catch, but you can bet if he didn't, someone would on the next play due to ...."Blown coverage." I think we're all getting scammed by the NFL, and with players making the money they do, no one is talking. Hell, if you can't get a wrestler to say pro wrestling is fake (and they make way less than any football player), how do you expect an NFL player to leak the truth when they're making millions? MHO
    [/Quote]

Well said. But like the WWF, this sure is entertaining.