1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nufced. Show nufced's posts

This RSN stuff has to end

I saw this blog posted on another board. I think the blogger speaks for many of us�http://bythebanksoftherivercharles.blogspot.com/2008/03/we-have-become-worse-than-yankees.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from danny1972. Show danny1972's posts

God I hate this self-hating whining! Why don't you and that blogger go cheer for somebody else, if everything is so awful? I've been a BoSox fan for over thirty years and there is no damn way I want to go back to the losing again. You want to compete with the Yankees on a yearly basis then you have to maximize every revenue stream you can, including much of the crap on NESN. Back before this group the continual refrain was just wait until Saberhagen gets off the D.L., it'll be like adding an All-Star". Puh-leeze! You know why everyone hates the Sox now? Because they win! No way no how do I want to go back to being plucky little losers who can specialize in blowing leads and getting their a$$e$ handed to them by the Spankees on a yearly basis. Anybody who wants to cheer for a team that every opposing fan loves seeing come to town can go cheer for the f-ing Orioles or Pirates!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Nufced..surely you'll get just as many if not more who will read that and feel that the blogger doesn't speak for them...if you feel he speaks for you, then hey...that's what it is..btw� as a Yankee fan i've learned that alot of the hate has�nothing more than they're the Yankees and they� are successful and have been for a long time..the Sox are seen as the top dog by some and some backlash from less successful team's fans come with it... of course i can't prove it...just my opinion...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainkarl. Show captainkarl's posts

This RSN stuff has to end.

So does this thread. Thanks for the wonderful waste of time you have contributed to this board. Please speak for yourself not for Red Sox Nation. The phrase would not be getting any attention if it were not for Hank, so why don't you complain to him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nufced. Show nufced's posts

DannyI love the Sox but when I am watching a game I don't need to hear Don and Jerry break the flow of the game by describing the date they are filming. Why can't the Red Sox gave some giveaways for the fans? I know they have to compete but they don't have to turn Fenway into the midway at the Brockton Fair either.���

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from peskypole. Show peskypole's posts

I think the blogger brings up a lot of valid points.� The Red Sox have done a lot to improve Fenway, but yeah, they don't do much in the way of giveaways, probably because they know they don't need to in order to get fans into the ballpark.� Which, by the way, is the whole idea behind promotions in the first place.Personally, I think it would take awhile before we become worse than the Yankees, but I also agree that we have more than our fair share of idiot fans, many of which give RSN a black eye.� I've seen a big change from the "loveable losers" we were prior to 2004, to the hateable winners that we are today.� Again, I don't think we're even close to the Yankees in that respect, but we'e closing the gap, unfortunately.� JMO.�

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'll take the wins over this emo self hatred BS anytime, get a clue because most of us didn't enjoy the misery of the curse.� If they want to hate, let them hate... F them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

I'm still trying to figure out why Sports Illustrated ignoring the White Sox is our fault.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

Nufced..surely you'll get just as many if not more who will read that and feel that the blogger doesn't speak for them...if you feel he speaks for you, then hey...that's what it is..btw� as a Yankee fan i've learned that alot of the hate has�nothing more than they're the Yankees and they� are successful and have been for a long time..the Sox are seen as the top dog by some and some backlash from less successful team's fans come with it... of course i can't prove it...just my opinion...Jete, let me add a little to the original post here.� He is correct, the sox and sox fans are the most hated in the country.� As you know I live in Las Vegas and as a yankee fan I am not the most loved, but I have been told over and over and over that the sox fans are so much worse.� Most baseball fans oustide of New England can't stand the sox, they have replaced the yankees as the most hated team.� The reason most fans give me is that the sox fans are so accustomed to losing that they don't know how to win.� I am not saying I totally agree with this line of thinking, but believe me it is the general rule on the west coast.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cjc3314. Show cjc3314's posts

This just blows me away. They've taken the fans for granted? I love being taken for granted with 2 championships in 4 years. This is the best franchise in baseball right now, and it's a lot of fun. I can live without a free bobblehead here and there. And the extra seats have given the Sox a chance to compete by generating revenue. That's what this is all about. They're playing within the rules, and right now, they're doing it better than anyone else.

If you want available seats and a more humble fan base, root for the Royals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

I am not saying I totally agree with this line of thinking, but believe me it is the general rule on the west coast.Technically speaking, you're not on the coast.� I know at times it looks like you're in Paris, NY, Rome, or Monaco, but those people out back surfing are just riding on really big wave machines.� 14 months and weeks until my next visit.ok Joe, l am not on the ocean, but we are Pacific time here and many of the people that live here and visit hear are from California........................wow 14 more months, that's a long time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

You're not worried that other fans hate us??

I lie awake nights worrying about it!!!

I'm leaving my Sox hat home on my next trip to Vegas!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey HOT...i can see that...but in the course of reading certain threads..it is the opinion of certain Sox fans the the Yankees are the scum of the earth and the sun rises and sets on the Sox(i don't have a problem with that)..it's not always the case..alot of people hate the Sox too...but IMO..it's for alot of the same reasons they hate the Yanks...i could be wrong..i really doesn't matter to me..i love the Yanks more than i hate anyone else...�

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

Technically speaking, you're not on the coast.� I know at times it looks like you're in Paris, NY, Rome, or Monaco, but those people out back surfing are just riding on really big wave machines.�Actually Joe, the New York New York is a cool place too............you can visit here and travel the world without a plane....LOL�

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevejbr. Show stevejbr's posts

The best reason to continue and promote RSN is that it irritates new yorkers, their obnoxious fans and their classless owners.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

The best reason to continue and promote RSN is that it irritates new yorkers, their obnoxious fans and their classless owners

I think that is the best reason to do anything........to annoy others..........you are so right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

Yeah when you win a lot people don't like you.� I'm with the posters here who say who cares - it's their problem.�� Besides the David/Goliath angle in 2004, we shouldn't exepct any ongoing sympathy.� I've followed for about 35 years and it's nice to finally win.� I don't think we're the Yankees yet - and I'm glad the Sox are doing well developing players, rather than just buying up everyone (very surprised the Yanks didn't buy Santana).Do you realize that the sox in 2004 when they won the world series had only one starter that was from the Sox farm system..............the rest were all free agents (11 of them) or players traded for that were going into free agency (like Santana)................while the yankees during there string of 4 championships in 5 years had the following guys from the yankee farm system, Jeter, Bernie, Pettitte, Posada, Rivera and �Medoza.� THat is 600% more than the sox� had, so how can you say the sox developed players and the yankees bought theirs........I look forward to your response.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostoiad05. Show bostoiad05's posts

Just a few more tidbits....Outside of giving out magnetic schedules on Opening Day...NOTHINGThey took the trophy to the childrens hospital and to the walter reed army hospital.� That made the kids and the soldiers day. The Sox do alot of work for the Jimmy fund too. If taking the money for a two dollar trinket for a fan at the game is rather applied to charitable work to help the community, so be it...

Gone are the days a group of friends would meet after work and somebody would say "Hey the Indians are in town let's go" and you would hop the subway over to Kenmore and buy tickets at the window.

Actually my friends and I have season tickets. There are 8 of us who share four seats. This way we get to go the games. As the demand went up we had to think different..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

First of all, you said �starters� and then to get to 600% you include everyone on the Yankees.� Secondly, everyone knows the Yankees have by far the biggest payroll.� It�s not as wide a margin as it used to be, but it�s still the case.� In 2004, it was something like 160 million for the Yankees and the Sox were second with about 110 million (maybe not exact numbers).�I said the sox had only one starter from the boston farm system,�in that I included, but did not mention so I see your point,�all starting pitchers and main relievers..........but after I clear that up with you, then my numbers hold true.......600% more "core" yankees from the yankee farm system than the sox.�-->Thirdly, I was talking about now � so now we have Youkilis, Pedroia, Papelbon, Delcarmen, Lester, Bucholz, etc.� Even if you look at Beckett and Lowell, they got them by trading Hanley Ramirez � so although you can�t keep score with them, it�s related to a good farm system � which is all I was saying.�You didn't say now..............I am comparing yankee championship teams to sox championship teams, you said the yankees bought theirs and the sox didn't, but I just proved you wrong..........but will you admit it, probably not.�-->�-->PS Yankees haven�t won a championship in over a billion dollars � how�s that feel? �good point, it feels like 7 years, cetainly not 86 years, you would no more about that than me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

Amen to that.� Club memberships are for little kids.� Give them a little membership card, maybe an autographed picture of on the players, etc.� The idea that adults need a membership for a team they've rooted for for 30-40 years is a little odd.
    Now this is a good idea. I'm in my mid 50's and if I ever told my two grown sons that I signed up to become a "member" of RSN I think they would laugh at me. But to have something for the little kids would be fun for them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

Oh, and also to get 600% you compared 1year against 5.� That�s a bit unfair, don�t you think?which one year against which 5 years........I was comparing 2004 sox to the 1998� yankeesone year against one year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

you are correct, but those players were there the entire time, you could have picked any one of those years and my point would have been correct..............I notice you keep avoiding the real point of this conversation........the sox bought a HUGE percentage of thier players to win and the yankees had most come from t heir own farm system..........why can't you see that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

you still avoid the true issue...............the yankees had many more home grown players than the sox during both of their championship runs.......................why won't you admit it................it was your claim that the yankees bought their championships, do you still say the yankees, who had more home grown players than the sox durinng thier championship runs bought thier championships and the sox did� not.............will you ever answer that question..........................and yes Youk was on the 2004 team, that was my mistake......he had 2 at abats throughout the entire 3 playoff series that year, a very big part of the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

great job again of avoiding the issue................but ok, you are right in 1996 Posada only had 8 at bats,..........but then we need to add in Jim Leyritz, Bob Wickman and Gerald Willilams�as home grown yankees..............you make the comparison even worse for the sox....................so when will you answer the question, who had more homegrown players in their championship years...............I know you don't want to answer, but everyone already knows, you just refuse to face the facts and admit it............YOu started this entire conversation by saying that the yankees bought their championships and the sox did't...................you were wrong.........will you ever admit it............probably not

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

and just for your info.........in 1996 and 1998� the yankees had the fourth highest payroll behind cleveland, Baltimore and Atlanta.� The sox were 5th both years

Sections
Shortcuts